PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

From PFT: Mangini wishes he had take-backsies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eric Mangini- Shows why the little geeky snitches ruin everything. :bricks:

I would like to say...that all of the sons of belichick as well as new england will never forgive him....so go away you weasel.

===============================================

As I remember the Pats video guy was first approached by Jet security alone, they aske about the video and the Pats video guy more or less told them to get bent and I believe headed to the locker room, next he was approached by Jet and NFL security, then there was a scene and eventually the State Police got involved.

Approached by Jet and NFL security after little Eric realized he was in for a LONG season once he got a look at the Brady 2 Moss jugernaut.

The difference is the year before when the Pats caught Mangini's camera boy on the field, after the Jet camera boy told security to get bent, security and State Police probably laughed and went back to focus on their real job.

All I have to say to say is that currently Bill Belichcik is acting as his own DC. Eric Mangini was and is a good coach and a good DC. I think Bill ought to try to hire Eric to help straighten out the Patriots Defense, which is NOT a league leading squad, unlike the Offense.

The Bible talks of welcoming the Prodigal son back. Belichicik ought to do the same. Eric has learned his lesson, and the Pats and Bill need and could use his help.

All I have to say to say is that currently Bill Belichcik is acting as his own DC. Eric Mangini was and is a good coach and a good DC. I think Bill ought to try to hire Eric to help straighten out the Patriots Defense, which is NOT a league leading squad, unlike the Offense.

The Bible talks of welcoming the Prodigal son back. Belichicik ought to do the same. Eric has learned his lesson, and the Pats and Bill need and could use his help.

NOT going to happen ! I don't know what I will do if that happens ( not that it matters though )

By no means do sentiments like this make it forgivable, but FWIW I do genuinely believe that he regrets it and it does improve his standing in my eyes. I would like for him to take it a step further, however, and explain exactly why he regrets it: specifically, that the Patriots' legacy has been tainted not for actual cheating, but because the media chose to twist out of proportion and run with what was a largely minor/insignificant infraction.

This gets to the heart of it all. Someone who matters needs to step forward and explain how/why it was not "cheating" but violation of a rule pertaining specifically to how and where information was collected. This never has been done clearly and definitively by anyone in authority as far as I recall, even though Goodell essentially said it gave the Patriots no competitive advantage. It's all been twisted and intentionally clouded by a simple-minded sensationalizing media and rivals hating on the Patriots.

Having watched the NFL Live segment this afternoon I did come away with the impression that Mangini was completely sincere with what he said. It may not come across that way when you read an article on it, but I did get the feeling from hearing the tone of his voice, the body language, etc. that he truly did wish he had never acted as he did, because he truly had no idea that it would blow up like he did. Why would he think it might become as big as it did? There was no precedent for the league reacting this way, unless you go all the way back to the NFL suspending Paul Hornung and Alex Karras in 1963 for gambling.

I'm speculating here, but perhaps Mangini did get the ball rolling by alerting stadium security bout the camera man - but it could have been Tannenbaum who escalated the incident by getting NFL security and State Police involved. Again, I don't have any evidence to support that, just saying that is a possibility; it's not necessarily only one or the other (Mangini or Tannenbaum), and not both that had a distinct role in the whole thing blowing up the way that it did.

Having watched the NFL Live segment this afternoon I did come away with the impression that Mangini was completely sincere with what he said. It may not come across that way when you read an article on it, but I did get the feeling from hearing the tone of his voice, the body language, etc. that he truly did wish he had never acted as he did, because he truly had no idea that it would blow up like he did. Why would he think it might become as big as it did? There was no precedent for the league reacting this way, unless you go all the way back to the NFL suspending Paul Hornung and Alex Karras in 1963 for gambling.

I have no doubt his regret is sincere, and I suspect it goes further than just spygate. Eric is hardly the first young hotshot who believed his own press and turned his back on the people who made him who he was, only to fall flat on his face...then realize he has no place to go home to, he's burned all his bridges, and everybody think's he's a jerk.

The plain fact is, he WAS a jerk, or at least acted the part. He should never have taken the Jets job to begin with. But he was young and ambitious, and the Greenmen were dangling a shiny gold ring in front of him. It's easy to see the temptation. So today he may be older and wiser, but he's stuck with an asterisk on his career and character.

