PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Glazer: Pats Interested in Trading For “Premium” WR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gordon is an RFA in 2019, so under the Pats control, at least.

Oh, and, y'know ... Slater.
;)
Don’t forget Cheerios and McCarron (is he still around?)

Is Glazer Schefter credible?

They also control Gordon-RFA (+ kids on IR) but for several reasons he is not a certainty.
1st round tender might not be enough if Brady-to-Flash progresses to Moss territory and the league believes Foxboro rehab is completed (remember Floyd is still in the league w/o substance issues)
I thought Floyd was just guilty of a DUI? Did he have other charges/issues?

His name is "Patrick Peterson..."

:rolleyes:

Thought this deserved its own thread.

Really the pats are intersted inn a wide out long term. They let Cook or cooks walk last year, now they want a wr? I'd like to see them get a premium linebacker or pass rusher

Last edited:
substance (alcochol) dependance
Of course, but I’m not sure that I’d view a DUI as that big of a deal, that’s all. Why not use the other hundreds of examples, too? Just wasn’t sure why you specified Floyd.

Define “premium WR”.

Like most on this board. I prefer a “premium defensive player”.

If it comes down to the rumored WR’s, I’d take Emanuel Sanders. He’d be bad a** in this offense.

Demaryious Thomas? It’s either one of two things, he’s washed up or he’s just disinterested.

OBJ? Highly doubt it but the Giants owe it to the Pats to trade him for those two stolen Super Bowls. Lol.

Define “premium WR”.

Like most on this board. I prefer a “premium defensive player”.

If it comes down to the rumored WR’s, I’d take Emanuel Sanders. He’d be bad a** in this offense.

Demaryious Thomas? It’s either one of two things, he’s washed up or he’s just disinterested.

OBJ? Highly doubt it but the Giants owe it to the Pats to trade him for those two stolen Super Bowls. Lol.
Im scared of Beckham inploding I dont know why
Would give up the farm for Green

Of course, but I’m not sure that I’d view a DUI as that big of a deal, that’s all. Why not use the other hundreds of examples, too? Just wasn’t sure why you specified Floyd.

I wasn't talking about DUI at all. Fighting dependance (or better: causes for it) is big psychological battle that never really ends. Both have similar problem, both got a chance to use Patriots institution to help restore careers and personal situations. Hope thats good enough reason..

I wasn't talking about DUI at all. Fighting dependance (or better: causes for it) is big psychological battle that never really ends. Both have similar problem, both got a chance to use Patriots institution to help restore careers and personal situations. Hope thats good enough reason..
Not meaning to make it a big deal or anything. I just didn’t initially understand why you chose Floyd as the example, and that’s why I asked if he had come across more trouble.

I get your point.

Since Edelman has returned, Hogan has caught 13 of 15 tgts for 175 yards. That's an 87% catch rate at a ypc of 13.5 yds. Doesn't seem particularly cliff-like.
Great point. He has been big like in the past. Hogan can be very productive now that he is a less used target behind Edelman Gronk and Gordon.

I don't know if I buy this. The defense needs way more help than the offense.
It makes Mike Lombardi look more credible, as he first reported this rumor almost a full week ago and we all laughed. Like you, I’d prefer defensive help, but I won’t complain if they use one of the five 2nd/3rd round picks on a possible impact player on offense, either.

Anybody but Garcon. Maybe 5-6-7 years ago, but not now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST