PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio thinks the Ravens prepared to play dirty

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, I agree every team including colleges teaches to tackle by the helmet.

He went for the ball. Even the whiney ass Steeler fans are calling the clown that posted the video an idiot.

I give up though. This is your board and I'll lose any argument I present. Here's to a good game.

I fail to see how that play is dirty.

It is a blow to the head, but the ball's up in that area, and it's not surprising that a would-be sack/pass rush move would be to try for the ball.

It's an illegal hit, but I wouldn't call it dirty.

Again, I know this is your team's message board and it's full of hyperbole but when have the Ravens ever played dirty?
Every single time they lose, they blame it on the officials - every time. Watch Harbaugh (one of the two most obnoxious coaches in the NFL - the other is his brother) when a call or a failed challenge goes against him. He has this smirk on his face and his nose twisted as if someone just broke wind under his nose. Just once, when the Ravens lose, I'd like to see them come out and say that they were beaten by a better team. But it won't ever happen as long as they're led by Harbaugh and his collection of whine-babies. I guarantee you if the Ravens win tomorrow, and that could happen, Brady, Belichick et al will give the Ravens credit, say the Ravens played better and not blame the officials. The Ravens are incapable of that type of "manning up." It's simply not in their DNA and it starts with their uppity coach. Ever notice how when he begrudgingly speaks positively about an upcoming opponent, he can't even refer to them by name? It's always by position - the QB, the receivers, etc. He's such a supreme narcissist that he needs to refer to them without acknowledging their identities. What a dink.

Last edited:
Every single time they lose, they blame it on the officials - every time. Watch Harbaugh (one of the two most obnoxious coaches in the NFL - the other is his brother) when a call or a failed challenge goes against him. He has this smirk on his face and his nose twisted as if someone just broke wind under his nose. Just once, when the Ravens lose, I'd like to see them come out and say that they were beaten by a better team. But it won't ever happen as long as they're led by Harbaugh and his collection of whine-babies. I guarantee you if the Ravens win tomorrow, and that could happen, Brady, Belichick et al will give the Ravens credit, say the Ravens played better and not blame the officials. The Ravens are incapable of that type of "manning up." It's simply not in their DNA and it starts with their uppity coach. Ever notice how when he begrudgingly speaks positively about an upcoming opponent, he can't even refer to them by name? It's always by position - the QB, the receivers, etc. He's such a supreme narcissist that he needs to refer to them without acknowledging their identities. What a dink.

So after that long drawn out rant is over, I still fail to see how they play dirty.

why would anybody be surprised that the Ravens would be up to playing dirty?

Heck...I would be surprised if they did anything else....

So after that long drawn out rant is over, I still fail to see how they play dirty.

Some of our fans think our Pats can do nothing wrong and the entire sporting world is out to get them. We have one of the biggest fan bases in the NFL, so its usually easier to find those types, though I'm sure all fan bases have them.

He went for the ball. Even the whiney ass Steeler fans are calling the clown that posted the video an idiot.

I give up though. This is your board and I'll lose any argument I present. Here's to a good game.

Deus Irae said:
It is a blow to the head, but the ball's up in that area, and it's not surprising that a would-be sack/pass rush move would be to try for the ball.

It's an illegal hit, but I wouldn't call it dirty.

It is a little bit tough to tell whole heartedly that it is dirty without seeing how he finished the play off (the youtube clip cut off there);

But for someone who was 'going for the ball'; how come his hands are focused on the helmet and neck area and not where the ball was ****ed back in pass position??
Also He seems to try to launch toward the upper part of the body rather than tackle by torso or hips and swipe/knock at the ball or run through the tackle/sack as most players do.

a lot of things happen in milliseconds on the football field; but it doesnt look right; you can be generous like Deus and just say illegal. I think the 'dirty' appelation does require more than one piece of evidence

(unless you are Bernard Pollard - then non-contrition counts as all the secondary pieces of evidence required)

Ravens players talk & act like little kids who think they're tough guys. Honestly, I think they actually believe they can beat up other NFL teams. Which anyone who knows anything about NFL footballl is a total joke.

All NFL players are tough guys and there is very little difference in how tough each team is....basically, they're all tough as hell.

Can the Ravens "beat up" the Patriots? Guess we'll find out today, huh fella's?:D

Florio is certainly a d-bag - the epitome of the current journalistic ethic of creating controversy out of thin air to boost ratings. However, he may be the proverbial blind squirrel on this one.

The Ravens defense is attack-based and has it's greatest success when they're playing at their most aggressive. They'll be doing anything they can to get to the QB and make their presence felt - hard. They'll be hitting pass-catchers early and hard. They'll be standing ball-carriers up and guys getting to the pile late will be trying to get strip-fumbles. They'll be jumping at the OL during the snap count trying to get false starts.

Such aggression often leads to penalties such as personal fouls of various types, but also to relatively ordinary things like offsides and DPI. In a high-stakes game like this, PF incidents are going to be equally high-profile and I seriously doubt that the Ravens defenders are going to seem anything like apologetic about them, which would lead to the perception, at least, that they came to "play dirty".

From the Ravens POV, though, screwing with pass-catchers timing (and health), making the QB/OL jittery, and thus possibly creating a couple turnovers might make a couple offsides and PF penalties worth the yards given up. And, if they win, they won't give a crap about what anyone says about them afterward.

Basically saying that he would not put it past the Ravens to play dirty. They are a thug team so I would not put it past them either.

Florio stating out loud what everyone knows.
Ugly, but the Ravens are definitively ugly.

Here is to hoping Gronk gets Pollard in on the festivities.

A couple of early calls against the Ravens could tilt them,
lose discipline.
The character is to be over-hyped, from Ray on down.

I was saying this yesterday. For all their "quiet
A 15 yarder and ejection is a small price to pay for a chance to go to the SB.

That's loathsome and disgusting attitude.

If the Patriots got to the Superbowl because of a pre-meditated hit on a Ravens player--with the intent to injure and knock him out of the game to gain an advantage--I would not watch the Superbowl and not root for the Patriots again until they cut the players involved.

The Raven are always prepared to play dirty...especially their number on criminal: Ray Lewis. I saw a nasty late hit by him in the Houston game and I expect more today.

Everyone is focused on what they will try to do to Brady but I expect that they will try to hit Hernandez in the head and give him another concussion (and probably end his career). This is almost a given.

If the Patriots got to the Superbowl because of a pre-meditated hit on a Ravens player--with the intent to injure and knock him out of the game to gain an advantage--I would not watch the Superbowl and not root for the Patriots again until they cut the players involved.

He was talking about the Ravens, not us.

edit: i do agree though

Last edited:

No more loathsome than Ray Lewis. Lewis deserves a few cheap shots after all the ones he has dished out.
The Raven will be looking to knock Brady and Hernandez out of the game so they don't get a lot of pity from me.

Last edited:
No more loathsome than Ray Lewis. Lewis deserves a few cheap shots after all the ones he has dished out.
The Raven will be looking to knock Brady and Hernandez out of the game so they don't get a lot of pity from me.

You're boys Felger and Mazz will be eating crow

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye