PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio thinks the Ravens prepared to play dirty

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Interesting comment from Florio about 1:00 in to NBC Sportstalk clip with Peter King

10 things to know for Friday night, from NBC SportsTalk | ProFootballTalk

Basically Florio says that the Ravens may be prepared to accept some penalties and even fines in the course of the game if it means injuring Brady and his hurt shoulder and take him out of the game.

Hopefully the refs will be on the lookout for that sort of thing and treat it harshly

Interesting comment from Florio about 1:00 in to NBC Sportstalk clip with Peter King

Basically Florio says that the Ravens may be prepared to accept some penalties and even fines in the course of the game if it means injuring Brady and his hurt shoulder and take him out of the game.

Hopefully the refs will be on the lookout for that sort of thing and treat it harshly

If I see any of that **** going on, I'll get in my car, drive to Gillette and kick some Ravens a** myself! :mad:

Florio is an idiot.

Brady will get the ball out before they can touch him, no biggie.

Really? Lol. They make it sound like this isn't the same injury he's had since the Dolphins game and will be Brady's first game playing with the injury. Talking heads are talking heads. Non-issue.

If they get to Brady they are going to hit him as hard as possible whether he's hurting or not, nothing will change. If anything we should be happy they'd target his non-throwing shoulder instead of ...you know, his throwing shoulder, or head, or knees.

Florio is a gossipy, unaccountable, muck peddler though.

Really dumb of them to talk like that if that's the basis of what Florio is saying. It's not as if the refs don't go on the internet and most of them are fans too.

Bottom line, though, is that the officials can treat it as harshly as they want, but a big fine won't do us any good if Brady's out of the game. The O-Line better be ready to play.

Florio is a gossipy, unaccountable, muck peddler though.

Basically he is saying any team in a conf championship game should cheat and try to injure the QB if he is good.
Sadly he tries to make it out like this is news about the Ravens plans when he created it in the recesses of his own mind.

Really dumb of them to talk like that if that's the basis of what Florio is saying. It's not as if the refs don't go on the internet and most of them are fans too.

Bottom line, though, is that the officials can treat it as harshly as they want, but a big fine won't do us any good if Brady's out of the game. The O-Line better be ready to play.

Florio made it up, the Ravens haven't said that.

Florio made it up, the Ravens haven't said that.

yeah, I made the cardinal error of assuming that F-lie-io was actually basing his report on something accurate. My bad and a hundred lashes with a wet noodle for me! :bricks:

But who would put it past a team like the Ravens?

I dont know, maybe that they have never done it before?
What Florio is suggesting is the equivalent of sacking Brady then when he is on the ground breaking 2 fingers on his throwing hand, risking penalites, fines and suspensions so you can make it to the SB.

But who would put it past a team like the Ravens?

It's not all bad that the refs have it in the back of their minds, though, even if it isn't true; a quick whistle for 15 yards in the first quarter might help. The idiot might actually have done the Pats a favor.

Well if this causes the reffs to watch the ravens all the better.

I was saying this yesterday. For all their "quiet confidence" right now, they know there's no way their D is going to stop the Pats unless they take out Brady, Gronk, or Welker. Flacco and their offense putting up more points than us (as things stand) is just plain laughable.

A 15 yarder and ejection is a small price to pay for a chance to go to the SB.

I don't think that's the point if the Ravens are willing to take penalties and fines for late hits.

I say go for it then, give this offense a free 15 yards a couple times throughout, and they'll be in for an even longer day. Brady is a tough guy, don't think he gets enough credit for it outside of NE. Probably because you don't hear him being a drama queen (Rapelistburger) about a lil' boo-boo.

Ravends D if your listenening, The best way to win this game and advance is to take your cheapest shot early and knock TB out of the game.

Thanks and GL Florio:halo:

:nono:

Last edited:
Maybe the Raven started this rumor in hopes of getting in Brady's head?:confused:

Just a theory....

Doesn't Bernard Pollard play for the Ravens?

If you want a player who knows how to take down Brady for the game...it's Pollard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down