One thing makes me believe Mangini is sincere-- You have to remember that people had blown the whistle on other teams doing much worse things, forcing the league to correct the situation but not punish it. When Jimmy Johnsons' staff in Miami learned how to bypass the audio cutoff that shuts off the feed of the coach to he quarterback before the snap, letting him essentially warn of blitzes and point out open receivers to the QB as the play unfolded, somebody told on them

The leagues' reaction to the cheating? Recall everybody's headsets and issue new ones on a different frequency and that were more high tech/tamper resistant. No fine, no suspension, just made sure it stopped.

I bet Eric thought the league would stop the practice of openly and very obviously taping signals from the sidelines with the intent to annoy the opponent and make them change signals more frequently than they would like to.

Goodell is a hanging judge, at least when the infraction is made public. His predecessors were not, and football had never been "led" that way. Mangini could not have anticipated the public lynching of the Pats and also Goodell's insistance that NOBODY involved could ever make any mention of the fact that the tactic of sideline taping was commonplace throughout the league. Busting the Patriots and demanding silence about the other offenders let him dole out punishment and smugly claim to have "cleaned up" the game.

Last edited:

They talk.

BB and Mangini have houses on Marthas Vineyard. Everything Mangini knows he learned from BB.

Goodell is a former NY Jet employee...FACT

Goodell should have NEVER sat in judgement of the NEP....INDEPENDENT ARBITRATOR....what he did was akin to a former CEO of Dow Chemical sitting as the only arbitrator in an issue involving a drug patented by Lilly, that is in direct competition with a drug produced by Dow...the federal government would NEVER allow such a sham which is WHY there are independent arbitrators that judge these issues FAIRLY...Goodell in his supreme arrogance, did what no HONEST man would ever think of doing...WHY?...because he is in essence an ORGANIZED criminal figure tied into billion dollar business interests in the NY/NJ metro area, and was BORN into this life a member of this select oligarchy, of which his US Senator father was a prominent member.Tell me, in what venue would there be a nearly 100% chance to cash in on a Super Bowl with profits exceeding all other Super Bowls ever played by a staggering factor?? Try the NY/NJ Super Bowl slated for 2014....grease the skids for the Jets by attacking their closest competitor again and again and again, letting this sham of media circus perpetuate and YOU tilt the playing field and rig the odds in YOUR favor. Goodell's take under the table from NY/NJ power brokers if he manages to rig up a Jet/Giant Super Bowl in 2014 are probably incalculable...try 2% of 100 billion dollars, after all ancillary revenues are tallied, and it's easy to see Goodell's scurrilous motives.

There have long been rumors that the referee crew in the 2007 Super Bowl were instructed by a higher authority to "let them play". The entire WORLD saw Manning in the grasp...a play broken down frame by frame that revealed that NON CALL was a full second and a half of in the grasp than the 28 or 29 in the grasp calls made that season...after which Carey admitted, "I saw it...I wanted to make the call..I just didn't"...right....suddenly...after all season and 18 games of making that call, he suddenly "wanted to...but didn't"...funny how Goodell NEVER uttered a word one way or the other about that...just slinked off into the background and let even more baseless slanders and libels mount up on the NEP organization.

You CANNOT deny these things...Goodell has consistently REFUSED to comment on the outright LIES of ESPN and members of the NFL itself, when scurrilous, unfounded attacks on the NEP continued like a blizzard. A perfect example...the "they taped the Rams walkthrough!!!!" canard, THAT is a totally fabricated, outright LIE...yet Goodell says NOTHING. It is revealed as total fabrication by members of the sports journalism fraternity across a number of national venues, yet, years later, is constantly being brought up ESPN and referred to as FACT when it is a TOTAL LIE. Goodell does nothing. What CEO of any company lets LIES about his product go unchallenged??? WHY would any CEO EVER allow this???

I was THERE when Goodell held his dog and pony press conference outside the Razor...I was not allowed, along with a number of other Patriot fans, to be in the select group of "fans" allowed to ask the commissioner questions. There was absolutely ZERO chance of anything related to Spygate being allowed in this so called Q+A with the "Commish"...think about that...the first time this crud bag shows his face AFTER the Spygate crapfest and "NO QUESTIONS ALLOWED!!!" by his jackbooted thug squad handlers.

Football fans make me laugh sometimes....they easily believe what they see and hear about political corruption across all party lines, about business corruption across all business venues, police corruption, pension corruption, fixed horse racing, rigged boxing events, child predator clergy,housewives embezzling from small businesses,banking scams, mortgage ponzi schemes...on and on and on and on through all strata of American life...but when any question involving the above board standing of the NFL comes into question, here we go with the thousand knights in shining armor act defending to the death the honesty and integrity of the NFL.

as Malcolm X once so eloquently put it...you've been BAMBOOZLED.
Bamboozled - YouTube

Joker, that seems like a lot of pent up rage against Goodell's illict tactics. #signmeup :D

He has said similar things before, but this is a little more pointed.

Even the Mangini haters have to concede that there no way he anticipated the S-storm Goodell would make out it. We're still baffled by Goodell's high horse.

As for Mangini himself, I always thought his rise from nothing to DC of NEP was impressive. BB doesn't elevate anyone. He was guy who started at the bottom and through effort rose up. Many try but don't.

Yes, Eric. I wish you could take it back too.

Which is part of what made the betrayal even worse, even before Spygate. IIRC, I've read that when Mangini was considering taking the Jets job BB told him basically, "Look, you'll be a head coach and I want to help you get there ... but, please, not there." And Mangini ignored him. How the Jets and their former employee Goodell handled the situation validated Belichick's warning.

This makes me sick to my stomach.

Every time some team gets caught violating the rules, Spygate will come up. Eric rat snitch ingrate Mangini will find a microphone in front of his face and start talking about how he feels this or that, and a fresh coat of taint will be applied to the Patriots.

He was "Little Bill" when he started out being oblique and not answering reporters' questions when he got the jobs with the Jets and Browns. Now he's a whining guest on freakin' Dr. Phil all full of remorse and heartache.

Go away, Eric. Just go away.

People make mistakes.......it is about as eloquent public apology that you will get, and I believe it is sincere.

One of the lessons here is that the ambitions that exist on a rapidly rising young nfl coach can result in some nasty results. Which is why BB probably told both McDaniel and mangini to not rush in. Both went into football hotbeds and both failed rather quickly.

I would forgive mangini and I would take him back in a heartbeat because people make mistakes and when they realize it and deal with the mistake, they deserve to be forgiven. I would also take him back because he is a very useful football mind.

I forgive you, Eric........but no bro-hugs.....not with those man-boobs

Fredo "the rat" Mangini is the very definition of biting the hand that feeds you. With friends like him, one certainly needs no enemies. Roger Goodfornothingdell wnated to illustrate that he was the new sheriff in town, and made Mount Everest out of an f'n molehill. Funny thing, if Pete Rozelle or Paul Tagliabue were still sheriff at the time, this would have been over as soon or soon after as it happened. I wish Coach tried not to put his own interpretation into the memo, but it is what it is. Funny thing, Mangini was in a glass house and threw stones anyway.

I like Mangini.

I wish he would spill his guts on the Jets taping but that would never happen.

He would look like a massive hypocrite if he did that now.

They talk.

BB and Mangini have houses on Marthas Vineyard. Everything Mangini knows he learned from BB.

Maybe little Eric was home sick with a note from his mommy during BB's integrity and loyalty lessons :cool:

Here's the most important quote in the whole article IMHO. As I've posted out here many times, the Rat is only "sorry" because he knows he's toxic to any HC who might otherwise give him a chance to work his way back into the game as an Assistant.

"One reason for Mangini’s disappointment may be that he’s now viewed in coaching circles as an assistant whom a head coach would have trouble trusting. If Mangini wants to get back on an NFL staff, he’d need that head coach to believe he’d be more loyal than he was to Belichick."

As I think about it, it was only a truly confused and messed up ownership like Cleveland's that would ever give him a chance as HC on his own; I doubt that any other owner would risk having a guy on his staff who would do what Mangini did to another organization.

As the old saying goes, he made his bed, now he has to sleep in it. I'm shedding no tears for him.

Fuggettaboutit! Ain't happenin'. I would lose a lot of respect for BB if he brought Mangini back in, What he did can never be undone no matter how he tries to spin it now. Him saying he wishes he could take it back shows even he knows how badly he damaged the Patriots for no good reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back