PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft pick watch entering week 14

Cool, (though extremely unlikely) but I highly doubt Daniels slides that far to 14. I see him going anywhere between 6-10, especially after his pro-day/combine. However, if this was to occur…WOW..

Cool, (though extremely unlikely) but I highly doubt Daniels slides that far to 14. I see him going anywhere between 6-10, especially after his pro-day/combine. However, if this was to occur…WOW..

That's really cool, but it would require a change in front office. Bill always takes defense in the draft. No way he's going to go that much against form.

That's really cool, but it would require a change in front office. Bill always takes defense in the draft. No way he's going to go that much against form.
I hear you, however, Kraft may have something to say about that; especially considering the last few years.

I hear you, however, Kraft may have something to say about that; especially considering the last few years.
I think the only thing he would have to say about it is if they are making a change in GM/coach. I just don't see Bill sticking around while RKK morphs into Jerry Jones and starts calling the draft day shots.

Gonzalez is the first player on defense the Patriots have acquired with a first-round pick since 2015. [Cooks, Wynn, Michel, Harry, Jones, Strange, with no first in 2016 or 2020.]

Gonzalez is the first player on defense the Patriots have acquired with a first-round pick since 2015. [Cooks, Wynn, Michel, Harry, Jones, Strange, with no first in 2016 or 2020.]
The link to the mock draft showed them taking an offensive player in every round. That's what I was referring to. It would be cool to see them load up, but that has not been their method of operation since Bill got here.

Daniels is the QB I would like to see in Foxboro
I am leaning heavily towards Daniels too with Penix Jr or Nx being the consolation. It will be nice to have a dual threat at the Position in this day and age. :cool:

Last edited:
I am leaning heavily towards Daniels too with Penix Jr or Nx being the consolation. It will be nice to have a dual threat at the Position is this day and age. :cool:
Just saw him compared to Randall Cunningham. I think media is always too quick to crown and that often, even first round QBs don’t amount to much.

But if he’s even 90% of RC (who wasn’t a perfect player) I’d be onboard.

I remain in the « let’s get talent first » camp, but clearly hitting on QB would be an amazing twist for this franchise.

Just saw him compared to Randall Cunningham. I think media is always too quick to crown and that often, even first round QBs don’t amount to much.

But if he’s even 90% of RC (who wasn’t a perfect player) I’d be onboard.

I remain in the « let’s get talent first » camp, but clearly hitting on QB would be an amazing twist for this franchise.
I remember RC with the Eagles good comp. :cool:

I would be very happy with Harrison and then Nix. I have no idea where Nix would go though....15-25?

It would take a trade up for Nix and we know the likelihood of that happenig.

Losing out for Daniel's would be preferred though.

Im watching Chicago and rooting for Justin Fields right now.

Come on Justin, string together a few big games!!!
It's possible Chicago does not take a QB. They trade the 1st pick and draft a receiver at 5.

All in all, a great week for the Patriots: they won and didn't hurt their draft position at all.

All in all, a great week for the Patriots: they won and didn't hurt their draft position at all.
I wouldn't call it a great week. Pats are eliminated in Week 14. This hasn't happened since Bill's 2000 season. Draft won't matter if Bill is still around.

It's possible Chicago does not take a QB. They trade the 1st pick and draft a receiver at 5.

The first two picks will be QB's; we just don't know which teams will make those picks.

Obviously, it is waaay early, but I see the top of the draft being the 3 QB's. the 3 OT's, Harrison and the CB. That's 8. I think that CHI can safely trade down from 5 if they want a WR.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back