PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Free Agent Signings around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 playoff teams already..wow

Big $$ guy here

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m

How much interest has DeMarcus Ware received? Six playoff teams have called. He’d like to move quickly if possible.

When gronk is 100%...i am not sure anyone in the NFL is a gronk killer

He is less than 100% at least once per season thanks to several Gronk killers - TJ Ward being one of them.

Never attempted to imply that the Patriots were better off or had no poitions in need of being upgraded; just trying to point out that even a very good team like Denver has plenty of holes and concerns too - even after a big name signing.

Just trying to offer a bit of perspective.

I hear you pal, I am just surprised to see this much movement and have us not even retain one of our own players.

There will always be Chicken Littles. There will always be those who cry and whine because we didn't sign the one or two Day One (I guess I mean HOUR ONE) players that signed contracts that we think are reasonable. The rest of us will wait, and reserve the right to complain if we still have holes going into camp.

SOME THOUGHTS
1) We indeed have lots of players who were injured last year. This means that there will likely be improvement over 2013 even only a few come back strong.
2) We indeed have 10 free agents wo need to be replaced (only Talib and Edelman are considered major issues). This is a very manageable number.
3) We have about $15M of cap room and could easily free up another $10M.
4) We do need additions at TE, DE and SS. It is likely that we will draft a TE or two.

For those for whom the Belichick is just not good enough, the sky is falling. For the rest of us, this offseason is business is usual, with fewer issues/holes than most (certainly less than last offseason).

We are not any better off –

- #1 RB is a UFA
- #1 WR is a UFA
- #2 WR had surgery to repair a stress fracture in his foot yesterday and is now recovering
- #3 WR is recovering from a torn groin muscle
- #1 TE is recovering from a torn ACL and MCL
- #2 TE is in county jail held without bail
- #1 OC is a UFA
- #1 RT is recovering from a broken leg
- #1 NT is 32 years old recovering from an Achilles rupture
- #1 DT is 33 years old and recovering from a torn ACL
- #1 MLB is a UFA
- #1 OLB is recovering from a torn pectoral muscle.
- #1 CB is a UFA
- #2 CB is in jail for a probation violation
- #3 CB is recovering from groin surgery
- #1 SS was cut earlier this offseason

Other than that, we are in great shape though....:D

Pretty sure in terms of Patriots football, Bernard Pollard is THE Antichrist

We are not any better off –

- #1 RB is a UFA
- #1 WR is a UFA
- #2 WR had surgery to repair a stress fracture in his foot yesterday and is now recovering
- #3 WR is recovering from a torn groin muscle
- #1 TE is recovering from a torn ACL and MCL
- #2 TE is in county jail held without bail
- #1 OC is a UFA
- #1 RT is recovering from a broken leg
- #1 NT is 32 years old recovering from an Achilles rupture
- #1 DT is 33 years old and recovering from a torn ACL
- #1 MLB is a UFA
- #1 OLB is recovering from a torn pectoral muscle.
- #1 CB is a UFA
- #2 CB is in jail for a probation violation
- #3 CB is recovering from groin surgery
- #1 SS was cut earlier this offseason

Other than that, we are in great shape though....:D
You forgot about a 32 year old offensive right guard that half of this message board wants to cut.

I hear you pal, I am just surprised to see this much movement and have us not even retain one of our own players.
You can always look forward to another season of Danny Aiken and Michael Hoomanawanui.

Yippee! :p

You forgot about a 32 year old offensive right guard that half of this message board wants to cut.

On the other hand he's still including the Prisoner as TE#2, and apparently Dennard will not be available this year.

We are not starting the season tomorrow. Personally, I think that Kelly will be extended. I am fine with adding a defensive lineman, but it isn't like we really are counting on Sopoaga.
We start with Kelly, Jones, Siliga, Vellano, Sopoaga, and Armstead at DT. I agree that we could use an upgrade. That upgrade could come in the first round of the draft if we can get our secondary additions in free agency.

A 33 year old defensive tackle recovering from a torn ACL and a 32 year old year defensive tackle recovering from a torn Achilles Tendon. :(

Can you say walking wounded? :p

He is less than 100% at least once per season thanks to several Gronk killers - TJ Ward being one of them.

I think they could find someone who could hit someone in the knee with their helmet.

On the other hand he's still including the Prisoner as TE#2, and apparently Dennard will not be available this year.
Don't drop the soap while in the shower. ;)

They're really keeping their powder dry, I don't blame the more jumpy for going crazy at this point.

How many signings have really taken players we coveted at the price. I'll need confirmation on ward's contract, but that's the only one i see so far. Lots of dollars for players that are good but not great, overpriced, or not fits to our system or needs so far, I'd say.

So far it's been a dumpster fire. Not sure why that metaphor is so powerful. Is there something about a dumpster fire that is especially egregious? Nevertheless I think it fits.

Re: Free Agent Signings around the Leagueko lindva

Lindval joseph would have been perfect. Letting him get away = dumpster fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents