PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hernandez defense strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.
He won't. No weapon. No clear motive. No witnesses that will talk. There was an altercation of some sort, Lloyd came at him.... Things Get blurry after that.

Still looking at 10-15 years for weapons charges, manslaughter, tampering with evidence. Even if he takes that route he is 35-40 before he gets out. I do not think he that he will accept that. He strikes me as an all or nothing type of person. 10-15 why not take the chance of the brain injury and do the 25 to life if you lose? What another decade at that point.

Reasons why I think its his best defense;

1.) The defense team will receive nationwide recognition; it will propel their careers win or lose. They will convince him it’s the best strategy.
2.) It will shift the focus of civil litigation off of Hernandez and onto the NFL. Hernandez is wealthy but the NFL is a billion dollar business, they will go after the big bucks and fall back to Hernandez if it fails.
3.) The evidence against him would actually aid in this defense, fights with his fiancé, shooting his friend in FL, and now Lloyd all within 4 month period. Add to that the paranoid behavior; security system, guns, flop house.
4.) Jovan Belcher; his friends claimed he struggled with head injuries. I will attach link to article below
5.) Junior Seau; family filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the NFL.
6.) There are studies that link head injuries to death row inmates.
7.) Other leagues such as hockey, rugby, etc also have shown brain damage in players who had died include last year when Derek Boogaard of the New York Rangers.

‘Researcher Dominique LaPierre believes that the prefrontal cortex, an area of the brain involved in long-term planning and judgment, does not function properly in psychopathic subjects. Paleopsychologists also believe that there is some sort of malfunction in the brain of serial killers, that somehow their primitive brain overrides the "higher" brain: reason and compassion take a backseat to lust, aggression, and appetite. A study by Pavlos Hatzitaskos and colleagues reports that a large portion of death-row inmates have had severe head injuries, and that approximately 70% of brain-injured patients develop aggressive tendencies.”

Kansas City Chief Jovan Belcher may have struggled with head injuries, alcohol, and painkillers before killing his girlfriend | Mail Online

Head injury study show that 33 NFL football players had brain disease before their deaths | Mail Online

What Makes Serial Killers Tick? — Natural Born Killers II — Crime Library on truTV.com

Now just so I do not paint the wrong perception with anybody. I want to clearly state I PERSONALLY DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT BLAME Aaron Hernandez actions on a head injury. I am simply pointing out that I do believe its his best option in regards to defensive strategy based on what I’ve seen thus far.

Frontal lobe injuries do cause uncontrollable urges to rent cars

At least now we have a reasonable explanation for all of the rentals.

At this point he probably has a worth of $10-$15 mil, he mid as well spend as much as possible on his defense. He will lose anything remaining in civil proceedings, even if he is found not guilty. The burden of proof isn't nearly as much in civil cases as we've learned in the OJ case and others.

If he pleads guilty and goes straight to prison avoiding all the court drama, who gets the 10-15 mil? Need a simpler answer I guess lol...

If he pleads guilty and goes straight to prison avoiding all the court drama, who gets the 10-15 mil? Need a simpler answer I guess lol...

Only a madman would use that method, but if he really seriously pleaded guilty and waived his expensive lawyers etc--it'd likely be with an eye on setting something up for his fiancee and daughter to have. But again, pleading guilty would be a fool's decision in this instance--unless there was so much daming evidence that it wouldn't matter, but that's not the case here.

As Brady6 said, he'll lose anything he has left in the civil suits that will proceed the trial, so he'd have to get creative and try to hide the money a bit now while it's there.

One would think that his lawyers would be attempting to help him set aside something now in some fashion to help his fiancee/daughter while it's still there, although we're also assuming that there's enough there to go around for everyone and pay for the legal team which may/may not be true--but likely is.

The Lloyd family, the victim in the FL case Bradley, maybe the 2 families of the victims in the double homicide last July, the Patriots could attempt to recoup some money of his bonus.

One can only hope he put something in place for the daughter that is untouchable.

He isn't going to just to go to jail if he gave a **** about his daughter I don't think he'd of done this.

Only a madman would use that method, but if he really seriously pleaded guilty and waived his expensive lawyers etc--it'd likely be with an eye on setting something up for his fiancee and daughter to have. But again, pleading guilty would be a fool's decision in this instance--unless there was so much daming evidence that it wouldn't matter, but that's not the case here.

As Brady6 said, he'll lose anything he has left in the civil suits that will proceed the trial, so he'd have to get creative and try to hide the money a bit now while it's there.

One would think that his lawyers would be attempting to help him set aside something now in some fashion to help his fiancee/daughter while it's still there, although we're also assuming that there's enough there to go around for everyone and pay for the legal team which may/may not be true--but likely is.

He appears to be paying for Mr. Wallace's defense as well.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/05/hernandez-may-be-paying-for-wallaces-lawyer/

He isn't going to just to just go to jail if he gave a **** about his daughter I don't think he'd of done this.

Especially on Father's Day.

How many idiots come home from their Father's Day dinner with their family knowing they have a murder plan to knock off when they get home, lol?

At least now we have a reasonable explanation for all of the rentals.

Seriously; Enterprise Q3 revenue are going the worst since the Q1 of 2010.

I assume he got his first NFL paycheck around May or June 2010. Immediately rented half of Bristol, CT 2 cars each.

The Lloyd family, the victim in the FL case Bradley, maybe the 2 families of the victims in the double homicide last July, the Patriots could attempt to recoup some money of his bonus.

One can only hope he put something in place for the daughter that is untouchable.

He isn't going to just to just go to jail if he gave a **** about his daughter I don't think he'd of done this.

Okay I get it thanks for the answers.

btw That was the point I was making Supa, to set up his fiancee and daughter if possible.

Also, I don't think it's foolish for people to admit their guilty and take the punishment even if they have a decent case. Sometimes people want to pay for their harsh actions, nothing wrong with that IMO, especially if it could help their family out a little better financially. Sounds like that's not the case here.

Any jury examining how brain dead stupid that murder plot was is sure to side with a head injury defense .

Okay I get it thanks for the answers.

btw That was the point I was making Supa, to set up his fiancee and daughter if possible.

Also, I don't think it's foolish for people to admit their guilty and take the punishment even if they have a decent case. Sometimes people want to pay for their harsh actions, nothing wrong with that IMO, especially if it could help their family out a little better financially. Sounds like that's not the case here.

Oh absolutely, he should setup the kid and fiancé. But he won't that's a selfless, mature, responsible, and rational thing to do. Hernandez doesn't appear to be any of those things.

You my friend are all those things just by the fact that's your first thought is to protect and provide, that's an admirable trait.

Any jury examining how brain dead stupid that murder plot was is sure to side with a head injury defense .

Right, I mean you almost wonder if he wanted to get caught. I mean he should of just signed a jersey and left it at the murder scene.

Oh absolutely, he should setup the kid and fiancé. But he won't that's a selfless, mature, responsible, and rational thing to do. Hernandez doesn't appear to be any of those things.

You my friend are all those things just by the fact that's your first thought is to protect and provide, that's an admirable trait.

Probably just easier to speak when I'm not in someone else's shoes But thanks for the compliment...:p

"Foolish?"...that may have been poor wording on my part, but in the case of facing a life sentence and going down for murder, we're probably not going to find too many people who would agree to do the right thing (or they probably wouldn't be there in the first place).

It is good to know that I have a friend who has an admirable trait like that just in case you go up for murder at some point down the road. By the way, I have lots of student loans, so set a little something aside for me :)

"Foolish?"...that may have been poor wording on my part, but in the case of facing a life sentence and going down for murder, we're probably not going to find too many people who would agree to do the right thing (or they probably wouldn't be there in the first place).

It is good to know that I have a friend who has an admirable trait like that just in case you go up for murder at some point down the road. By the way, I have lots of student loans, so set a little something aside for me :)

lol, yeah as I noted above, easier for me to speak when I'm not in someone else's shoes. Just noting that it has it's merits...

IOW you're most likely stuck with your school loans....:D

I'll tell ya, you don't ever wanna be in my uncle Louie's shoes....someone put them on him and he's been missing for twenty years...:peep:

As pointed out in this article in the Globe Hernandez options are dwindling in terms of a defense strategy.

Options dwindling for Hernandez defense, analysts say - Metro - The Boston Globe

This article makes mention of a strategy I would not be at all shocked to see. Claims of a frontal lobe injury diminishing his impulse control among other things, it even makes mention of a head injury in a game verse the Broncos.

Aaron Hernandez questions we all want answers to - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

What do my fellow members think will be Aaron Hernandez defense?

I honestly don't care what happens to Ahern. He was involved in a heinous crime, and he's no longer a New England Patriot.

Captain Hindsight says that if he didn't want to do the time, he shouldn't have done the crime!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes