PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk trade completed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put aside the meth. Tampa Bay is at zero risk of being any worse than 10-6. 10-6 would be a disappointment too.
I agree. Honestly, TB’s run D was elite last year. They just need to shore up the secondary/OL and they’re as good a bet to be right in the thick of things in January. But people don’t want to admit that because they’re oh so emotional.

Brady and Gronk are gone bye-bye! Get over it!

Come on, man. Boston sports fans are super loyal as they trash a 6-time Super Bowl-winning QB as he spends his last two years elsewhere in part because the coach wanted to move on. Everyone knows that.

upload_2020-4-21_20-25-16.gif

I’m amazed they got what they did for him. Blocking aside, he’s not worth anything like that now.
And given the weight that he's lost, it's not clear that he would be the same dominating blocker. I also doubt that he would be willing to bulk up to his former playing weight.

Not really. Brady and Gronk went to Florida to play “retirement football.” We’ll see how well they fare.

Brady is looking to play "retirement football"?

Don't let the cops find out what you're taking.

Loyal... LMAO. Boston sports fans are some of the most fickle fans on the planet. You're also not loyal if you're automatically spiteful to a guy whose arm won your team 6 Lombardi trophies because he decided to move on for two years of his life.
Again, it's not that deep...

I also haven't seen anybody wish any ill-will against Tom. The poster in question was wishing the Bucs lose every game. That is fan behavior (look up the definition of fan), whether you agree with the sentiment or not. Fans say things based on emotion. Does not make him any less loyal than you or anybody else.

For argument sake, I'd say the loyalty is a two-way street. Yeah, some fans might be a little more spiteful to a player who they feel were no longer loyal to the franchise. You, nor anybody on this forum, truly knows how Brady's departure was handled behind the scenes. If you're a diehard fan of the TEAM and you feel upset and become spiteful that a player left through his own will, that's quite literally the behavior of a fan. You might say things that are a bit over the top (i hope the greener pasture he left for ends up being crap and they lose every game). I haven't seen anybody say anything truly nasty about Brady or not being appreciative of the past 20 years.

For the record, I'm not part of that contingent above. I seem to be in the minority that holds no ill-will towards BB or Brady. I think after 20 years, it was time to move on. Tom wanted the ability to choose where he played in his last few years (see his demand of removing Franchise Tag provision in last year's contract, which would have made him a Top 5 paid QB through his age 43 season) and BB was not willing to make a multi-year commitment. They both made positive public statements about each other and they've moved on. Time will tell if it was the right decision (and I don't think that time is after this season, more likely 3 years down the road).

But your comment about fans not being loyal bc they hope Tom's new team loses is short-sighted.

For real though - not sure if anyone else noticed this but in his last conference call Belichick referred to Stidham as "Stid". I thought that was interesting that he was using a nickname for him.

Yes I know Skip Bayless also made a big deal out of this, I don't think it's monumental but I do think it is noteworthy. I can't recall Bill ever calling Tom "Tommy" or any other nickname.

Tom is the nickname, though.

Allen sucks huge ass. Defensive game and we have the better QB.

Miami is the threat.

Mono boy is done.

The division is fluid. Hell, the Patriots could end as the worst team in the division.

Loyal... LMAO. Boston sports fans are some of the most fickle fans on the planet. You're also not loyal if you're automatically spiteful to a guy whose arm won your team 6 Lombardi trophies because he decided to move on for two years of his life.

Treated Tito like a POS

It he’s terrible cause he skipped OTA

English, mother****er, do you speak it? My post was in a joking manner considering the context. I’m not sure why I have to explain myself to someone as dumb as you.

Tom has sliced up legit teams with smelly garbage at receiver, while negating **** defenses we've had. This go around he has Mike Evans and Godwin. As you said the Bucs will go 3-1 against that group.

In packs? A lot of the players signed for bigger money which was predictable, and they weren’t stars. Which other star players are walking away?
Basically every free agent we’ve had has left over the past 3 off seasons. You can blame it on money but it’s not all about that, look at the Allen and Shelton deals, basically the same cost and Shelton is a much better player. It is obvious that players are no longer fond of playing on a BB coached team, not like they used. We can’t even come to terms with Joe Thuney.

I think Belichick gets a pass on a lot of things because of what he has done in the past, which I find to be ironically hilarious because there isn’t anyone I can think of who has more a what have you done for me lately approach than Belichick.

As far as I’m concerned if we have losing season in 2020 Belichick should be fired, i am just being a fan the same way he coaches. You’re only as good as your current performance.

I’ll ballwash.

He was the SB winning coach 1.5 years ago and he went 12-4 in his « worst season in years ». Love BB.

Give Andy Reid the GOAT and the goat taking discounts year in year out see how his legacy changes

Basically every free agent we’ve had has left over the past 3 off seasons. You can blame it on money but it’s not all about that, look at the Allen and Shelton deals, basically the same cost and Shelton is a much better player. It is obvious that players are no longer fond of playing on a BB coached team, not like they used. We can’t even come to terms with Joe Thuney.

I think Belichick gets a pass on a lot of things because of what he has done in the past, which I find to be ironically hilarious because there isn’t anyone I can think of who has more a what have you done for me lately approach than Belichick.

As far as I’m concerned if we have losing season in 2020 Belichick should be fired, i am just being a fan the same way he coaches. You’re only as good as your current performance.

Wait, Shelton is a star? I’m just going by your words. You said stars are leaving in packs which is simply not true. McCourty is arguably a star and he re-signed for two years.

Come on, man. Boston sports fans are super loyal as they trash a 6-time Super Bowl-winning QB as he spends his last two years elsewhere in part because the coach wanted to move on. Everyone knows that.
Yes, Kontra, the entirety of Pats nation is coming out in droves bashing Brady at every turn. I think I even saw a poster recently call the TB12 method "lacking in science." These people are sick, fickle, ungrateful bastards.

You're on a roll.

Many Boston sports fans, Patriots ones in particular, are incredibly entitled and think that any player who leaves either sucks or will fail elsewhere. Local sports radio guys are a pain in the ass but they aren't wrong about the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes