PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Glazer: Pats Interested in Trading For “Premium” WR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im scared of Beckham inploding I dont know why
Would give up the farm for Green
Green is unrealistic due to the Bengals having a winning record at this point.

The reason I think OBJ has been running amuck in NY is because they stink and there’s no respect with the coaching staff. It all changes when you go to a winning organization and you are catching passes from the best QB of all time. OBJ would dominate in NE.

A few thoughts..

#1 This could just be BS
#2 This could mean BB feels playing defense is no longer possible and is looking to win shoot outs.
#3 He believes Gronk or Edelman are close to falling off a cliff.

Maybe Brady after playing a few games with Gordon, sees how nice it is to have a tall physical WR . Instead of throwing to smurfs .

Here are the options IMO.

Emmanuel Sanders - He is older so it be short term. Will be 12M next year though but very little guaranteed.
Golden Tate
Allen Robinson (not a premium guy but i like the price and upside).

Here are the options IMO.

Emmanuel Sanders - He is older so it be short term. Will be 12M next year though but very little guaranteed.
Golden Tate
Allen Robinson (not a premium guy but i like the price and upside).
Not only do I consider Robinson a premium receiver, but he could be the best choice on the list. I’d be pretty excited to see him here.

“The most interesting name that Glazer said has garnered interest is New York Giants receiver Odell Beckham Jr. Beckham just signed a massive contract with the Giants, which means New York would take on $40 million in dead cap by trading him. So, a team would have to pay up significantly to acquire him. But it might be worth it. Most of Beckham’s guarantees in his contract are tied to that $40 million signing bonus. Most other guarantees are tied to future events like roster and workout bonuses. Beckham’s contract would be roughly $78 million over the next 5 1/2 years. That’s a bargain for an elite weapon. The Patriots have bigger needs on defense, but they know where their bread is buttered. Bringing in some reserves, or an elite weapon, might not be a bad idea.”

Read more at Why Patriots’ Reported Interest In Trading For Receiver Makes Some Sense
Absolutely ****ing not.

Not only do I consider Robinson a premium receiver, but he could be the best choice on the list. I’d be pretty excited to see him here.

I looked at the contract situation again and now I'm not so sure about it. How much do the Bears need to eat again?

A few thoughts..

#1 This could just be BS
#2 This could mean BB feels playing defense is no longer possible and is looking to win shoot outs.
#3 He believes Gronk or Edelman are close to falling off a cliff.

I'm not convinced #2 isn't the case. Playing good defense nowadays seems to happen mostly by accident. Look at the Jaguars, that vaunted defense fell apart overnight.

I'm not convinced #2 isn't the case. Playing good defense nowadays seems to happen mostly by accident. Look at the Jaguars, that vaunted defense fell apart overnight.
That’s more of a product of injuries on top of seemingly quitting. Bouye was out today and then his back-up went down and got nicked up. Hayden was also inactive.

That’s more of a product of injuries on top of seemingly quitting. Bouye was out today and then his back-up went down and got nicked up. Hayden was also inactive.

Wasn't just today though.

Adam Thielen or Julio....or Odell......or Golden Tate:D

I'd say yes to all of those except for Odell

He would be a massive headcase and a huge salary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes