PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Glazer: Pats Interested in Trading For “Premium” WR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they planning on converting him to corner? Maybe the plan is to be totally unstoppable on offense so the defense can suck as much as it likes without it hurting the team? Or maybe Gordon’s hamstring/sobriety took a turn for the worst? Otherwise, giving up more draft capital for a position that, as far as we know right now, is set, doesn’t really compute.

I would be OK waiting until March and get Kelvin Benjamin for a decent one year prove it deal and re-sign one or two of Hogan/Patterson/Dorsett + give a vet minimum to Tyler Eifert. If we have to make trades I hope we get some D help. Haha or GConley or Buccanon or a godd pashrusher (Clowney may be out of reach, I'd like Carlos Dunlap if Cincy is willing to deal for a second + something : good production, good teammate, sustainable contrat and still in his prime, it would prepare the loss of Trey Flowers who will come too expensive in march)

maybe another WR means Gronk is done and they need to replace his passing numbers

I would be OK waiting until March and get Kelvin Benjamin for a decent one year prove it deal and re-sign one or two of Hogan/Patterson/Dorsett + give a vet minimum to Tyler Eifert. If we have to make trades I hope we get some D help. Haha or GConley or Buccanon or a godd pashrusher (Clowney may be out of reach, I'd like Carlos Dunlap if Cincy is willing to deal for a second + something : good production, good teammate, sustainable contrat and still in his prime, it would replace Trey Flowers who will come too expensive in march)
The only problem with that premise is Benjamin sucks.

I would be OK waiting until March and get Kelvin Benjamin for a decent one year prove it deal and re-sign one or two of Hogan/Patterson/Dorsett + give a vet minimum to Tyler Eifert. If we have to make trades I hope we get some D help. Haha or GConley or Buccanon or a godd pashrusher (Clowney may be out of reach, I'd like Carlos Dunlap if Cincy is willing to deal for a second + something : good production, good teammate, sustainable contrat and still in his prime, it would prepare the loss of Trey Flowers who will come too expensive in march)
Eifert’s done bro....done..

I think if the pats are looking at receiver they are doing this with 2019 in mind.
Are they planning on converting him to corner? Maybe the plan is to be totally unstoppable on offense so the defense can suck as much as it likes without it hurting the team? Or maybe Gordon’s hamstring/sobriety took a turn for the worst? Otherwise, giving up more draft capital for a position that, as far as we know right now, is set, doesn’t really compute.

I'm not 100% certain Bill wants to keep Edelman around next year. He's had numerous foot injuries and is 32. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but Bill's thinking might be different. Hogan's another guy that he might be looking at upgrading.

Last edited:
First off, I think this report is BS. Just like all the reports pre draft about whom the Pats are interested in (hint, they are always wrong, and just guesses, no inside info as claimed), nobody has inside info and knows what Belichick is thinking and what he’ll do. Name ONE alleged insider nailing the Sony Michel pick in the 1st round.

This is all click bait. Patriots+Made up, uninformed rumors=Clicks.

I bet they trade a 6th round pick for a relatively unknown LB who’s good at special teams. LB depth and special teams help is a need.

I think if the pats are looking at receiver they are doing this with 2019 in mind.

I'm not 100% certain Bill wants to keep Edelman around next year. He's had numerous ACL injuries and is 32. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but Bill's thinking might be different.
That might be the case if they’re targeting Sanders since his skill set is somewhat similar to Edelman’s (or they think Berrios will become that guy). Be Thomas’ skill set is totally different. He and Gordon at flanker and split end with Edelman and White underneath and Gronk hitting you on the intermediate routes between the hashes would be very hard to stop. Impossible even unless you can pressure Brady with 3-4 rushers.

I'm not 100% certain Bill wants to keep Edelman around next year. He's had numerous ACL injuries and is 32. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but Bill's thinking might be different. Hogan's another guy that he might be looking at upgrading.
Edelman has had ONE ACL injury, it happened last year.

No offense to the O.P., who's just passing on the tweet, but that makes no sense.

We've actually got two people here who disagreed with that enough to click the button?

rofl.gif

Team needs at TE, LB, DT, RB and S are much more of an issue at the moment, unless there's a WR problem that's not being reported, but people still want to disagree...

God love ya'

We've actually got two people here who disagreed with that enough to click the button?

rofl.gif

Team needs at TE, LB, DT, RB and S are much more of an issue at the moment, unless there's a WR problem that's not being reported, but people still want to disagree...

God love ya'

As others have said, interest in a WR makes more sense if they're looking at 2019 and beyond. If they're looking to trade for a 31 year old WR that's a FA when the year ends, I'm with you, other needs should be addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST