PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Goodell to be at AFCCG in Foxboro...[EDIT: no he isn't]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I very much love how this non-story is being whipped up by the media into a "controversy" that discredits and shames Goodell.

It really is a fascinating situation.

The chief executive of a $12B organization is unable to attend a game OF HIS OWN LEAGUE because he will be ridiculed, embarrassed and potentially harmed.

Its unprecedented.

Kennsaw Landis went to White Sox games after 1919.

Even Pete Rozelle went to Raider games after 1982.

I very much love how this non-story is being whipped up by the media into a "controversy" that discredits and shames Goodell.

It really does.

It makes him look weak, cowardly and not in control of his own league.

Whenever I see a headline like this thread's, I ask myself, "Is this a bet I'd make in a bar?" In other words, if we were in a bar, would I take out some cold hard cash and put it on the table, one way or the other.

In this case, the answer is, "Yes." There is no way that Goodell will come to Foxboro on Sunday night, if for no other reason than that he wouldn't want the raw emotion of the crowd and Brady to increase the Patriots' chance of winning...which it definitely would.

If I'm Tomlin, I'm asking the Rooney's to beg Goodell to stay away, "#ForTheGoodOfTheGame."

Well, we knew that was coming.
I do believe Mr. Goodell joins the others for whom Mssrs. Belichick, Brady and the Patriot players take up space in their head......
He (Goodell) won a Pyrrhic victory and should the Patriots win the Super Bowl, I really hope that someone calls him out on camera either at the trophy celebration or more likely at the parade when they are a few drinks into it....

So what happens if the Pats win the SB? Who hands over the Lombardi?? Or is he just going to pay the refs to make sure he doesn't have to?? Scary ****....

It really is a fascinating situation.

The chief executive of a $12B organization is unable to attend a game OF HIS OWN LEAGUE because he will be ridiculed, embarrassed and potentially harmed.

Its unprecedented.

Kennsaw Landis went to White Sox games after 1919.

Even Pete Rozelle went to Raider games after 1982.

Differnt era but also that white Sox scandal wad legit.

Also, I'd be quite embarassed if anyone of us physically hurt Roger.

We aren't savages. Regardless of whatever we think of what happened

With all that said, I bet he doesn't show up to Foxborough. But if he does I hope the fans get on him.. I doubt the stadium crew will put him on the big screen.
Huh?
If he's dumb enough too show, I want his mug on the screen the whole damn game!

Unfortunately since he has decided he needs to avoid the Patriots he may have special instructions for the refs on Sunday.

Unfortunately since he has decided he needs to avoid the Patriots he may have special instructions for the refs on Sunday.

Ominous thought...
Let's say that a controversial call(s) or non-call(s) were to happen against our team. Imagine how much worse it would be were Satan himself actually AT the Patriots game?

I legitimately do not give one iota of a **** of where Goodell is. If he's there, cool, I'll boo him and move on to watching the game. If not, bfd. He could not show up the rest of his life and it wouldn't bother me

I can't be the only one that if the Pats would win the superbowl, don't want Brady to take the high road, I want him to refuse to take the trophy from Roger, you know where its a last second thing so it's obvious to everyone that's what's happening and also embarrassing for Goddell and very awkward. I'm sure Brady would never do that but I would love it!
Unfortunately, I think he hands the trophy to Kraft.

We're getting way ahead of ourselves, but if Brady is MVP he could use the press conference with the Commissioner on Monday as an opportunity. From everything we've seen of Brady, it would be devastating if he fulfilled his contractual obligation, showed up, smiled, and answered any questions with versions of "Yes," "No," and "Maybe." For the Five Time Superbowl Champion and Three Time SB MVP to show nothing but disdain for the Commissioner would be "the story."

Goodell could've squashed this dumb **** by just showing up to the season opener in 2015. Get it out of the way. It had to happen eventually anyway. But now he wants to be a baby and drag it out and it's made the whole thing more of a spectacle than it needed to be

We were/are savages, though. That's why there were no Monday Night Football games in Foxboro from the early 80's until the mid-90's.

Differnt era but also that white Sox scandal wad legit.

For some players it was. IMO for Shoeless Joe it was not guilty but made an example of.

Also, I'd be quite embarassed if anyone of us physically hurt Roger.

With alcohol and all that testosterone percolating at the game if Roger was unprotected he would be harmed.

Unfortunately our society has a few crazy people that don't think about the consequences of such actions and how poorly it reflects on the fans that just want to boo him and have a good time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back