PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hogan out vs. Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, sal palantonio said that NE has been impressed with Kenny Britt in practice so far.

Also, 40% chance of rain in today’s game, which helps us.
Why would rain help us?

The Patriots will look awfully different in a possible AFCCG matchup vs the Steelers than they will today - similar to the 2004 season.

'Happy Halloween' - Was posted by a Squeeler fan as a thread going into the 2004 AFCCG on a Pittsburgh board.

The Squeelers were 15-1 and 16-1 overall going into that game. They beat the Pats badly on Halloween day in a game that looked similar to last weekend game.

I made it clear the Pats would not only win, but win big in a response. The logic was this: There were a couple of fluke plays. in the October game. Ty Law fell down blew out his knee covering Ward very early in the game. Pats stopped the bus most of the game but without Law it opened up the back. The Pats fixed the secondary. My biggest argument was their rookie QB. I knew BB would put in packages to confuse and bait him (See Rodney Harrison pick six). The rest is history.

I think the Pats gut it out today and win a close one. Having said that with the thin D I worry about Bell (both his running skills and his receiving skills). He's the player that could keep the Pats D on the filed too long keeping Tom off the field. Either way, I'm ready for some football!

I think it’s case by case. Many times they seem to hold players back longer than necessary. I suppose these decisions not making sense had a lot do with us not knowing much about the extent of the injuries and the rehab process.

No, these blown decisions are usually pretty obvious from the jump. Quick examples:

Gronk in the SB
Edelman's quick return
Dobson's quick return
Hogan last week
etc...

No, these blown decisions are usually pretty obvious from the jump. Quick examples:

Gronk in the SB
Edelman's quick return
Dobson's quick return
Hogan last week
etc...
I’m talking about making the decision not the result.
Clearly we can find instances where a player reinsured himself but there are many cases where that doesn’t happen.

I’ll disagree that Gronk should have been held out of the SB.

So am I.

Then you'll be obviously wrong.
Your argument if they should have not played Gronk in the SB?
Okay.
Clearly you just want to argue for the sake of arguing.
I’m moving on.
Enjoy the game, Go Pats!!!

I'm 'ok' with losing today. As long as we get Hogie, Van Noy and Branch back for the playoffs, and maybe lucky enough to have Britt learn the playbook well enough by then, to be an actual legit weapon. If we get all of these pieces back for the playoffs, there's no team out there that stands a chance.

I bet he plays. Pittsburgh says this game decides the fate of the universe

The guys just started JOGGING indoors earlier this week. Even if he does play, he'll be useless. In fact, the Steelers will be stupid to activate him in his current condition. He's a corner, not a WR. You can't put an injured corner as a decoy. If they put him in, our WRs will torch him. In fact, I HOPE they activate him.

I'm 'ok' with losing today. As long as we get Hogie, Van Noy and Branch back for the playoffs, and maybe lucky enough to have Britt learn the playbook well enough by then, to be an actual legit weapon. If we get all of these pieces back for the playoffs, there's no team out there that stands a chance.

I agree. I think health trumps seeding. There just comes a point when you have to manage your team and while I think you need to try to win, there are times when winning at _______ expense can be detrimental to winning the SB.

As mentioned this feels a lot like 2015 with all the injuries, which was the reason the team couldnt advance.

Since there are no guarantees i'll take a victory and home field instead.

Since there are no guarantees i'll take a victory and home field instead.

HFA does not guarantee superbowl berth. However, a healthy team on the road gives you MUCH better chances than an injured team at home. A healthy Pats team, pretty much guarantees a Superbowl berth, regardless of where the playoffs are played.

....i have a bad feeling about this game, fellas.

...we have no linebackers. hopefully, ben throws us a few interceptions!

HFA does not guarantee superbowl berth. However, a healthy team on the road gives you MUCH better chances than an injured team at home. A healthy Pats team, pretty much guarantees a Superbowl berth, regardless of where the playoffs are played.
No. If they have HFA they beat DEN in 2013 and 2015.

I'll take the afccg in Gillette over what they have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News