PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronkowski committed to 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he knew he messed up so he met w belichick to smooth it over. After that interview I was thinking he could get traded. Hopefully he doesn't.

Also think BB explained a few facts of life to Gronk in the presence of Rosenhaus so he could obtain some clarity of thought, i.e. if he did not commit he might be traded to some second rate team where he will finish his career wealthy but insignificant.. there may have been an offer on the table for Gronk that the Pats liked.

Gronk also knew that his public image and his marketing was going to take a hit, as his foolish shenanigans at Gillette last weekend did not sit well with the media and with many fans...

"No one player is bigger than the team"...

I think he knew he messed up so he met w belichick to smooth it over. After that interview I was thinking he could get traded. Hopefully he doesn't.
I think Gronk is reasonably intelligent but was somewhat clueless to the whole thing. Bill and Drew have a good relationship and I bet it was he who smoothed things over with Bill as he saw where this was heading

I think Gronk is reasonably intelligent but was somewhat clueless to the whole thing. Bill and Drew have a good relationship and I bet it was he who smoothed things over with Bill as he saw where this was heading
I agree with you that Gronk is a pretty bright guy, in fact far smarter than many give him credit for. But, I think he got somewhat tone-deaf on this issue. I believe he was emboldened to keep ratcheting up the retirement stuff by a combination of poor advice from wrestling/Hollywood/ motor sports people and a lack of reaction from BB and the Patriots to his nonsense. It reminded me of a kid who keeps pushing the limits of adult authority until a line is crossed, and that line was crossed Saturday at the Gillette podium. I firmly believe after that performance Bill said to himself something to the effect of, "OK, enough of this BS." Just my opinion.

I agree with you that Gronk is a pretty bright guy, in fact far smarter than many give him credit for. But, I think he got somewhat tone-deaf on this issue. I believe he was emboldened to keep ratcheting up the retirement stuff by a combination of poor advice from wrestling/Hollywood/ motor sports people and a lack of reaction from BB and the Patriots to his nonsense. It reminded me of a kid who keeps pushing the limits of adult authority until a line is crossed, and that line was crossed Saturday at the Gillette podium. I firmly believe after that performance Bill said to himself something to the effect of, "OK, enough of this BS." Just my opinion.
I tend to agree. I totally see something like this playing out

BB- " Drew. It's Bill. I need to know what's going on in Gronk's head.".
Drew- "So we pushed our agenda a little too far?".
BB- "Yes. If you want more money, I can make that happen. Just not here and certainly not like this.".
Drew- "We'll be there tomorrow.".

Got his little dig in about pliability tho.

12 to tie for second depending on whether Gates adds to his tally. Gronk has got there twice in his career and just missed out three times. Not impossible.

12 to tie for second depending on whether Gates adds to his tally. Gronk has got there twice in his career and just missed out three times. Not impossible.

37 to tie. 3 more years for both?

37 to tie. 3 more years for both?

Will have to stay injury free. If both Brady and Gronk target that record and are here for the next three years I won't complain without any melodrama please.

Will have to stay injury free. If both Brady and Gronk target that record and are here for the next three years I won't complain without any melodrama please.
I don’t care about the paparazzi created drama.
It’s about what happens on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back