PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

From PFT: Mangini wishes he had take-backsies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to regret what?? :rolleyes:

And speak for yourself.

The only thing I regret is that Mangina and Goodell weren't murdered before they committed that Atrocity.

Hey Off Your Rocker. Murdered because the Pats broke the rules after being warned?

The Pats were warned not to tape and Belichick was arrogant and did it anyway. Should Saints fans want Goodell dead because they were caught after he warned them not to place bounties on players?

What a Kook.

Mangini wishes he can have a job after all his bull....

Terrible.

It's nice that the Rat has regrets, but if I'm BB, I woudn't let that snake anywhere near my house. But BB is not me, so maybe he has a more forgiving heart. Mangini was supposed to be BB's friend. Some friend. If I had a friend like that, I would have beat the .... out of them. I guess that's why I don't have many friends. :D
I don't trust anyone. I've lived by that creed for many years. I have so much peace of mind.
There are backstabbers everywhere in this world. This situation is an example of the damage a backstabber can cause.

Actually I take Mangini at his word on this

There's no way that Mangini expected Goodell to over-react the way he did - especially knowing that NFL rules allow signal call filming and it was just the year before that the rule had been changed to prohibit the filming specifically from the sidelines

Goodell's over-reaction is now in hindsight is well understood - he responded to the public perception of surprise over signal calling from clueless fans and felt he needed to "act" similarly shocked even though his own rules allowed it, and I believe still do today

Last edited:
I've said about him before, and I'm sure I'll say it again in the future whenever his name comes up.

**** him and the horse he rode in on!

You wanna make it right, mangina? Okay, fine... here's what you do...
  • Go coach another NFL team and trade us your first round pick for $5.
  • Then give BB and the Pats $1,000,005.00 out of your personal bank account.
  • Then go onto ESPN every day for about two years and talk about how spygate was blown WAY out of proportion.
  • Come to Gillette on your team's bye week and apologize to BB, Mr. Kraft and the fanbase, as well as the members of the 2007 team for putting them through so much ****.
  • Then expose any and every other team in the NFL (especially the jets) that you have knowledge of that does the same or similar thing. Actually ANY rule breaking.

....and then, maybe, we'll think about forgiving you. Maybe.

He has said similar things before, but this is a little more pointed.

Even the Mangini haters have to concede that there no way he anticipated the S-storm Goodell would make out it. We're still baffled by Goodell's high horse.

As for Mangini himself, I always thought his rise from nothing to DC of NEP was impressive. BB doesn't elevate anyone. He was guy who started at the bottom and through effort rose up. Many try but don't.

Yes, Eric. I wish you could take it back too.

Actually I take Mangini at his word on this

There's no way that Mangini expected Goodell to over-react the way he did - especially knowing that NFL rules allow signal call filming and it was just the year before that the rule had been changed to prohibit the filming specifically from the sidelines

Goodell's over-reaction is now in hindsight is well understood - he responded to the public perception of surprise over signal calling from clueless fans and felt he needed to "act" similarly shocked even though his own rules allowed it, and I believe still do today

IIRC there was a lot of gamesmanship that preceded the week one game in 2007. The Pats brought in Tim Dwight right after he got cut by the Jets and I think the Jets did the same to a player cut by New England and PFT blew it up as to whether it was to learn of the other team's audibles....so Mangini had to know that anything said to the league office and a rookie commissioner would escalate the situation. He made his decisons, let him live with it.

I don't blame Mangini at all. If anything, it was tit for tat, since the Patriots ratted out Mangini the year before when the Jets cameraman was caught filming in Foxboro. Mangini was just returning the favor.

By no means do sentiments like this make it forgivable, but FWIW I do genuinely believe that he regrets it and it does improve his standing in my eyes. I would like for him to take it a step further, however, and explain exactly why he regrets it: specifically, that the Patriots' legacy has been tainted not for actual cheating, but because the media chose to twist out of proportion and run with what was a largely minor/insignificant infraction.

Last edited:
Hey Off Your Rocker. Murdered because the Pats broke the rules after being warned?

The Pats were warned not to tape and Belichick was arrogant and did it anyway. Should Saints fans want Goodell dead because they were caught after he warned them not to place bounties on players?

What a Kook.

You conveniently forget that after they were warned, the NFL was apprised that the Jets had filmed the Patriots, and the NFL's response was, "they had permission to do it." Essentially, "Tough, that's football."

It's just another excuse to HATE! Always a hater sittin back waitin for a right time to hate. Jealousy Pats were dominating, this NEVER goes away. Best is there ones that judge when they need look in their own mirror.

You conveniently forget that after they were warned, the NFL was apprised that the Jets had filmed the Patriots, and the NFL's response was, "they had permission to do it." Essentially, "Tough, that's football."

Of course they had permission...from Roger Jetdell. I was so glad his arse got booed at the draft. :mad:
Bah, I can't believe this is coming up again, 5 ....YEARS LATER!!! :enranged:
For that reason alone, this Patriot fan will NEVER FORGIVE MANGINI. :mad:

Last edited:
Some may remember that I have been a defender of Mangin for years since Spy Gate broke.

I said Mangini was not a rat and it was not him that unleashed security on the Pats video guy, I said it was Tannebaum because Mangini was to busy coaching a football game.

Today I heard this from Mangini.

Quote:
“Never in a million years did I expect it to play out like this,” Mangini said. “This is one of those situations where I didn’t want them to do the things they were doing. I didn’t think it was any kind of significant advantage, but I wasn’t going to give them the convenience of doing it in our stadium, and I wanted to shut it down. But there was no intent to get the league involved. There was no intent to have the landslide that it has become.”

Seems to me that Mangini is accepting fault for having Jet security intervene with the Pats video guy.

So I was wrong, Mangini was the Rat, he did instigate Spy Gate. I apologize for hundreds of post stating Mangini was not the Rat.

Well Fredo and BB apparently have gotten past this. And who knows, maybe BB still loves Fredo....

....And wants to take him fishing..
scheme.gif

fredo.jpg

sarc post/

He looks like that chef from Dominos's cheesy bread ad.

Good for Eric.

Also, **** him.

Some may remember that I have been a defender of Mangin for years since Spy Gate broke.

I said Mangini was not a rat and it was not him that unleashed security on the Pats video guy, I said it was Tannebaum because Mangini was to busy coaching a football game.

Today I heard this from Mangini.

Seems to me that Mangini is accepting fault for having Jet security intervene with the Pats video guy.

So I was wrong, Mangini was the Rat, he did instigate Spy Gate. I apologize for hundreds of post stating Mangini was not the Rat.

Do you have more on the Tannebaum angle?

I watched the spot live today, As i heard it, he didn't want the taping in his stadium, so he had the camera grabbed.

He didn't know that the league was going to be brought which resulted in the **** storm. I think the decision to cal in league security was Tanny's idea not Mangini. If that is the case I don't have a problem with what Mangini did. I am fine with gamemanship, BB does it all the time.

He very good s a analyst for ESPN.

I don't trust anyone. I've lived by that creed for many years. I have so much peace of mind.

:( I feel like I want to invite you to a party -- except I don't do parties. :(

Do you have more on the Tannebaum angle?

===============================================

No I do not, it was pure deduction, speculation, and conjecture on my part.

The Jets never spoke to how it all went down, This from Mangini is the first time any of the Jets (at that time) organization has ever spoke of it. At least as far as I remember.

As I remember the Pats video guy was first approached by Jet security alone, they aske about the video and the Pats video guy more or less told them to get bent and I believe headed to the locker room, next he was approached by Jet and NFL security, then there was a scene and eventually the State Police got involved.

I have no way of knowing Tannebaums involvement, but him and Mangini were tied at the hip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes