PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Glazer: Pats Interested in Trading For “Premium” WR

Status
Not open for further replies.
OBJ and TB12 always commenting on each others Instagram. Nothing to read into, but OBJ clearly respects TB that if we were to trade for him I think his ego would be in check. Imagine Edelman, Gordon, OBJ and Gronk????? :eek::eek::eek:

Which teams would consider cashing out and are out of the post season?

Bills
Cards
Raiders
Browns have no WRs
Giants. Bieber comes along with the OB. Drama queens.

Obj’s ego is bigger than the whole team combined. I doubt we’d trade for him. I could see someone like Kelvin Benjamin. But he’s also a basket case. Maybe TY hilton.

Definitely not Benjamin. I agree Hilton could be a possibility.

Didn’t Schefter just recently say no other big names are going to get traded? Will see what happens I guess.

OBJ and TB12 always commenting on each others Instagram. Nothing to read into, but OBJ clearly respects TB that if we were to trade for him I think his ego would be in check. Imagine Edelman, Gordon, OBJ and Gronk????? :eek::eek::eek:

That would be like a stacked John Madden team... lol which is why I can't see it happening.

The real problem is not ego but OBJ's massive salary. Yeah the Pats could 'rent' him for 2018 but they'd have to cut him in 2019 because 16m per year for a wide receiver is not going to work in our salary structure.

Guys who make more sense are on relatively bargain contracts, under team control until 2019 for example, or guys who wouldn't expect a huge market in free agency after their current contract runs out so you could extend them on reasonable dollars.

I'm still holding out hope for Patrick Peterson. But if the Pats do obtain a premium receiver for the 2018 run, I'm not going to complain. The way the game is called today, loading up on offense and getting into shootouts seems to make more sense than hoping to land a difference-maker on defense. Those seem much harder to come by than talented receivers on the trade market.

Teams that should think about 'selling' at the NFL trade deadline:
Bills, Raiders, Colts, Giants, Cardinals, 49ers.

TY Hilton would look GREAT in a New England uniform, but if I were Andrew Luck I would be so pissed to lose my only weapon. I'm not sure the Colts can afford to piss off their QB even if they aren't in any shape to contend this year.

For the hell of it. You know BB - he just likes to mindf*ck the GMs of other teams into doing something stupid. :)

I’m sure he has better more important things to do with his time.

In terms of spending draft picks, the Pats most success has been with WRs that they do not draft.

Michael Giardi‏Verified account @MikeGiardi 7m7 minutes ago
Multiple league sources confirm the #Patriots have been active on the trade front for weeks. That’s not abnormal for them. One name that’s been discussed is #Broncos WR Demaryius Thomas. Thomas was drafted by Pats OC Josh McDaniels when he was HC at Denver.

I'd be surprised if we traded for a WR before getting defensive help

I’m sure he has better more important things to do with his time.

Pffft. Takes no time at all. Just lets some intern "overhear" him discussing something while taking a leak in the clubhouse mens room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots