PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Football is America?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayClay

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Saw this tweet from Willie and just got enraged by the message. On this weekend, where the corrupt and unaccountable commission has decide to wreck what should have been one of the best opening week games in memory, we're supposed to lap up this propaganda blaming America.

Football is not America. At it's most corrupt, America has still been a country of laws and a democracy.

The NFL, by contrast, belongs on RT, thr Russian propaganda network and Goodell is as bad as Putin, worse in some ways.

I replied with my opinion. If Brady's ridiculous suspension is lifted and Goodell impeached, the NFL might once again be compared to our country.

Saw this tweet from Willie and just got enraged by the message. On this weekend, where the corrupt and unaccountable commission has decide to wreck what should have been one of the best opening week games in memory, we're supposed to lap up this propaganda blaming America.

Football is not America. At it's most corrupt, America has still been a country of laws and a democracy.

The NFL, by contrast, belongs on RT, thr Russian propaganda network and Goodell is as bad as Putin, worse in some ways.

I replied with my opinion. If Brady's ridiculous suspension is lifted and Goodell impeached, the NFL might once again be compared to our country.

The word is Football, not "NFL".

To imply Goodell is Putin would be giving him too much credit. Goodell is a dink. He is empowered by people like Bob Kraft. Haven't we been over this narrative over and over and over again???

Football is run by billionaires (Kraft, Mara, Biscotti, Irsay, Bowlen, etc) who hide behind a puppet Commissioner who tricks the masses into thinking it is a single renegade commissioner who runs the show.

How is this different than America? (Run by billionaires who hide behind...)

Like Football, I love America, too. Football and the NFL as it stands could only survive in a place like America.

The United States Constitution is America. That is what the founding fathers fought for to give us the people freedom and not to live under tyranny. We must not let anyone take that away from us.

It would be great if the NFL adopted a constitution giving the players, the ones who put their bodies on the line, some rights.

The NFL is the issue, not the game of Football.

The NFL is the issue, not the game of Football.

I agree, that's why I hope some of these billionaires are exploring a startup league so they can be ready by the lockout/reappointment of Goodell. I watched the NFL, though I was young, but was still thrilled at the new, more wide open AFL.

You can't say that something which has happened, can't happen.

It's produced by NFLops on the NFL and it's only about the NFL, as far as I can see.
Yup. If the CFL did it it'd be CFL teams. If the NCAA did it it be college teams. If Pop Warner produced it, it be kids.
Still the word used is "Football" not even "pro-football."

Yup. If the CFL did it it'd be CFL teams. If the NCAA did it it be college teams. If Pop Warner produced it, it be kids.
Still the word used is "Football" not even "pro-football."

Are you saying those leagues also produced similar videos? It's produced by NFLops, broadcast by the NFLnetwork and scheduled to run on the day Tom Brady serves the first week of his sentence. That bothers me. It's propaganda, to distract from fixing games and corruption.

Football is about $MONEY!!!$... PERIOD!!! It's not about skill or competitiveness. It's about every, casual fan, getting a taste of their teams success. A happy, proud fan buys Jerseys, hats, tickets, watches TV sponsors.. etc. When you don't follow the parity system, you get fined, suspended, embarrassed, framed.... you'd think we were living in a communist country or something. It's almost unreal

Football is about $MONEY!!!$... PERIOD!!! It's not about skill or competitiveness. It's about every, casual fan, getting a taste of their teams success. A happy, proud fan buys Jerseys, hats, tickets, watches TV sponsors.. etc. When you don't follow the parity system, you get fined, suspended, embarrassed, framed.... you'd think we were living in a communist country or something. It's almost unreal

You know what pisses me off? I don't mind businessmen making money, they should. The one all time great player in the league, with his team facing one of the best opponents; a perfect matchup, isn't going to play and the league is going to lose money.

What in blue blazes is the reason to cut your **** off to spite one team? Money makes sense. this league and it's owners are destroying the product!!!!!!!!!!!! It's insane!!

From a twist reality, I think NFL is actually america, and Goodell is the perfect representation of corporate america's elites. I bet there are so many more CEOs are just like him, or worse than him. Hence why the owners are so happy with him and happily extend his power over the league and players, because he is the perfect product of corporate america.

I think Goodell is more like Kim Jong Un. An incompetent dumb **** who fell ass backward into a position of power so entrenched that there's no danger of him losing it. Not that he won't do his best to **** up everything anyway, all but ensuring that the troubled, flawed institution he runs will have no chance of righting ship for the simple reason that a clown like him is running it.

From a twist reality, I think NFL is actually america, and Goodell is the perfect representation of corporate america's elites. I bet there are so many more CEOs are just like him, or worse than him. Hence why the owners are so happy with him and happily extend his power over the league and players, because he is the perfect product of corporate america.

He is, but despite corporate control, we still have a court system and voting in America.

I really hope any wealthy person that has wanted a football team is preparing to start a league as soon as the NFL locks the players out. Since their is no democracy, or rights, or even rule of law in the NFL, it's the only way. War, let the best win.

What in blue blazes is the reason to cut your **** off to spite one team? Money makes sense. this league and it's owners are destroying the product!!!!!!!!!!!! It's insane!!

Ego, greed and jealousy are powerful emotions.. I think that a lot of this came from some of the other owners resenting Kraft and the Patriot's successful rise to power

You know what pisses me off? I don't mind businessmen making money, they should. The one all time great player in the league, with his team facing one of the best opponents; a perfect matchup, isn't going to play and the league is going to lose money.

No, they're not. In fact, I bet NE@ARI tonight will get better ratings than it would have if Brady were playing.

America is a ****show, kind of like the NFL. Like the NFL, America is better than the alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back