PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hernandez defense strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady6

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
As pointed out in this article in the Globe Hernandez options are dwindling in terms of a defense strategy.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...nalysts-say/KOkql59RM1X8WfG5hQ129J/story.html

This article makes mention of a strategy I would not be at all shocked to see. Claims of a frontal lobe injury diminishing his impulse control among other things, it even makes mention of a head injury in a game verse the Broncos.

http://msn.foxsports.com/topics/dev...s-to-nfl-news-fox-sports-on-msn.htm?m_n=true#

What do my fellow members think will be Aaron Hernandez defense?

As pointed out in this article in the Globe Hernandez options are dwindling in terms of a defense strategy.

Options dwindling for Hernandez defense, analysts say - Metro - The Boston Globe

This article makes mention of a strategy I would not be at all shocked to see. Claims of a frontal lobe injury diminishing his impulse control among other things, it even makes mention of a head injury in a game verse the Broncos.

http://msn.foxsports.com/topics/dev...s-to-nfl-news-fox-sports-on-msn.htm?m_n=true#

Honestly, he'll have none.

If they go that route and if they can prove he has CTE through MRI's and other imaging it's going to be a ground breaking case and could serve as a major blow to the NFL. I'm not predecting it will go that way. Just stating it could be huge if it does.

How much will he save in legal fees by just confessing? He still has a GF and daughter to take care of, could also give a little cash to the family of the deceased...

I'm looking at it from his perspective assuming he's guilty of course.

How much will he save in legal fees by just confessing? He still has a GF and daughter to take care of, could also give a little cash to the family of the deceased...

I'm looking at it from his perspective assuming he's guilty of course.

At this point he probably has a worth of $10-$15 mil, he mid as well spend as much as possible on his defense. He will lose anything remaining in civil proceedings, even if he is found not guilty. The burden of proof isn't nearly as much in civil cases as we've learned in the OJ case and others.

If they go that route and if they can prove he has CTE through MRI's and other imaging it's going to be a ground breaking case and could serve as a major blow to the NFL. I'm not predecting it will go that way. Just stating it could be huge if it does.

I honestly see it as his only option at this point. He is looking at a decade on weapons charges alone.

he will have to go the brain injury way..becasue otherwise he has NO defense...at all

I've got to give you your due props for bringing up the potential of the frontal lobe defense at least 7-10 days ago. That was an excellent call showing great insight on your part.

I didn't personally feel as though it'd amount to being much of a strategy myself, although I do remember thinking that if they get desperate enough (meaning new charges which appeared a possibility when we talked) anything was possible.

If this ends up as the only charge then I'd think that they'll go with the old "attempt to discredit the felon's testimony," along with the fact that they do not have the murder weapon in hand, and the case being based on circumstantial evidence alone.

I've got to give you your due props for bringing up the potential of the frontal lobe defense at least 7-10 days ago. That was an excellent call showing great insight on your part.

I didn't personally feel as though it'd amount to being much of a strategy myself, although I do remember thinking that if they get desperate enough (meaning new charges which appeared a possibility when we talked) anything was possible.

If this ends up as the only charge then I'd think that they'll go with the old "attempt to discredit the felon's testimony," along with the fact that they do not have the murder weapon in hand, and the case being based on circumstantial evidence alone.

It's not really something I know a lot about. My mother is a doctor and she made mention of her co-workers talking about it at lunch around the time he was initially charged.

The reason I think it's a likely situation is if Hernandez is in fact a sociopath he is going to attempt to manipulate the circumstance in a way that he walks free and clear. This is really the only possibility for that, however unlikely it is. Even if you discredit Ortiz you're still looking at 10-15 for weapons charges, and any lesser charges offered to the jurors for his participation. I cannot see a scenario where they can suppress the weapons evidence and because they took them from his home without a license it's not like the other defendants where they could argue the video footage.

At this point he probably has a worth of $10-$15 mil, he mid as well spend as much as possible on his defense. He will lose anything remaining in civil proceedings, even if he is found not guilty. The burden of proof isn't nearly as much in civil cases as we've learned in the OJ case and others.

Given the fact that he used an asset protection strategy to buy his home, it sounds like he got at least some sound financial advice.

He's probably best off just saying **** it and look into buying out the jury

Just off the top of my head...

(1) Ortiz tried to commit suicide and I failed to stop him (problem being 5 holes)
(2) I was requested to give a ride to my car less inner city bro and we were ambushed by Ortiz's drug dealing buddies and I was in shock afterwards not thinking clearly
(3) Ortiz had me listed as NIGGA DIS on his cell phone and I plead temporary insanity when I saw this diss; I remember nothing afterwards
(4) I was totally taken aback when one of the other guys in the car shot him and I was in shock afterwards and not thinking clearly as I am a suburbanite weenie unaccustomed to drug executions
(5) I do everything The Coach tells me. He said, "We really need to get rid of Lloyd". I plead duress under fear of Croation retribution.
(6) We were ambushed by Gisele's crazed Costa Rican bodyguards (remember the wedding gunshots?) who killed the wrong Lloyd for Tom Brady as we luckily escaped with our lives
(7) As a "white hispanic" (see NYT reference) I have an ethnic propensity to shoot black people

I still don't think the brain injury defense route is a good one, for two reasons:

(1) It requires Hernandez to admit that he did shoot Lloyd, and then prove that he shouldn't be held accountable.

(2) I would suspect that that route would open the door to the state introducing evidence about his past legal troubles.

On a personal note, I would hope he doesn't go down this route, because it would also increase the likelihood of Patriots players getting dragged into court.

Given the fact that he used an asset protection strategy to buy his home, it sounds like he got at least some sound financial advice.

Yeah but he might of spent the rest of his money on guns and rental cars.

(2) I would suspect that that route would open the door to the state introducing evidence about his past legal troubles.

He doesn't really have any prior bad acts that would be admissible. At this time anyway. And if they use that hit in the Broncos playoff game as the cause that was actually prior to the 2012 double homicide.

He doesn't really have any prior bad acts that would be admissible. At this time anyway. And if they use that hit in the Broncos playoff game as the cause that was actually prior to the 2012 double homicide.

A history of fights? Allegedly threatening Welker with bodily harm? etc. etc.

Options dwindling for Hernandez defense, analysts say - Metro - The Boston Globe

Aaron Hernandez questions we all want answers to - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

Frontal lobe injuries do cause uncontrollable urges to rent cars

I still don't think the brain injury defense route is a good one, for two reasons:

(1) It requires Hernandez to admit that he did shoot Lloyd, and then prove that he shouldn't be held accountable.

On a personal note, I would hope he doesn't go down this route, because it would also increase the likelihood of Patriots players getting dragged into court.

He won't. No weapon. No clear motive. No witnesses that will talk. There was an altercation of some sort, Lloyd came at him.... Things Get blurry after that.

A history of fights? Allegedly threatening Welker with bodily harm? etc. etc.

Its all hearsay, nothing documented, no convictions. The defense can likely put together double the amount of character witnesses to say the complete opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes