PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronkowski committed to 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take it the meeting did not start with Bill saying “Would you like a Coke or a glass of tea?”.

In other equally shocking news with an equally shocking outcome: this very minute the sun just set in the west. More details to follow...

Late to the party as usual...kind of find it interesting that both Brady and Gronk left it late to publicly declare their return....kinda interesting....either way, great news

Lots of thoughts going through my mind with this. I was in the “ok with trading him crew”, because I didn’t like the way he was acting out. Sue me, I’m old and old school. Thoughts:

1) I wonder if Belichick would STILL trade Gronk. I wonder if he told him, “If you want to leave, nobody will trade for you if they don’t know if you’re playing.” Gronk’s trade value is much higher now, now that he commit. I don’t think it’ll happen, but wouldn’t shock me if that happened.

2) If he hadn’t commit, and the Pats traded him, I think they would’ve gone after a very talented TE early in the draft (no later than 2nd round). Now I’m not sure they will even draft a TE.

3) My other thought process was, say you traded Gronk, your worst return MIGHT’VE been a 2nd round pick, probably a 1st round pick. I think Mike Gesicki or Dallas Goedert would’ve been animals in this offense. Now we will probably never know. Obviously they wouldn’t have been as great as Gronk, but they sure would’ve been the second best receiving TE we’ve had since Gronk. Maybe as good as he who shall not be named, who was pretty damned good.

4) I really worry about the injury factor with Gronk. Sure he was really special last year (Great SB), but those injuries have really started to pile up, probably why he was thinking about retirement. Not drafting that top tier TE, could be a huge negative. Let’s face it, Gronk probably retires after THIS season (if we win it all again), or after the 2019 season (last year of contract I believe). Also, worrying about him missing games, and not having a similar type TE weapon is a day to day reality for Pat’s fans.

All that being said, I love me some Gronk (have a Gronk Jersey), I hope he never leaves, and hope he retires a Patriot.

Gronk has always played hard and worked hard, throwing the switch from one to the other as the job demands. I expect the switch to flip back soon.

FearlessIndolentGoldfish-max-1mb.gif

There was nothing serious about the press conference, other than the serious insanity of anyone who cared about it from a football point of view.
Nothing from nothing leaves...a Gronking to remember.

I still say draft a quality TE. I love Gronk. But he needs some young’n breathing down his neck to ground him a bit. Plus getting a full season out of him is not a sure thing

You're D-E-A-D....DEAD

STFU or we'll have you disinterred and shoved in a wood chipper

Hey Joker. How are ya!?
Gronk, the often injured, ass clown, motor cross rider, unfocused used to be, should be traded on draft day for picks.
You see my life doesn’t revolve any player or team.
How many of you in here have those tacky team logos all over your vehicles?
Lol.

Hey Joker. How are ya!?
Gronk, the often injured, ass clown, motor cross rider, unfocused used to be, should be traded on draft day for picks.
You see my life doesn’t revolve any player or team.
How many of you in here have those tacky team logos all over your vehicles?
Lol.
50 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes