PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deon Sanders "everyone knew what Indy was doing stealing signs"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I respect your opinion, I guess I just don't see/hear it.

When I watch him, he seems like the star athlete who never had to try in school because of his athletic gifts, and because of those athletic gifts, he's now under the impression it makes him intelligent as well.

Perhaps you could provide some examples? Because I just don't see it.

"I am a classy individual" dost tho not remember? He lacks brains.

This is stunning!

For the first time ever, an ESPN writer actually has correctly summed up the spygate allegations:

"...the Patriots broke the rules by videotaping the opposition's signals from an unauthorized location."

-Mike Wells, ESPN Staff writer
Dungy says Colts stole signals but didn't cheat

So they are saying...
not that the Pats taped signals and taping is always illegal,
not that they taped practices (which never happened in the first place),
not that "Hey, we don't know what they taped, Goodell destroyed everything!"

but precisely they are saying that the Patriots taped signals from the wrong spot in the stadium, when taping from other spots would have been OK

We are making progress, folks!

Slowly but surely!

It's more probable than not that Mike Wells will be sent to an ESPN re-education camp and will be telling us how the Patriots film practices and use the Gillette Stadium lighthouse to hypnotize opponents by springtime.

It's more probable than not that Mike Wells will be sent to an ESPN re-education camp and will be telling us how the Patriots film practices and use the Gillette Stadium lighthouse to hypnotize opponents by springtime.

We may never hear from him again.

At the time of Spygate, I believe it would have been legal to have 100 cameras in the stands trained on the Defensive Coordinator beaming directly to a camp in North Korea for 1,000 conscripted analysts to pore over.
And they could still legally do it today.

It is more probable than not that Manning knew about the cheating.

Asterisks, draft picks, blah blah blah...oh wait, Irsay is going to share cocaine with us?

Never mind, it's cool.

This is stunning!

For the first time ever, an ESPN writer actually has correctly summed up the spygate allegations:

"...the Patriots broke the rules by videotaping the opposition's signals from an unauthorized location."

-Mike Wells, ESPN Staff writer
Dungy says Colts stole signals but didn't cheat

So they are saying...
not that the Pats taped signals and taping is always illegal,
not that they taped practices (which never happened in the first place),
not that "Hey, we don't know what they taped, Goodell destroyed everything!"

but precisely they are saying that the Patriots taped signals from the wrong spot in the stadium, when taping from other spots would have been OK

We are making progress, folks!

Slowly but surely!

What is this ESPN entity you are writing about? :D

Bump to not let this topic buried in the celebration threads. :)

I am up for doing anything to reveal the truth of previous '-gates' and expose the sleaziness and 'integrity' of Godawfulhell, the NFL*, and the coaches/players who had smeared - and continue to smear - us.

The local honest reporters (Wilbur, Reiss, Curren etc) don't have a national audience and hence whatever they write is probably going to be read/discussed/raised in the well of NE only.

Whereas, PFT, Sally Jenkins etc have a broader appeal and could have more leverage in shining more attention to this.

Any suggestions on how to give life to this topic so that national reporters can look @ it with fresh eyes and ask the right questions?

Even if this doesn't get traction (which it won't) we will at least have something to point to the next time some ignoramus tries to claim that nobody was stealing signals.

ESPN' s apparent case of " getting religion" was short-lived. Yesterday morning Mike and Mike discussed this subject at some length. The discussion was prefaced by an agreement between the two that Dungy is the most respected person in pro football. Golic then went on a tirade against Sanders, characterized by indignation that Sanders could not see the difference between visually stealing signals (legal) and stealing them by taping (illegal.). Greenberg, naturally, responded by periodically nodding his head while drooling in deference to Golic's expertise as an ex-player and offering his opinion at the end that taping signals seemed a relatively minor violation. By that time, my ears were bleeding, I'd awoken half my neighborhood while it was still dark out by screaming and was hoping that the blizzard would permanently destroy all of Bristol, CT. What ***holes...

ESPN' s apparent case of " getting religion" was short-lived. Yesterday morning Mike and Mike discussed this subject at some length. The discussion was prefaced by an agreement between the two that Dungy is the most respected person in pro football. Golic then went on a tirade against Sanders, characterized by indignation that Sanders could not see the difference between visually stealing signals (legal) and stealing them by taping (illegal.). Greenberg, naturally, responded by periodically nodding his head while drooling in deference to Golic's expertise as an ex-player and offering his opinion at the end that taping signals seemed a relatively minor violation. By that time, my ears were bleeding, I'd awoken half my neighborhood while it was still dark out by screaming and was hoping that the blizzard would permanently destroy all of Bristol, CT. What ***holes...

Nice summary, thanks! I could visualize exactly what you wrote so well because I had taped their show on TV (first time!) that aired on Monday to see what they discussed about the SB and the Pats. I was surprised to see their genuine praise for the Pats and more impressed how they dissed Godawfulhell for the deflagate saga; they took extra pleasure in playing twice the crowd booing, how Kraft politely ignored him, and how the crowd chant turned into cheers once Kraft took over. :)

Back to what you wrote: so Golic never bothered to realize that the same taping from a different area is legal?

The failure to ask that simple question is mind boggling.

Even though Greenberg concludes that it is a relatively minor violation, why not inquire that it could be even more minor if he just paused to ask that simple commonsense question?

Had he had pursued deeper into the difference between the memo and the rule book, he would have realized that BB's interpretation was quite justified and that even this now minor-est-minor :D 'violation' deserves nothing more than a stern fine (because they can claim it was the second time that the memo was sent).

And then if he compares the smear and the penalties that the Pats went thru, he might have an inkling as to what the Jets commy did really do to the 'integrity' of the game and the effect it had on the teams, the coaches, players and also us fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back