PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How much longer will you drink the BB kool-aid?

No - I am a pats fan, 35 year season ticket holder.

I have actually owned season tickets in the last 6 decades, but I have had them now this time since 1992.

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that Mac Jones is no Tom Brady.

Unfortunately some people live in denial.
But If things change & your are correct, I will gladly admit I was wrong, but we know you won’t Andy Johnson. You will just change your screen name again & try to hide in the weeds.
I admit when I am wrong all the time. Find a fact I got wrong and I’ll gladly admit it if I did. Where you seem to be confused is opinions are not wrong, they are opinions. A large part of what I post has always been challenging the popular belief or consensus belief that I disagree with. The group think. Having a minority opinion is not something to admit you are wrong about.

You are among the most negative fans I have ever met and you revel in the negativity. I really doubt you want the patriots to succeed. You prefer to have something to complain about. And you’ve probably been doing that all 35 years.

I admit when I am wrong all the time. Find a fact I got wrong and I’ll gladly admit it if I did. Where you seem to be confused is opinions are not wrong, they are opinions. A large part of what I post has always been challenging the popular belief or consensus belief that I disagree with. The group think. Having a minority opinion is not something to admit you are wrong about.

You are among the most negative fans I have ever met and you revel in the negativity. I really doubt you want the patriots to succeed. You prefer to have something to complain about. And you’ve probably been doing that all 35 years.

I voice my opinion, good or bad & I never worry about Patsfans koolaid drinkers approval.

There are a few really good posters, on Patsfans & Ian does a great job and that Is the only reason I have been here for 15 years.

I also have no problem admitting when I am wrong, but saying Mac Jones is no Tom Brady is only controversial when dealing with people like you !

I am sure not going to change my screen name & hide in the weeds like a coward

You probably weren’t a fan then but Belichick totally overhauled the roster from 2000 to 2001.
I‘m not sure there will ever be a better overhaul of a team then that class, to come in and gel as a team and to go on and win the Super Bowl.

I voice my opinion, good or bad & I never worry about Patsfans koolaid drinkers approval.

There are a few really good posters, on Patsfans & Ian does a great job and that Is the only reason I have been here for 15 years.

I also have no problem admitting when I am wrong, but saying Mac Jones is no Tom Brady is only controversial when dealing with people like you !

Why can't Mac Jones be Mac Jones? Why does Mac have to be "no Tom Brady".

No-one knows how successful Mac will be at this point. Will Mac be better than the GOAT? I think we all know the answer, even though it appears like you think it is a hot take.

There is no controversy in saying Mac jones isn’t Tom Brady. Do you want to point out where I said that?
Perhaps I should be more considerate of how miserable your life must be to choose a football team to root for and then spend your life complaining and not allowing a single word of optimism to be spoken without jumping in and fighting it.
I guess o should feel sorry for you, but perhaps I’m selfish, because all I feel is sorry for the time I lose reading your thoughts.

I‘m not sure there will ever be a better overhaul of a team then that class, to come in and gel as a team and to go on and win the Super Bowl.
Yeah it’s not just personnell either is right place, right time, right attitude.
If football seasons were played over multiple times, that team probably wouldn’t win the SB many times, but that doesn’t matter there is one shot, one moment one train.

forever-sandlot.gif

Why can't Mac Jones be Mac Jones? Why does Mac have to be "no Tom Brady".

No-one knows how successful Mac will be at this point. Will Mac be better than the GOAT? I think we all know the answer, even though it appears like you think it is a hot take.

I totally agree & I hope Mac Jones is the 2023 MVP

I just didn’t agree with comparing the 2023 Patriots with the 2003 Super Bowl Champs. Few exchanged messages later, we are comparing Brady & Mac Jones.
I just said, you cannot compare Mac to Brady after he pointed out Brady was 23-12 TD/Int in 2023.

No big deal…. Life goes on

Yeah it’s not just personnell either is right place, right time, right attitude.
If football seasons were played over multiple times, that team probably wouldn’t win the SB many times, but that doesn’t matter there is one shot, one moment one train.

Hey…. I try to judge every reply or post individually & I never have any personal feelings carry over to the next post I read.

I can go toe to toe with people and then compliment a good post they made.

That being said, if what the other guy said is true & someone showed up at your work, I completely understand your actions. I was busting your balls about hiding in the weeds, but you made the right call.

Let’s move onto a future battle & I really do hope Mac Jones has a great season.

As hard as it may be to believe, I really am a Patriots Fan….. I am just a very sarcastic Patriots fan.

Excuses.

What are your excuses for the team sucking after Thanksgiving every season? I really want to hear that.
I told you Brady having Arians fired and winning 8 games was problematic... all you had was excuses.

In 2021 they had a rookie QB. In 2022 they sucked all season offensively because Patricia is a clown, he's gone. "Every season" is actually one mostly competent season with a rookie QB and one throw away season with the worst offense coordinator in the league.
They beat a bunch of jag quarterbacks. Finished the season 1-4 and suffered the worst playoff loss of Belichick's career.
They were one field goal away from beating the sacred cow against Tampa, they were one Damien Harris fumble away from beating Miami. They had a rookie QB. How many games did Brady or Mahomes win as rookies? Oh yeah, none...
Patricia's a loser, and BB made another horrible decision, but somehow it's turned into an excuse for the entire 2022 season. Everyone gets a pass, including BB who's responsible for ****ing it up in first place. Mac too, nothing to see hear, let's just move onto 2023.
You seem to think I'm here to argue hiring Patricia was a good thing. Stop falling back on that, literally nobody thinks that or has said that.

They went from the 6th most points scored in the NFL in 2021, to 25th most points in 2022, clearly it was the major problem. The offense was almost exactly the same personnel wise from one year to the next, better even in 2022. Coaching matters, your "QB's are all that matters" theory is garbage.
See, here again, it's all good now, fixed. Patricia out, O'Brien in, every problem solved.
Agreed, assuming they have a good offseason in free agency and the draft.

I'll let you know by preseason my thoughts on the entire team, that's what it takes to win... a team.
The team is a long ways away from being "fixed." The big nothing so far in FA isn't making me feel any better about it either.
They're a lot closer to being the 2021 team than the 2022 team, and I expect them to be better than the 2021 team this season. We'll revisit this later once the offseason is over. It's too early to make an assessment on any team.

After last year ive reduced my consumtion of koolaid by %75 when it comes to BB as the gm of the team. Last year was inexplicable, starting with the draft, and then the regular season. He knew that fat mat and others were not capable of doing their jobs but let it go on all year. He stood back as the team made the same mistakes every week over and over again.

In 2021 they had a rookie QB. In 2022 they sucked all season offensively because Patricia is a clown, he's gone. "Every season" is actually one mostly competent season with a rookie QB and one throw away season with the worst offense coordinator in the league.
What does this have to do with my question to you?

I'll ask again, what are your excuses for the Patriots sucking after Thanksgiving every season?

Coaching matters, your "QB's are all that matters" theory is garbage.
My theory is actually QBs are what matters most. I agree too, coaching matters, obviously. But you seem to think Mac was good in 2021 and then sucked in 2022 solely because of Patricia. I think on the whole Mac was okay in 2021 (he played poorly down the stretch), and while he had poor coaching in 2022, he also played poorly... his mechanics were off, he wasn't seeing the whole field well, he made some really poor throws, and some worse decisions.

O'Brien is a major upgrade at OC but the supporting cast around Mac on the field will be what makes or breaks their season. Mac isn't good enough to make his teammates better but the reverse can be true. And O'Brien is going to turn Mac into Joe Burrow either.

They're a lot closer to being the 2021 team than the 2022 team, and I expect them to be better than the 2021 team this season. We'll revisit this later once the offseason is over. It's too early to make an assessment on any team.
I agree with your last statement. We'll see about the first part but don't forget that many teams in the AFC have gotten (a lot) better since 2021 so the Patriots being "closer to the 2021 team" or even somewhat better isn't going to be good enough. If the 2023 Patriots are going to be successful then they have to be a lot better than the 2021 Patriots.

They need to get a real GM, BB the GM is awful picking offensive weapons.

What does this have to do with my question to you?

I'll ask again, what are your excuses for the Patriots sucking after Thanksgiving every season?
Every season is different. The Patriots offense sucked from week one on last season… when were they good?

In 2021 they had a rookie QB, they weren’t ready for prime time. Mac’s body wasn’t conditioned for a 17 game season and another 3 games in the postseason. College teams play 13 games. He needed to get stronger, Barmore, Stevenson, all the kids had to get better. Young players need to learn how to win in the NFL.
My theory is actually QBs are what matters most. I agree too, coaching matters, obviously. But you seem to think Mac was good in 2021 and then sucked in 2022 solely because of Patricia. I think on the whole Mac was okay in 2021 (he played poorly down the stretch), and while he had poor coaching in 2022, he also played poorly... his mechanics were off, he wasn't seeing the whole field well, he made some really poor throws, and some worse decisions.
Mac didn’t suck in 2022, the entire offense sucked in 2022. The same unit doesn’t go from 6th in scoring and one of the least penalized units in the league to 25th and most penalized teams. That was coaching, the same way the Bucs turned into an 8 game winner.
O'Brien is a major upgrade at OC but the supporting cast around Mac on the field will be what makes or breaks their season. Mac isn't good enough to make his teammates better but the reverse can be true. And O'Brien is going to turn Mac into Joe Burrow either.
You say all the Patriots players suck… forgive me for not believing you.
I agree with your last statement. We'll see about the first part but don't forget that many teams in the AFC have gotten (a lot) better since 2021 so the Patriots being "closer to the 2021 team" or even somewhat better isn't going to be good enough. If the 2023 Patriots are going to be successful then they have to be a lot better than the 2021 Patriots.
They need to be better than 2021, rebuilding teams are either improving or they’re getting worse. We’ll see what they do in the draft and rest of free agency.

Every season is different. The Patriots offense sucked from week one on last season… when were they good?
2001 to 2019, excluding 2008.

You say all the Patriots players suck… forgive me for not believing you.
Patriot players on the current roster that I consider an asset: Judon, Uche, Bentley, Barmore, Godchaux, Wise, Dugger, Jonathan Jones, Marcus Jones, Juju, Parker, Bourne, Henry, Rhamondre, Andrews, Onwenu, Zappe, and Schooler... did I miss anyone obvious?

so is bill the GM really going to go into the season with the current receiving group? barring a trade for Jeudy there's NO ONE out there to add that moves the needle. yes, he'll add a draft pick or 2, a couple of guys who get cut, some UDFA...but barring something unforeseen, such a group of "weapons" is a fireable offense. can't see Krafty Bob on board with this....but the again, Kraftys big FA acquisition is his new lighthouse and scoreboard

so is bill the GM really going to go into the season with the current receiving group? barring a trade for Jeudy there's NO ONE out there to add that moves the needle. yes, he'll add a draft pick or 2, a couple of guys who get cut, some UDFA...but barring something unforeseen, such a group of "weapons" is a fireable offense. can't see Krafty Bob on board with this....but the again, Kraftys big FA acquisition is his new lighthouse and scoreboard
The WR group is fine.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back