PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great news: Chiefs Vegas Favorites for next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Mahomes. I like Reid.

But at this point I officially hate the Chiefs.

I think it's the overwhelming thirst of the media to praise Mahomes as the next big thing and declare Brady done, for the Chiefs to "take over' the Patriots is just nauseating. Especially after going 2-0 against them this year, both here and there.

I like Mahomes. I like Reid.

But at this point I officially hate the Chiefs.

I think it's the overwhelming thirst of the media to praise Mahomes as the next big thing and declare Brady done, for the Chiefs to "take over' the Patriots is just nauseating. Especially after going 2-0 against them this year, both here and there.

The Patriots beat the Chiefs twice this season, both home and on the road. The Rams also beat the Chiefs this season.

After last night's Super Bowl, Chiefs fans were pissing and moaning because they were sure that their team was the best in the NFL, and should have won the SB.

The Patriots beat the Chiefs twice this season, both home and on the road. The Rams also beat the Chiefs this season.

After last night's Super Bowl, Chiefs fans were pissing and moaning because they were sure that their team was the best in the NFL, and should have won the SB.

How did I know they would feel that way?
Very irrational fanbase there.

Let FA transpire first to see how many players KC will end up losing/keeping, before we declare anyone favorite.

I swear to god half this board just frantically refreshes Twitter waiting for something to feel sleighted by.

lol....the chiefs

sammy watkins - 19.5M cap hit, 22M hit to cut him
eric berry - 16.5M cap hit, 14.5M to cut him
anthony hitchens - 10.5M cap hit, 22M to cut him

they have over 30M tied up in 4 OL

bailey and ford are free agents.
they will be backing up the truck for hill by end of next year
they will be back up the truck for mahomes the year after

With Gronk and the McCourty twins not being a sure thing, I’d have to give the edge to KC right now...

Wasn’t Wentz supposed to be the next special QB? I seem to remember the blather from a couple seasons ago.

You have to give it more time.
Yup, it is difficult to predict injuries.

I think the Pats exposed Mahomes, take away his option and pressure him and he can’t get rid of the ball fast enough.
I think the Broncos might have a rebound year in that division next year.

Teams were trying to figure out how to stop him all season and they finally figured them out.

Exactly. Mahomes’ game is predicated upon guys that can get open versus mediocre defenses and broken plays. He will ve a very good player for as long as he stays healthy (I have my doubts on that) but they will regress next year. They have a lot of cap issues and Mahomes is about to get paid. That thing is going to go boom within 2 years.

Mahomes was the only quarterback to truly challenge Flores/Belichick in January

If we fail to make SB LIV it’ll probably be because of weaknesses in other areas like defense and line play. Or maybe New England manages to create a superteam but it’s hard to know this early before roster changes

Either way the Chiefs are going to be “media darlings” this year.

Exactly. Mahomes’ game is predicated upon guys that can get open versus mediocre defenses and broken plays. He will ve a very good player for as long as he stays healthy (I have my doubts on that) but they will regress next year. They have a lot of cap issues and Mahomes is about to get paid. That thing is going to go boom within 2 years.

They’ll be good for a long time, but they are going to have to deal with cap issues like everyone else. There window is now, need to knock their draft out of the park, identify players for their defense that work. Then soon, evaluate and see who they are going to be able to walk and who they can afford to keep. Mahomes will get paid, if Hill has another season like he just had he will be looking for that OBJ payday. Atleast they don’t have to worry about Hunt.

Good young franchise they got there. We’ll see how long the Pats can hold them off.

Super Bowl 2020 odds: Patriots make top-five list of best value picks but don't check in at No. 1

I love the smell of the disrespect card in the morning, it smells like a 7th SB.

KC 6/1
LAR, NO, NE 8/1
LAC, Chi, Pit 14/1
Min, GB, Dal 16/1
Phi, Bal, Ind, Cle, Hou 20/1
Sea 30/1
Atl, Jax, NYG 40/1
SF 50/1
Car, Ten, Den 60/1
TB, NYJ 80/1
Wsh, Det, Buf, Cin, Oak, Ari 100/1
Mia 300/1

The Rams are going to have big salary cap issues this offseason. 8/1 looks overly optimistic.

The Rams are going to have big salary cap issues this offseason. 8/1 looks overly optimistic.

Agreed, paying a defensive player that much money is suicide. He’s been electric and awesome at the rarest position of the field that can dominate.

Honestly and crazy as this sounds I’d probably let Goff walk when his contract is up and find another veteran that can play with some upside. Hard to do, but the numbers just don’t work due to that contract of Donalds. Cap hell

Yeah only $34M with 2 free agents expecting $10M or more puts them in huge trouble. Oh wait!

Yeah only $34M with 2 free agents expecting $10M or more puts them in huge trouble. Oh wait!

Don't they have something like 27 free agents to deal with? Then there's the matter of extending Goff. Considering the paydays some of these guys are going to want, $34M is a very tight budget.

Last edited:
Bovada had pats as favorite at +650....Miami was longest shot at +30,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes