PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hogan should get cut this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn’t agree more. He’s a shell of what he was. At first the apologists here said he was being double teamed because Edelman wasn’t playing then I heard the same posters saying his stats a re comparable to last year. I’m here to tell you he’s not in the same shape anymore. He looks small in person. I don’t know what happened but my guess is that he had off season surgery, maybe for the shoulder and he just hasn’t come back from it the way he’d like.

He has regressed so much this year it’s not even funny.

Even Dorsett deserves to be moved ahead of Hogan IMO.
We really miss Amendola, the guy along Julian has been rock solid for us when not injured.

Just been a disappointing performance this week.
Just because Tom isn't throwing him the ball doesn't mean Hogs has regressed.

Didn't one of the pats receivers steal a catch from Hogan today?

Last yr Hogan had 34 and 5 tds in his first 8 games, including game 8 which he got hurt and didn't play the whole game... This season he has 23 catches and 2 tds in 10 games...massive drop off

I think saying this team is historically not a good road team is not accurate.

This year? It seems you are accurate.

I should clarify:
1. we are not a good road team in the playoffs
2. we are not a good road team this season

I couldn’t agree more. He’s a shell of what he was. At first the apologists here said he was being double teamed because Edelman wasn’t playing then I heard the same posters saying his stats a re comparable to last year. I’m here to tell you he’s not in the same shape anymore. He looks small in person. I don’t know what happened but my guess is that he had off season surgery, maybe for the shoulder and he just hasn’t come back from it the way he’d like.
I always have though he was a bit on the slight side, and said so in the past. But I got flamed for my effort. I am not sure the problem is Hogan. Brady has hit him when he was the first read. Not sure Brady is making his reads as fast now though - not seeing the second and third reads as well. Probably get flamed for saying that.

We beat the Chargers on a fluke play. It was a great game, though...one of the most fulfilling victories I've felt as a Pats fan.
Yup..then Tomlinson had his meltdown. As for Hogan, he stinks.

Regardless whatever is going on with Hogan, Dorset needs to play.

Their basically playing with 2 WRs w/White, catching passes.

Why carry 5 WR if your only going to throw to 2 of them.

Hogan has been fairly open this season but Brady is not throwing the ball to him for some reason. Instead he’s been throwing 50-50 balls to Gordon.

Even at the start of this game, he threw to White who was covered from the snap and white took a huge hit whereas Patterson was wide open. Brady seems to just somehow made up his mind and does not have the same peripheral vision as before. I’m not an expert but it just seems that way to me.

Brady really needs to go through his progressions, or at least have someone besides Edelman or Gordon as the first read occasionally because he seems to lock on to someone and throws into double or triple coverage.

Nice in theory, but you actually need a bit of time to get to your 3rd or 4th progression. With the lines play today Brady was lucky to get to his 2nd. The reason he threw to only Edelman or Gordon is they were likely his first 2 options on most plays, he didn’t have enough time to get to the others.

I should clarify:
1. we are not a good road team in the playoffs
2. we are not a good road team this season
There is not enough of a sample size to say this franchise sucks on the road on the playoffs.

To win SBs you need to be a good road team and 2014 and 2016 were

Brady locking in on receivers when he’s under pressure is nothing new- I swore at him last year for locking in on Gronk& Cooks... the previous year it was Edelman, and I remember getting mad back in 09/10 when all he could see was Welker...when he has time he generally spreads it around.

Nice in theory, but you actually need a bit of time to get to your 3rd or 4th progression. With the lines play today Brady was lucky to get to his 2nd. The reason he threw to only Edelman or Gordon is they were likely his first 2 options on most plays, he didn’t have enough time to get to the others.

Yes the line was the issue, but there were enough plays where Brady should shoulder the blame, especially when he locks on to someone surrounded by defenders. There were a lot of bad throws and decisions in this game. It’s been occurring sporadically previous games too.

He’s shown the ability in the past to make plays. Not giving up on him just yet.

Brady has thrown many terrible over throws, under throws to Hogan in single coverage this season.... Many throws so bad Hogan had no chance to catch the ball... Today Brady threw one so bad Hogan got interfered with and the ball was 10 feet over and 5 feet outside of him so there was no flag

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes