PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hogan should get cut this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the bye week will give this team to get healthy and Brady to get his act together and we definitely need to get everyone involved on this team If we wanna make a playoff run.
Hogan, Dorsett, Allen all need to start contributing but Brady needs to give these guys a chance.

So I'm know I'm treading dangerous water with this question, and don't take as an opportunity to go off on Brady either,

But him missing his lower options (Dorsett/Hogan) while wide open has been a theme this season. How valid is that narrative and what gives?

He’s a playoff performer, ride it out. Sb52, 2016 afcc and divisional round alll huge efforts. Came up big against kc too this year

Brady has to sharpen his playing. I honestly think this is the biggest problem with the O, not Hogan or the WRs. He isn’t seeing the field well.

Probably needs to get some bifocals

So I'm know I'm treading dangerous water with this question, and don't take as an opportunity to go off on Brady either,

But him missing his lower options (Dorsett/Hogan) while wide open has been a theme this season. How valid is that narrative and what gives?
Said it in the game thread, but I think we are witnessing the start of Brady's erosion. Love Brady, but he appears to be seeing ghosts out there and also is making more and more bad reads/decisions. He also is struggling without the bye in my opinion and is gassed. Brady will likely return to form due to the bye, but eventually that form will never return out of nowhere.

Hes not the best QB this season, period. However he is a top 4 when in form.

Well I don't think Brady is necessarily declining yet but I do think we need a better backup QB. Imagine if Brady actually loses it and then we have Brian Hoyer coming in, yikes.

Brady had a bad game. Simple as that. He should be much better after the bye.

Brady's love affair with Gordon needs to end. It should be judicious not default/automatic. I understand that Gordon has pulled off some spectacular catches when seemingly covered, but relying on these seemingly low percentage plays, or in effect on athleticism rather than scheme is exactly what the rest of the league does and we don't. We outperform based on better game plan, scheme, and ability to get playmakers open, and not on relying on outstanding athleticism, which is why the rest of the league overpays for these big bodied athletes/WRs and we don't. Brady needs to refocus on finding the open man and not finding Gordon. Way too many throws were forced to him when he CLEARLY wasn't open.

Does anyone else think that we’ve been force feeding Gordon?

Completely agree. On every 3rd and 4th down, I was thinking "please don't force it to Gordon again".

Brady had a bad game. Simple as that. He should be much better after the bye.

Yeah but this goes much deeper than the last game. Three games of subpar play is a trend, my friend. I'm not saying Brady is in decline or he's all done but I am saying that the Pats and Brady are trending down right now and I don't see who they're going to get back after the Bye that's going to not make Brady lock in on Gordon or make the O-line not suck on toast like they did in Memphis.

Last edited:
Does anyone else think that we’ve been force feeding Gordon?

Brady does that with most of his Binkies. Gronk - Edelman and Welker are all familiar with that.

Brady does that with most of his Binkies. Gronk - Edelman and Welker are all familiar with that.

Incorrect. He throws to the guys you listed often but he never locked in on those guys like he is now with Edelman and Gordon. It's almost criminal the way he didn't even look Hogan's way.

Hogan is fine. He hit Butler with a double move yesterday that was a thing of beauty that would have probably went for 6... had Brady seen him. Instead the ball went to Edelman and that was the game. Hogan even screamed after the play because he knew he could have made a play.

Well I don't think Brady is necessarily declining yet but I do think we need a better backup QB. Imagine if Brady actually loses it and then we have Brian Hoyer coming in, yikes.

They have their own first round pick, 2 seconds, and 2 third round picks in the next draft. I suspect they're preparing to move up for their QB of the future in the 2019 draft.

He has regressed so much this year it’s not even funny.

Even Dorsett deserves to be moved ahead of Hogan IMO.
We really miss Amendola, the guy along Julian has been rock solid for us when not injured.

Just been a disappointing performance this week.

One can't catch the ball or get the timing down if the ball isn't thrown to them.

Hogan is fine. He hit Butler with a double move yesterday that was a thing of beauty that would have probably went for 6... had Brady seen him. Instead the ball went to Edelman and that was the game. Hogan even screamed after the play because he knew he could have made a play.

Great job you can read an online news article...

Regardless I agree Brady and the O Line is more the problem than the WR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes