Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you want to see Josh McDaniels become Green Bay's HC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't like McCarthy and he deserves to be fired, but sounds like Rodgers has become LeBron. I'm not sure he wants to be coached or perhaps just doesn't respect McCarthy. Bit of a risky job, McDaniels could blossom there but things could also go very badly.

How can this be both expected and unexpected is really interesting...

McCarthy has been there long enough (12 years) that he deserved a better fate than being fired in season. Yes he had to go but Black Monday certainly would have been more appropriate.

As to the poll, Ray Lewis killed a Guy (probably two)

They need to lose those stupid uniforms. The color is stupid

Rodgers goes up against a bad team, completes 31 of 50, and gets only 233 passing yards and 17 points out of it. How the hell is that on the Coach?

Who do the Packers hire as HC?

The timing is what it is but I don’t think it is fair to categorize it fired *for losing to Cardinals*. He’s fired because they’re out of playoff contention - however, I’d agree that after a decade-plus it’s debatable what’s to be gained by the in-season vs Black Monday release, other that satisfying AR ego (maybe), or perhaps he’s truly lost the whole team beyond that. We don’t know. This probably should have happened a couple years ago, but they were just successful enough that it didn’t.

Meanwhile Marvin Lewis rolls on...

Rodgers goes up against a bad team, completes 31 of 50, and gets only 233 passing yards and 17 points out of it. How the hell is that on the Coach?
When the Pats lose, Brady is done. When the Pats wins, Belichick is the GOAT.

When the Packers lose, the defense sucks, the coaches suck, the blocking sucks, the WR suck. When the Packers beat a behemoth like the Jimmy-less 49ers, Rodgers is incredible, amazing, 13-time-Super Bowl-champ-had-he-played-for-Belichick.

Poor McCarthy, he lives and dies on how his qb plays.

At the end of the day Ted Thompson never looked so good as a GM.

When the Pats lose, Brady is done. When the Pats wins, Belichick is the GOAT.

When the Packers lose, the defense sucks, the coaches suck, the blocking sucks, the WR suck. When the Packers beat a behemoth like the Jimmy-less 49ers, Rodgers is incredible, amazing, 13-time-Super Bowl-champ-had-he-played-for-Belichick.

I'm not defending McCarthy, though people have been unfairly attacking him for a couple of years. But how the hell does Aaron Rodgers, of all QBs, complete 31 passes against a bad team, and end up with 233 yards? Rodgers is the king of the broken play bomb and/or deep out, so how is it McCarthy's fault that Rodgers did not accomplish that enough against the Cardinals?

If the new GM of the Packers can't figure out the answer to the Rodgers problem (and there is a problem there), the Packers are going to end up imploding, either this year or next.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
Rodgers guarantees win to get into the playoff, doesn't get it, coach gets fired.
He didn't though, not this time. The press were kinda goading him. And sure enough the mediots manipulated what he said. He said 7 losses probably won't do it but they need to win "this game, that game, etc"

How can this be both expected and unexpected is really interesting...
Expected because it's a sane move. Unexpected for exactly the same reason

Would like to see Mcdnaiels come out and say he's staying in New England.
I would take Mike McCarthy in New England
As OC

Poor McCarthy, he lives and dies on how his qb plays.

At the end of the day Ted Thompson never looked so good as a GM.
What coach doesn't?

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back