PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Give Brady Whatever He Wants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. The Chargers play the Pats in California in 2020, exact date TBD. Assuming the Pats and Chargers both make the post season, LAC would visit NE in January 2021 clinching the 2nd seed or lower.

The Jerry and Brady thing is an internet rumor.
Maybe he does go to the Chargers but it's hard to imagine. I thought the Chargers would be likely if Lynn was fired and they tabbed McDaniels. My bet still would be on Patriots or retirement.

The Chargers are 5 - 11 because of Rivers. Did you watch him play this year or throughout his career?

Its about selling corporate luxury suites and psls. What leads you to believe that Brady signing with the LAC wont drive more sales? LA is like Miami. Winning is a recipe for a full house and losing makes the beach more attractive.

At the very least, even if LAC does not win a Lombardi, Brady is racking up passing TDs and yards.

Yes, I watched several Charger games and Brady is an upgrade over Rivers even though Brady is in decline. It’s not a 6 win difference, though. More like 2 or 3, if Brady doesn’t get hurt, doesn’t show his age and they improve the OL.

But right now? They have no OL. Their OL makes the Pats OL look great.

He only goes to LA if there is no real alternative, i.e., the Pats lowball him or don’t really want him.

Keep dreaming that Brady is coming back to a team void of more than a couple of playmakers.

And, Brady is not accepting a lowball contract this time. So, good luck FA shopping for weapons to place around Brady. Brady knows that if he does not take a discount that NE cannot afford the talent that he needs at this stage of his career. Brady wants to break passing records.
Brady wants to win. You are clueless about their cap

But remember . . . the Patriots can’t draft.

I liked the pick, but also thought they had to trade him.
I have a saying @TomPatriot
Traits + production + measurables + being extremely handsome = a successful draft pick.

I want $80M

I feel selfish now.

2/$60M with $40M guaranteed is NOT unreasonable.

Exactly.

There are fans who are not thinking clearly right now...like the OP.

With that said I don't think Tom asking for/getting $40m guaranteed in the open market is not out of the question.

What's the benefit of dumping the best player in NFL history? You get to start your rebuild 2 years earlier? That doesn't really matter. How many rebuilds did we start between 1967 and 2000? Do you remember or care when they started? We have lighting in a bottle. You don't give that up to start your search for the 0.00001% chance to find it again a little sooner.

There is plenty of time between decision points.

1) Where will Josh go, and which coaches will he take with him? Or will Josh stay?

2) The team will see if they can come to terms before the final week of the season.

3) In the last 3 days, Brady can see actual "offers" and make his decision. The team CANNOT afford to wait and sign Brady later. In that case, there would be $13.5M of dead cap money PLUS anything on the new contract.

It is POSSIBLE that the patriots will come to terms with a WR or TE, and then give that information to Brady's agent. Of course, there is no guarantee that the team will follow through.

4) Finally, if the patriots cannot make a deal, Brady can spend a few days at most as a free agent. He would have already negotiated with several teams. The final decision will be done before April 1st.

Alternatively, Brady all sign with someone on the first day, and the team will be able to be more attractive to free agents.

We all have our guesses. teams will be able to present their current team, plus any new players secured in the first week (3 pre days plus 4 after the start) of pre-season. Some of these teams have $80M of cap space and will be able to show Brady a fine offense.
======
Mid-March is a couple of months away. The most likely possible teams seem to be NE, TB, TEN, IND, LAC and CLE. Obviously, there are flaw with all the choices. My personal most likely are TB and TEN.

I disagree. I have no doubt that Brady will be offered at least this much by several teams.
....and it will be an overpay.

I'm good w/ $25m guar

....and it will be an overpay.

I'm good w/ $25m guar
Not an overpay he's worth it in relation to the market but I agree with your amount. 2 year deal formatted however you like and for however many years helps them most. Maybe 30 mil guaranteed over the 2 years. The rest doesn't matter really. Can be 50 mil overall, maybe 46, whatever works. BB and Brady just need to go golfing and figure it out.

Yeah 50 mill they will not be able to do anything with that. :eek:

Contracts are reworked all over the NFL make cap room in the present.

I dont get my cap information from people who are big Maroney and Dorsett fans.

Contracts are reworked all over the NFL make cap room in the present.

I dont get my cap information from people who are big Maroney and Dorsett fans.
You provided the cap link
It says 50 mill.
You say they don’t gave enough to sign players
You are stupid.

Deebo turns into a RB as soon as the ball is in his hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes