PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How Many Titles Would Belichick Have WITHOUT Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get your overall point that together they make a super power but I don't think that individually they both fail either. I mean, Peyton Manning won Super Bowls without great coaches......and if we all think Brady is better than Manning why don't we think he could win one (even without BB)?
I was just kidding lol. People make an argument that Brady sucks and only Bill was good and then turn around and make the opposite argument.

If brady doesn't show one inch of decline next season then what will happen? Are they gonna keep him? Jimmy will be 26 going into this season. I think the guy wants to be a starter. You getting yourself into a pickle here. It's still shocking to me that he wasn't move. I really feel brady can play at a high level the next 2 to 3 years. Maybe bill doesn't believe that. Stay tune
we get a third round pick when he leaves.

OP, honestly you may want to delete this and forget about it before it gets too late. This is an all-time bad thread and those tend to get brought up for years to come. Just ask Patrodamus... if you can find him.
You're no fun!

I'm going to go on the record as saying that if the Patriots failed to field a quarterback, they wouldn't win a single game.

In other news...I miss Peyton. Now that Brady has so thoroughly eclipsed him, fans who used to be able to occupy themselves with the Manning vs. Brady debates seem to be turning their energies to an imaginary Belichick vs. Brady debate. We're eating our own young.
Well, neither is so "young" any more, but your point is taken. :p

So you're saying it's bs? You have no clue. They trade for him. If he look's good than you franchise him and pay him! We will see whose right. I think BB thinks strongly about jimmy G as a QB and what hype? I thought he was a good QB coming out of college.

Jimmy very well may be better than the QBs drafted last night. But to act like it means nothing to have a QB under a cheap contract for no less than 4 years and pretend the $21 million franchise tag for a QB is nothing doesn't seem logical. If they hit on their QB last night, they'll also have A LOT of extra money to spend the next several seasons.

The Raiders will change considerably once Carr is costing them $20+ million per year.

I'm trying to figure out what the point of this post was, and I'm coming up empty. I guess the answer depends on who would be the QB in Brady's place. If he was good, Belichick would probably have some titles. Definitely not 5, but some other number that's less than 5. Probably a lot less than 5. If his QBs were Brock Osweiler, or something similarly ****ty, then he'd have none. Given Belichick's track record outside Brady (ie drafting and developing Garoppolo), I'm guessing it's not blind luck that Belichick found Brady, and that in some alternate universe where Brady never played in the NFL he'd have found himself some pretty good QBs anyway. Probably good enough to win a title or two.

But just by looking into it that far I think this question has already been given more attention than it deserves .Better answer: who the **** cares?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back