PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gunner to IR (to make room for Wynn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To think we could've kept DT instead of this kid, what a waste. Team could use DT right about now.

Thomas didn't lose a roster spot to Gunner any more than he lost a spot to Matthew Slater.

To think we could've kept DT instead of this kid, what a waste. Team could use DT right about now.
DT can't return punts. BB chose not to use JE for them.

and if you think DT is a red zone threat he has a big fat goose egg for TDs this year.

So its now 5 WRs JE, Harry, Sanu, Dorsett (head) Meyers as the WRs

and in Cannon, Cunningham, Shaq, Wynn, Ferentz, Karras, Thuney, Newhouse and Eluebla-bla 9 OLs.

Imagine if we lose Edelman with this lot:rolleyes: Brady may as well retire how did we even get here??:confused:

Not thrilled with his roster manipulation, particularly at WR, this year. Let's see how it works out...

Gunner is as much WR as Slater. Except he has been inactive for a bit now. Not really sure what about this move specifically is an issue for you ?

Would've been cool to have done this 10 weeks ago instead of trading Demaryius.

Loved the kids grit. Hope he gets a chance to compete next year, even if he doesn't ultimately make it. Heal well Gunner!

Imagine if we lose Edelman with this lot:rolleyes: Brady may as well retire how did we even get here??:confused:
If JE goes down any chance of winning the SB is over.

DT can't return punts. BB chose not to use JE for them.

and if you think DT is a red zone threat he has a big fat goose egg for TDs this year.
Sure, because he's catching passes from Darnold. He's got a 63% reception at 12.5 yards per. I think he would've done much better with Brady as QB. Other players could've returned punts just like now.

Gunner is as much WR as Slater. Except he has been inactive for a bit now. Not really sure what about this move specifically is an issue for you ?

It's not this move but a few others like trading/releasing Thomas and Gordon. Still think they would help right now. Of course that's not going to fix the o-line, which is the biggest problem. But the depth at WR would help.

Sure, because he's catching passes from Darnold. He's got a 63% reception at 12.5 yards per. I think he would've done much better with Brady as QB. Other players could've returned punts just like now.
...and I'll go back to NE needing a punt returner.

We are talking about DT as a WR4/5 here. WR4/5 need to play STs. Full stop.

Thats what I'm wondering.

They aren't going to need 9 OLs.
Would the team be better served bringing Newhouse out in jumbo sets instead of using LaCosse and/or Izzo? Sophie’s choice part deux?

The Homers would disagree because Brady can make chicken salad out of chicken $h!t.:rolleyes:
He can but the man can't make wine out of blood.

He has his limits :p

It's not this move but a few others like trading/releasing Thomas and Gordon. Still think they would help right now. Of course that's not going to fix the o-line, which is the biggest problem. But the depth at WR would help.

Do you think Gordon or DT would have been resigned this offseason ?

Gunner is an all pro compared to what the Chargers have. Lol.

Would the team be better served bringing Newhouse out in jumbo sets instead of using LaCosse and/or Izzo? Sophie’s choice part deux?

I get that he has been injured the entire season so far which is a disappointment but why is everyone so down on LaCosse.

Like if its availability i get it but i am not sure we have had a big enough sample size yet to judge him just based on ability.

Hell, why not try Roberts, Van Noy, Winovich, or Hightower at TE at the goal line? We're already trying Roberts at FB, and Vrabel made some bones doing that in Dynasty 1.0. Given we typically only have 2 TE's healthy for any given game, I don't see the harm in trying, eh?

Gunner may legitimately be injured. Hence the reason he didn't return punts the last few weeks
Oh I think he is hurt and not a case of the Foxboro Flu.

My point is they are now down to 5 WRs but w/ Dorsett hurt are now down to 4.

I wonder if there is another move coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes