PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hogan out vs. Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, todays game just got easier because a guy who had 9 catches for 180 and 2 tds Vs this same defense is not playing today... Gotcha

No one said it is easier, but Hogan shouldn’t be the difference in win/loss is maybe worth .5 to the spread if that, so yes that comment and your load up comment are over the top.

Bet w ur head, not ur heart... Pittsburgh getting 3 at home Vs an injury riddled pats D and no hogan is smart $...perhaps Pats pull it off, but cards stacked against them bigly
Fake fan

Sucks hogan is out and game just got harder, but buffalo should lose today giving Pats AFC E, and Pats should get that 3 seed if they lose and Jacksonville wins out (which they should consider their schedule)...
But I do not doubt FOR 1 MINUTE that a HEALTHY patriots team can go into Pittsburgh and win in late January

The important thing is that they got to use him for 55 snaps last week, in a much less important game, when they had another option at WR. That's what really matters here: getting all those snaps against the Dolphins.
thumb.gif
In hindsight I’d rather have an ineffective guy out there in that game than this one. The question really is why did they leave him in so long. I am glad this week wasn’t the experiment.

Sucks hogan is out and game just got harder, but buffalo should lose today giving Pats AFC E, and Pats should get that 3 seed if they lose and Jacksonville wins out (which they should consider their schedule)...
But I do not doubt FOR 1 MINUTE that a HEALTHY patriots team can go into Pittsburgh and win in late January

Yes but it wouldn't be easy. Gotta find a way and win today.

He was not healthy for the Miami game. It was a mistake starting him, but I guess we run out of bodies to use. Dorsett should have been used, not getting a single snap is criminal. Is he that terrible that an injured Hogan was expected to perform better?

I love how fans are already calling today a loss. why even watch the game? I swear some pats fans must curl up in a ball in the dark and rock themselves side to side.

Its not like brady has a history of success against the steelers defense or anything...Or that an inept offensive team in the ravens was able to put up nearly 40 on them...doesnt matter thaat we get our #1 weapon in Gronk back...clearly not 100% hogan was the difference.

Funny qualifier afte you’ve given upon this game.

I love how fans are already calling today a loss. why even watch the game? I swear some pats fans must curl up in a ball in the dark and rock themselves side to side.
Well how many games have Tom Brady and Bill Belichick ever won without Chris Hogan?
Let’s be pragmatic. :rolleyes:

He was not healthy for the Miami game. It was a mistake starting him, but I guess we run out of bodies to use. Dorsett should have been used, not getting a single snap is criminal. Is he that terrible that an injured Hogan was expected to perform better?
He could have played all of Hogan’s snaps and the most we could have lost was 1 catch for 1 yard. I could have played in Hogan’s place and there would be no difference except I probably would have dropped that pass and we would have had 2nd and 10 instead of second and 9.

Losing Hogan sucks and as a Steelers fan it's a relief to not have to see him gashing Pitt's D for huge gains today.

But it changes nothing re/ the Steelers' biggest problem: Gronk, Burkhead, Lewis, and White in the middle of the field against Vince Williams and some awful blend of Arthur Moats/Sean Spence/L.J. Fort.

I bet he plays. Pittsburgh says this game decides the fate of the universe

FWIW, sal palantonio said that NE has been impressed with Kenny Britt in practice so far.

Also, 40% chance of rain in today’s game, which helps us.

Obviously, we are missing parts in multiple places on the team. But if I had to choose any coaching staff in the league to come up with the most competitive game plan in five days for a talent-deprived group of NFL players, I would choose Bill Belichick and his staff 10 times out of 10, no hesitation. I’m sure Belichick knew Hogan had a low chance of being available to make a difference today. Similar can be said for KVN situation. BB and staff came into this week knowing they would most likely be missing some starters and I’m sure they planned for it.

We are no where near as healthy as we could be, but needless to say I’m excited to see today’s gameplan and there is no doubt in my mind that, win or lose, we will put up a great fight.

Yes, todays game just got easier because a guy who had 9 catches for 180 and 2 tds Vs this same defense is not playing today... Gotcha

There's a difference between saying it's going to be harder and saying "game over."

How you can't understand that simple fact is beyond me.

But it changes nothing re/ the Steelers' biggest problem: Gronk, Burkhead, Lewis, and White in the middle of the field against Vince Williams and some awful blend of Arthur Moats/Sean Spence/L.J. Fort.

"I'll see your Dorsett/Allen/Britt and raise you a...." :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST