PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Harrison: Kelce better TE than Gronk right now

I'll stick with the guy who comes up big in the biggest moments. Remember that AFCCG in Denver a few years ago, we lost for one damn extra point, all we had in that game was Brady and Gronk, that catch in the end on the 4th down was fantastic.
Holy **** that fourth down conversion in Denver was insane. It sucks that it was all for naught at the very end but damn.

Imagine if Kelce operated in an offense that treated the TE position as a primary target

Is everyone completely dumbed down? Is the water spiked with LSD across the US?

Gronkowski BLOCKS with the best of them. Kelce doesn’t. This isn’t even a question. Is Kelce a better receiver than Gronk? Perhaps, but who gives a crap? They’re tight ends, and their blocking skills are involved in way more plays than their receiving skills. Kelce is about half the player Gronk is overall.

Sorry that America is wasteland of intellectual decay and groupthink.

Gronk doesn't look as quick as he used to. All the injuries have to be piling up.

I can't comment on who's better since I haven't really paid attention to Kelce.

Some of the commentary seems to be he is on the field more, which makes him better. Not exactly earth-shaking, as you cannot be better from the bench.

I don't view Gronk as lesser, just, as some have noted, he is the only guy on the offense for much of this season who needs defending. Kelce is not the lone weapon.

I thought Kelce was more of a blocker than Graham, but nowhere near Gronk's blocking. As a receiver, with all being equal in terms of weapons on the field, I don't think he is better than Gronk.

I’m loving this. I’m sure BB and Tom are as well. Let the national media and everyone else out there doubt the big man. Piss him off! I haven’t seen someone thrown out tha club, or body slammed in a while. I have a sneaky feeling that Rodney is doing BB a favor here. ;)

Interesting because I was quite sure that last week on his NBC radio show "The Safety Blitz" Rodney said they were comparable receivers but Gronk is a better blocker.

Gronk looks slow to my eye

Might just be the ankle, maybe he has lost a step. Don’t really care if Kelce is the slightly better option in the passing game. Gronk is still plenty effective and should only improve as the rest of our offense begins to take form

Gronk hasn't seemed himself but I have mostly chalked it up to his ankle or receiving extra defensive attention while he had a weak supporting cast the first several weeks.

I'd also be interested to know.

It might have to do with having 4-5 guys hanging on him every play. Does that happen to Kelce?

It feels like we’ve had this discussion before.

A lot of people are going to look silly when Gronk goes on a tear very soon. He has been easing into the season and turning it on in the second half for years now. His route tree is opened up as the games become bigger (notice he doesn’t even line up wide for injury risk reasons, unless it’s a critical or postseason game.). We also know he has an ankle injury.

The guy just played perhaps the most dominant Super Bowl from a tight end eight months ago.

Let’s declare Kelce as the better player. The Chiefs offense’s stock is at an all-time low and the Patriots offense at a low. It’s been a whole 5 games.

Typical short-sighted, “what have you done lately” crap.

If you're trying to win a fantasy football game, you go with Kelce (or about 15 other TEs)

If you're trying to win an NFL game, you go with Gronk every time

If you're trying to win a fantasy football game, you go with Kelce (or about 15 other TEs)

Do you play fantasy football, because... this isn't correct

In that I mean there are literally like three tight ends worth noting in the entire league, not 15, and Gronk has also always been a better fantasy football player than Kelce until, like, the last 4 games.

Do you play fantasy football, because... this isn't correct

Yes I do play fantasy football, and its 100% correct because I drafted Gronk in the 3rd round for the first time ever and I have lost 2 games now 6 weeks into the season because I played him over my backup (last week was Ebron)

He has been torturing me outside of week 1

But if i was coaching a real NFL football team, there is no other TE in the history of the NFL i would rather have.

I also think that Gronk is going to turn it around in fantasy, he's always been top 3 in scoring when healthy but he just can't find the endzone this year or get bulk yardage. Teams are doing double bracket coverage and other things on him a lot, which should be more diffiuclt now that Edelman is back and Gordon is starting to acclimate more

edit; FYI I play in standard scoring, not PPR.

15? Cmon now there’s really only 2 that I would consider starting over Gronk right now (Kelce, ertz).

And Ebrons game last week had to be his highest fantasy scoring game of his career. Unless Gronk is on a pitch count I’m playing him over ebron all the time.

Oh looks like he moved up in rank quite a bit with his 75 yard game against the Colts

He wasn't in top 10 last week, now he's ranked 7th

He's usually been the GOAT NFL and Fantasy TE when healthy, this year he's just been average in the Fantasy World. It only stings because of the draft position used to get him relative to his production, and I'm going to continue to start him because he'll eventually get back to form where he's putting up games like he did against Houston every single week

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back