PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deon Sanders "everyone knew what Indy was doing stealing signs"

Status
Not open for further replies.
And he let the other 2 have it for trying to say asterisk next to their 1st superbowl, he just kept saying no there's not, and went into the whole Indy thing and said even you LT knew it was going on we just didn't tell the fans.

LT has been crying over the Pats success for years. I actually enjoyed watching him during the Pats interviews after this win. You could tell it was burning him up to be sitting there.

My favorite cry of his was when he used the 'if you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin' line about the Pats. Someone should have told him that that particular label, according to George Atkinson, has been proudly worn by the Raiders since the 70's.

LT has been crying over the Pats success for years. I actually enjoyed watching him during the Pats interviews after this win. You could tell it was burning him up to be sitting there.

My favorite cry of his was when he used the 'if you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin' line about the Pats. Someone should have told him that that particular label, according to George Atkinson, has been proudly worn by the Raiders since the 70's.

LT was a hell of a player, but he's as dumb as they come IMO.

Unfortunately no one cared enough at the time so they've got away with it and nothing will ever come of it now.

It's Howard Mudd i believe who used to steal the signs so he's talking between 1998-2009, the Manning years.

LT was a hell of a player, but he's as dumb as they come IMO.
I understand where you're coming from, but I think LT is the furthest thing from dumb. I believe he knows exactly what he's doing and, frankly, he does it very well with an exceptional ability to employ passive/aggressive tactics. He's very cunning.

I understand where you're coming from, but I think LT is the furthest thing from dumb. I believe he knows exactly what he's doing and, frankly, he does it very well with an exceptional ability to employ passive/aggressive tactics. He's very cunning.
I respect your opinion, I guess I just don't see/hear it.

When I watch him, he seems like the star athlete who never had to try in school because of his athletic gifts, and because of those athletic gifts, he's now under the impression it makes him intelligent as well.

Perhaps you could provide some examples? Because I just don't see it.

I respect your opinion, I guess I just don't see/hear it.

When I watch him, he seems like the star athlete who never had to try in school because of his athletic gifts, and because of those athletic gifts, he's now under the impression it makes him intelligent as well.

Perhaps you could provide some examples? Because I just don't see it.
I suspect like most of us here, I try to limit my exposure to LT as much as possible, principally because I think he's an ***hole of the highest order. So I don't have multiple examples to give you. But, I think it's an ability to give the impression that the opinion you're presenting is a prevalent one with others that you don't believe but many others do when, in fact, you believe it with everyd fiber of your being. It's a clear talent, in my opinion. It's an incredibly unflattering talent, but a talent nonetheless.

So here is a summary of Dungy's remarks:
Tony Dungy on stealing signals: It’s been done legally for years

Good stories there in my opinion. And he was as close to he's ever been to actually getting the Patriots situation right:

“It wasn’t getting signals, it was the process of videotaping and using electronic equipment during the game,” Dungy said of the difference between the Patriots and other teams.

So close Tony..... It was the process of doing all that from the wrong spot during the game.

More generally.... I'm kind of happy he went off the way he did about what his own teams did. I'm sick of all this whining and BSing about this type of stuff. Everyone's been doing it, and more importantly it was considered a point of pride to be able to figure it out. There were explicit rules on what you couldn't do, but anything else was fair game. I was so proud of myself for figuring out signals when I was in elementary school for heaven's sake; now professionals aren't allowed to do it???

The Patriots were punished because his Douchebagginess decided to change a rule without competition committee approval, left a gray area, the Pats tried to exploit the gray area and tell Goodell he had no authority to change the rule to begin with, and the jackass overreacted the way jackasses do when you call them out on that type of stuff. Spygate is 100% Goodell's fault, and any competent commissioner would have nipped it in the bud and the public would never have heard about it.

Last edited:
I always assumed what made Roger come down so hard on Spygate was that the league had sent the Pats a warning letter saying to knock off the filming and then they kept on doing it. Granted, Belichick's defense was probably correct within the rule book or close enough to warrant a small punishment, but Godell had to Godell it and turn it into a capital crime because Belichick had ignored the warning letter.

I don't think any story about the Colts stealing signs really changes anything. It was and still is legal.

I did watch Sanders when he said that and was stunned that this was happening on NFL.

Thrilled to see a bit of traction and Dungy now opening a can of worms. Hehehe..

Wish it gains more attention and forces some in the media to ask: did the NFL* and Goodhell smear the Pats back in 2007 itself?

Wish Glazer releases some of the tapes that he has in his possession so that the whole world can understand what exactly the Pats did and realize that what BB said was accurate: the taping was a very small part of the mosaic that they prepare against every team.

Hope this thread does not disappear. :)

Why did Sanders single out the Colts if everyone does it?

This is stunning!

For the first time ever, an ESPN writer actually has correctly summed up the spygate allegations:

"...the Patriots broke the rules by videotaping the opposition's signals from an unauthorized location."

-Mike Wells, ESPN Staff writer
Dungy says Colts stole signals but didn't cheat

So they are saying...
not that the Pats taped signals and taping is always illegal,
not that they taped practices (which never happened in the first place),
not that "Hey, we don't know what they taped, Goodell destroyed everything!"

but precisely they are saying that the Patriots taped signals from the wrong spot in the stadium, when taping from other spots would have been OK

We are making progress, folks!

Slowly but surely!

At the time of Spygate, I believe it would have been legal to have 100 cameras in the stands trained on the Defensive Coordinator beaming directly to a camp in North Korea for 1,000 conscripted analysts to pore over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back