PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deon Sanders "everyone knew what Indy was doing stealing signs"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved how the were referring to Marshall as that idiot.

Manning's theatrics and flapping about at the LOS look totally different knowing he was waiting on his guy to tell him what he would be facing.

Yeah, I'm kinda buzzed/maybe drunk so I'm a little slow on thinking about this...but the more I think about it, the more my mind is blown.

really wish I couldve seen this and I want more details
I'm sure it we'll end up on youtube eventually. LT and Deion were discussing if Brady is the best QB ever (they agree he is). Deion says guys that played n the NFL know there's no question, only idiots believe the other stuff matters. LT says: but his detractors will say spygate. Deion says you and I both know all kinds of people were doing that. Indy had a guy giving every signal about the defense, as players we never said anything about it to the fans but everyone knew what Indy was doing.

Basically that was it.

Yep. Howard Mudd, retired Colts OL coach. Had a rep as one of the best sign stealers in the NFL.

PFT just posted a story about this:

NFL Network’s Deion Sanders says Colts stole other teams’ signals

NFL Network’s Deion Sanders says Colts stole other teams’ signals
Hall of Fame cornerback and NFL Network commentator Deion Sanders says the Indianapolis Colts stole other teams’ defensive signals, everyone in the NFL knew about it, and no one did anything.

Sanders made the allegation on NFL Network after his colleague, LaDainian Tomlinson said some critics will put an asterisk next to the Patriots’ success because of Spygate.

“Those same critics, did they say anything about the wins that the Indianapolis Colts had? You want to talk about that too? Because they were getting everybody’s signals,” Sanders said. “Come on, you don’t walk up to the line and look over here and the man on the sideline giving you the defense that they’ve stolen the plays of. We all knew. L.T. knew. Everybody in the NFL knew. We just didn’t let the fans know. That was real and that was happening in Indy.”

Sanders did not say when that was happening or who was involved, but he sounded like he was describing the years when Peyton Manning was the Colts’ quarterback. Sanders has criticized Manning in the past, but we’ve never heard this allegation before.

If Sanders can back up this assertion, he should — and the NFL should thoroughly investigate. If he can’t back it up, it’s incredibly odd that he’d say it on the league’s own network, a network that the Colts partially own.

Let's hope this becomes a big story.

Jerry Rice said that Tom Brady deserved an asterisk, and then we found out that Rice cheated by using stickum

Marshall Faulk said that Brady deserved an asterisk, and then we found out that one of the teams Faulk played for cheated by stealing signs

Anyone else noticing a pattern here?

I enjoy listening to them because I know what comes out of their mouth is a product of their brains and not their biases.
I would say "out of their mouth and not their asses,( pardon me).

In the past, he said LT knew so it must have been Manning era Colts.

It was Mudd, the O-line coach. I don't have the issue anymore but the year after the Colts won the SB (2006-7), SI had an article about the relationship between Manning and BB. Manning mentioned how BB was always trying to steal their signals and the colts were trying to steal theirs. He made no big deal about it, but rather was describing the gamesmanship between the two teams. Remember, none of this was illegal and even using a camera was not illegal. You just can't have it on the sideline.

Huh? How does this matter, other than exposing haters for the hypocrites that they are? And yes, Sanders and Irvin have been consistently in our corner.

Last I checked, stealing signals is perfectly legal and always has been.

Of course the Colts did that. If a team can do it, good for them. That's NFL football.

Unless I'm mistaken (which happens a lot these days) CameraPlacementGate is aptly named. The violation we got crucified for was not for stealing signals but using a camera in the wrong location.

It was Mudd, the O-line coach. I don't have the issue anymore but the year after the Colts won the SB (2006-7), SI had an article about the relationship between Manning and BB. Manning mentioned how BB was always trying to steal their signals and the colts were trying to steal theirs. He made no big deal about it, but rather was describing the gamesmanship between the two teams. Remember, none of this was illegal and even using a camera was not illegal. You just can't have it on the sideline.
I think we all understand the legality of it
Huh? How does this matter, other than exposing haters for the hypocrites that they are? And yes, Sanders and Irvin have been consistently in our corner.

Last I checked, stealing signals is perfectly legal and always has been.

Of course the Colts did that. If a team can do it, good for them. That's NFL football.

Unless I'm mistaken (which happens a lot these days) CameraPlacementGate is aptly named. The violation we got crucified for was not for stealing signals but using a camera in the wrong location.
Ding ding ding!

It's unraveling :eek:

The thing with these #scandals is that they only go as far as the general media will take them. We've seen with #delategate how quickly the public's perception can be shaped if the media throws enough info (correct or not) into the public domain.

All the NFL really has to do (as they have done on numerous other occasions, is just stay silent and let the situation die out) - it needs a big media outlet to take it and run with it, then the others will join in (afraid that they are being left behind) with their own 'hot takes'.

I do love Sanders as a media guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back