PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio thinks the Ravens prepared to play dirty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because you are misunderstanding the talents required to get the platform.
Knowledgable. Nope
Intelligent. Nope
Insightful. Nope
Controversial. Yup
Easy Dislkied. Yup
Arrogant. Yup

You forgot
Moral values. Nope;)

Last edited:
I do remember Harbaugh emphasizing that they need to win by any means necessary in last weeks post-game in the locker room.

I was saying this yesterday. For all their "quiet confidence" right now, they know there's no way their D is going to stop the Pats unless they take out Brady, Gronk, or Welker. Flacco and their offense putting up more points than us (as things stand) is just plain laughable.

A 15 yarder and ejection is a small price to pay for a chance to go to the SB.

Well if they hit him with the intent to injure I am pretty sure that player might get kicked out of the league.. But this never happens. Players don't try to end players careers over games. They will try to hurt him but not end his career.

It's hard for me to understand how this guy has gotten as big as he has. He has NO football knowledge and is one of the biggest media trolls. I can't understand why NBC gave him this huge platform.

Because, as Drudge found a niche for a news compiling site, Florio found a niche was there for sports news compiling. Adding on to that, he used the voracious appetites of sports fans for news, true or not, to create a rumor mill which helped drive the site to even higher heights.

Yes, he's a sanctimonious prick. Yes, he loves to play both sides of issues to stir up his readership. Yes, he's tried to use his position to influence the league. Yes, he's as full of crap as an overflowing septic tank. None of that matters, though, because he created a site that can now almost run itself. It's become 'must-read'.

Last edited:
Interesting comment from Florio about 1:00 in to NBC Sportstalk clip with Peter King

10 things to know for Friday night, from NBC SportsTalk | ProFootballTalk

Basically Florio says that the Ravens may be prepared to accept some penalties and even fines in the course of the game if it means injuring Brady and his hurt shoulder and take him out of the game.

Hopefully the refs will be on the lookout for that sort of thing and treat it harshly

I will chat with Lips personally if he tries to injure 12.

Suggs was pushed into his knees and missed yet still got a flag. The Ravens are not a dirty team. Just hard nosed and aggressive. We don't have any James Harrisons or Meriweathers on our squad.

Roughing The Passer: The Tom Brady Rule - YouTube

I see it differently. I agree you can't throw a flag on that because he essentially missed. Suggs was pushed but clearly takes advantage of the momentum from it and aims for the knees. Brady petitioning for the call is an entirely different matter.

meanwhile...in other late breaking news ...water has been found to be WET!!

more startling revelations to follow....now's here a word from our sponsor...

hi, sports fans...is your toilet backed up like a Florio an hour before deadline?....does it spew raw sewerage like a fire hose hooked to the Port-A John at ProFootballTalk?...well then,Bunky...YOU need to shock that septic system back into shape with Septic Shock...it not only cleans out the ol' crap mouth and mud slings as clean as a dead hooker's obituary, but it keeps the whole system spotless right on down the line....BUY IT TODAY!

photo.jpg

Well if they hit him with the intent to injure I am pretty sure that player might get kicked out of the league.. But this never happens. Players don't try to end players careers over games. They will try to hurt him but not end his career.

Nope. See Pollard, Bernard. When has a player ever been kicked out of the league for for a dirty hit?

Florio is interested in one thing and one thing only: Controversy or Stirring the Pot. More controversial he is, more page views and viewership. More outspoken he is, greater chances of becoming a radio or TV host.

Remember, he is NOT a journalist. He is an opinionated MUCK-RAKER who is in it for HIMSELF.

Best ignored.

Knowledgable. Nope
Intelligent. Nope
Insightful. Nope
Controversial. Yup
Easy Dislkied. Yup
Arrogant. Yup

I'm not gonna say it... I'm not gonna say it... I'm not gonna say it... I'm not gonna say it... I'm not gonna say it...

Personally, I believe the Ravens will try to take Brady out if the Pats take a big lead early -- say 21-0.

I can see Ray getting the team pumped up for the deed before the game with an "If I did it" speech on the (alleged) brutal murders, a la OJ.

Last edited:
See , i honestly feel that this kind of sports media circus created drama is aiding in the , what seems to me, increasing ammount of fan based violence as well. People see and hear ths kind of talk leading upto a game and start viewing what is a game, as total war.
That said, i do think that some players suffer from the same thing and can decide to take a low blow, espcially when losing. Can happen In any team in any game...

I have a hard time believing the Ravens will do anything blatant such as a late hit on TB after he clearly has let the ball go. Any player who does can expect the league to come down extremely hard on him. You can bet the rent money that guy will not play in the SB.
But I would expect a team like the Ravens to get chippy and cheap shot at the drop of a hat. Put it this way (to quote the original Longest Yard movie) "remember, any man you tackle gets an elbow, knee or kick in the mouth"

Last edited:
Personally, I believe the Ravens will try to take Brady out if the Pats take a big lead early -- say 21-0.

I can see Ray getting the team pumped up for the deed before the game with an "If I did it" speech on the (alleged) brutal murders, a la OJ.

If something happens to brady like that the game would not be allowed to finish. Everyone in boston would throw everything they can find on the field and riot inside and outside Gillette. The ravens players wouldn't be able to leave boston for a month.

People from boston can be some nasty mofos.

Last edited:
Ravens always play dirty. Nothing new about that.

Again, I know this is your team's message board and it's full of hyperbole but when have the Ravens ever played dirty?

People think the Ravens play dirty because they like act like big thugs like they're scary and ****. Guess what? They ain't scaring anybody in the Pats locker room.

I just think they're whiny babies because they act like they've been cheated out of the Superbowl because of Cry-Gate.

Arrogant, whiny, pseudo-tough blowhards? Yes. Dirty? Eh, not any more than most teams.

As for Florio, he's an arrogant, talentless, scumbag hack who has managed to make money by filling the niche of people who want to read gossipy bull****. And judging by the number of people who posts links here from PFT he's damn good at what he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes