PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hernandez defense strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't read the articles so I am not sure if I am repeating anything they say, but......

I think Hernandez's best defense at this point is to try and create enough reasonable doubt to suggest that he himself wasn't the actual triggerman. That could be the difference between a sentence measured in years versus one measured in decades.

I am leaning more this way, so far there is a lot of circumstantial evidence with no weapon found we know of, and the one witness, Ortiz, is a heavy drug user who sleeps a lot(induced stupor??) Ortiz has also garnered a few charges and convictions as well. Wallace is the unknown, and he may or may not flip dependent on the charges filed against him.

They could convict him on the circumstantial evidence, but a crack legal team could create enough doubt to make it difficult..

The weapons charges alone, will probably result in significant jail time..

Wear a girdle with a built in tailbone pad at all times for the next 25 to life....:confused2:

As pointed out in this article in the Globe Hernandez options are dwindling in terms of a defense strategy.

Options dwindling for Hernandez defense, analysts say - Metro - The Boston Globe

This article makes mention of a strategy I would not be at all shocked to see. Claims of a frontal lobe injury diminishing his impulse control among other things, it even makes mention of a head injury in a game verse the Broncos.

Aaron Hernandez questions we all want answers to - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

What do my fellow members think will be Aaron Hernandez defense?

Dude you're killing me stop.:D

How much will he save in legal fees by just confessing? He still has a GF and daughter to take care of, could also give a little cash to the family of the deceased...

I'm looking at it from his perspective assuming he's guilty of course.

Good point that's the same thing I was thinking...Hernandez is like a fish out of water.:(

A history of fights? Allegedly threatening Welker with bodily harm? etc. etc.

Have you ever even played organized sports?

If you're seriously suggesting that every college athlete who gets into it with a bouncer and tells another teammate they are going to "**** them up" is liable to become a Hernandez-esque serial killer then you've basically said half of any college draft class are problem children.

Which may be your stance but it is silly.

Self Defe............I mean Self Respect. Hernandez was clearly being disrespected by Odin Lloyd and had no choice but to execute him for his ego to survive the incident. Like Florida Massachussetts has a Stand Your Ground and Don't Allow Anyone To Disrespect You law, and like George Zimmerman Hernandez should walk free after executing someone.

Yeah he'd be better off pleading guilty. The only thing he has going for him at this point is that he is only 23. So if he can see parole in 20-25 years he can be out in his mid to late 40's. He'll be broke, lonely and unemployable but he'll be free.

And a perfect candidate for the Raiders...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes