PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronkowski committed to 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you go from openly mocking the Pats on Saturday to being committed on Tuesday??

I love Gronk's game, but he is turning into a drama queen with all of his cryptic messages on social media.. crap or get off the pot.

How do you go from openly mocking the Pats on Saturday to being committed on Tuesday??

I love Gronk's game, but he is turning into a drama queen with all of his cryptic messages on social media.. crap or get off the pot.

I think he was told he was getting traded (Somewhere he wouldn't want to) and had a change of tune

Terrible news, two of the greatest players in the history of football are committing themselves to playing. Definitely something to be miserable and negative about. Good to see that we have so many who are up to that challenge.

Because Belichick is the Godfather and made him a offer he couldnt refuse

Because Belichick is the Godfather and made him a offer he couldnt refuse
I made a joke of the meeting earlier but I truly believe that was the nature of the conversation. Bill wanted to cut through the BS and talk turkey with Gronk. An adult like Rosenhaus was required to be in the room to have that discussion. Bill wanted to know if Gronk was going to play. He wanted to get a feel if he was committed to the program. He wanted to know if he was going to sulk about his contract. Bill very well could have come right out and asked if he wanted to be traded.

It's great that Gronk tweeted his intention to play in 2018 for the NEP but I'd venture to say if Bill left that meeting with doubts, Gronk better have REMAX on speedial.

I made a joke of the meeting earlier but I truly believe that was the nature of the conversation. Bill wanted to cut through the BS and talk turkey with Gronk. An adult like Rosenhaus was required to be in the room to have that discussion. Bill wanted to know if Gronk was going to play. He wanted to get a feel if he was committed to the program. He wanted to know if he was going to sulk about his contract. Bill very well could have come right out and asked if he wanted to be traded.

It's great that Gronk tweeted his intention to play in 2018 for the NEP but I'd venture to say if Bill left that meeting with doubts, Gronk better have REMAX on speedial.

I doubt Gronk wants to be traded. He seems to like it here given the fact that he's always done the right things (except in his own way) to be ready to play in his time here. Gronk just wants to be the highest paid TE in the game. Given that he's without a doubt the biggest match-up nightmare in the game today (and arguably one of the biggest match-up nightmares in NFL history), that's understandable. I have a feeling that the two sides will eventually work something out.

I doubt Gronk wants to be traded. He seems to like it here given the fact that he's always done the right things (except in his own way) to be ready to play in his time here. Gronk just wants to be the highest paid TE in the game. Given that he's without a doubt the biggest match-up nightmare in the game today (and arguably one of the biggest match-up nightmares in NFL history), that's understandable. I have a feeling that the two sides will eventually work something out.
Agree. I don't think Gronk wants to be traded either. I do think he had some grivences to air and needed Rosenhaus in the room to ensure nothing was lost in translation. Contract. Training regimen, etc.

My post was about people taking the P.C. seriously, as Gronk was clearly just messing around, not about Gronk being Gronk and then having a sit down with BB, so I really don't care about your take as to why a meeting happened, whether you might actually be right about it or not.

No offense, but it's a separate issue.

Watch Currans periscope if you believe it was no big deal.

Gronk was making a mockery of the franchise. Things were approaching a T.O. like circus when he had ESPN camped out at his house and Eagles fans playing hoops in the driveway. The Pats do not like drama and for contract negotiations to play out via the media who thrive on this stuff. BB doesnt want to be asked 100 times if Gronk is playing in 2018.

This was BB putting an end to Gronks stupid Charlie Sheen shenanigans.

BB eased up on LT!?
B.B. did what he was told to do by Parcells.
Now back to the infantile idiot that used to be a pretty good TE.
Running back to Gillette today with his tail between his legs was damage control.
Screw him. Nobody is bigger than the game or B.B.
Gronks days are numbered.
Well earned in my humblest of opinions of course.

Seriously, why are you bothering with our poor, Super Bowl contending team? Don't the Jets have a truckload of hopeless QBs to look at and free agents to replace all the overpaid busts you had to cut?

This isn't Patstrolls.com

Watch Currans periscope if you believe it was no big deal.

Gronk was making a mockery of the franchise. Things were approaching a T.O. like circus when he had ESPN camped out at his house and Eagles fans playing hoops in the driveway. The Pats do not like drama and for contract negotiations to play out via the media who thrive on this stuff. BB doesnt want to be asked 100 times if Gronk is playing in 2018.

This was BB putting an end to Gronks stupid Charlie Sheen shenanigans.

BB's Having his boat cleaned and tuned.

“Look at me look at me” Well it looks like B.B. was watching and didn’t like what he saw.
Nobody did. Hopefully “the meeting”yesterday consisted of a few catch phrases like “grow up already, you’re a grown man”.
Enough of the antics and get back to football.

The height of irony: "...grow up already, you're a grown man." from the juvenile troll who authored some of the most childish drivel ever posted on this, or any other, forum in the history of the internet. Hypocrite...

I think he was told he was getting traded (Somewhere he wouldn't want to) and had a change of tune
Or probably told that he wasnt going to get a raise and he is free to not play or retire and we will find someone in the draft.

Actually doubtful. He declared a commitment to play with the Patriots in 2018, not any other team. If he gets traded to Cleveland he could easily retire and refuse to report. Since he's not breaking his word in that case.

Whatever the media circus has been surrounding Gronk, I still love the big lug, and I'm glad he's returning to play for us because quite frankly he makes us a much more competitive team on the field when healthy.

I'm sure BB and Gronk and his agent had the brass tacks conversation. If they didn't think something could be worked out, Gronk would not have made the announcement that he did.

Did Gronk commit to returning to prevent a trade?

"Gronkowski still could be traded, in theory. And now that he has declared a commitment to playing in 2018, maybe it will be easier to pull it off."

I can totally see this happening.

Trade him, give him a pay raise.. either way can't wait for this theater to be over.

He is one unfortunate hit to his back or awkward landing away from retirement anyway. If you can cash in on a trade then so be it..

I think he knew he messed up so he met w belichick to smooth it over. After that interview I was thinking he could get traded. Hopefully he doesn't.

Did Gronk commit to returning to prevent a trade?

"Gronkowski still could be traded, in theory. And now that he has declared a commitment to playing in 2018, maybe it will be easier to pull it off."

I can totally see this happening.
AFC East Rumors: Bills, Dolphins, Patriots | NFLTradeRumors.co

Interesting timing on this admission. Why does Rob Gronkowski come out and profess his desire to play the 2018 season for the Patriots, after flirting with not playing, or semi-taunting the Patriots? I have a theory. It’s just a theory. What if Gronkowski found out the Patriots weren’t going to fall all over themselves to beg him to come back for one more year, and what if they told him they needed to know his intentions about playing before this draft, or they could not guarantee what they would do with him in 2018? Look at Bill Belichick’s history. If he could get a 2018 or 2019 second-round pick for a player who has a year or two left, he’s shown he’s not above dealing anyone. I don’t know what was behind the rapprochement, but Belichick has shown he can kick Lawyer Milloy to the curb, and send Richard Seymour and Logan Mankins and Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins packing. It’s an interesting story, and I don’t know that we’ll ever know all of it.”

Last edited:
Trade him, give him a pay raise.. either way can't wait for this theater to be over.

He is one unfortunate hit to his back or awkward landing away from retirement anyway. If you can cash in on a trade then so be it..
The trade coukd benefit the future, but I think it would drastically reduce our odds of winning another SB during the small window of time that Brady is still here. Gronk is that much of an impact player. I would be genuinely pissed to see him swapped for a second rounder, especially during an offseason that saw us trade our speedy deep threat and franchise LT. Gronk could help to offset both of those losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes