PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio: Early Season Ratings Decline Continues for NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's because I haven't been watching. I haven't figured out a way to support my team without supporting the NFL. So I've gone cold turkey. It's been tough but so far I've managed it. If anyone can suggest a way can watch the games without allowing the NFL to count me as a viewer, I'd love to hear it.

My dad lives in Maine and has a Sling box. I downloaded the app - it's something like $15, so I can basically just watch his tv. He is watching anyway, so it doesn't change the viewer. That's a legal way to do it. Others have different ways. Also, I believe if you watched over a digital antenna, the old fashioned way, there would be no way to know you are viewing it.

Finished another season in Madden 12's fantasy franchise mode (won the super bowl in a shootout, 52-42. RG3's Colts almost got me, but defense finally got they **** together at the end.). Still haven't watched anything NFL, except a clip on vine of an Eagle's receiver dropping a TD pass (Matthews, I think). Still a struggle, and I'm actually excited about the Texans game, but I will not watch.

My dad lives in Maine and has a Sling box. I downloaded the app - it's something like $15, so I can basically just watch his tv. He is watching anyway, so it doesn't change the viewer. That's a legal way to do it. Others have different ways. Also, I believe if you watched over a digital antenna, the old fashioned way, there would be no way to know you are viewing it.

LOL.......this is analogous to somebody going on a hunger strike but eating someone else's food.....or going on a hunger strike but still showing up at restaurants.....or a little of both

I am all for canceling all that stuff. But to me not watching the Pats is insane. Isnt that sorta letting Goddell and the other owners win? That point of weakening the team is to have less wins and less fan interest from fans. Dont give them what they want.
No, letting them win is continuing to stuff their wallets after what they did. Everyone had their own personal agendas in this, but I guarantee not one of them included fewer net fans for the league.

Most people don't like when the fix is in.
Unless you are patterning your business after the worldwide wrestling Federation.
The difference is if course is that the WWF is led by Vince McMahon who only plays at being an incompetent, self-righteous buffoon.

Spy gate started it but Deflategate really buried the spike and killed a large part of my enjoyment of football. I used to be that guy who had NFL network on for a couple hours everyday and Sundays were something my family planned around cuz if they tried to do stuff while the pats were on they could do it without me. Ever since the absurd punishments were handed down I have not turned on one sec of that Network. I have not bought a single thing with the NFL logo and have told friends and family to return christmas presents that do. At first I was going to stop watching pats games as well I was so mad but I have broken on that. Now it's more of if I am home with nothing to do great I will.enjoy a game but no pregame post game anything that is not the pats playing. I hope the NFL burns and while I totally get I am a drop in the ocean I hope enough drops get together for those ***hats to feel it in the only place that matters. The wallet

Can't quit the NFL cold turkey but I've successfully cut back.

No more fantasy football (I don't miss it at all---boy what a wasteful time suck that was!)
No more betting on games.
Have not watched a single minute of any non-Patriots games, ESPN, or NFL network this season.

I'm happy that the Patriots are winning but even more pleased to hear that NFL ratings are down.

LOL.......this is analogous to somebody going on a hunger strike but eating someone else's food.....or going on a hunger strike but still showing up at restaurants.....or a little of both

How do you figure that? I was just answering his question. If I am watching the Patriots and they are on national TV, I will watch the game on national TV. I am not in the local market and don't have Sunday Ticket, so Sling is a good option. You make so many false assumptions it's ridiculous.

How do you figure that? I was just answering his question. If I am watching the Patriots and they are on national TV, I will watch the game on national TV. I am not in the local market and don't have Sunday Ticket, so Sling is a good option. You make so many false assumptions it's ridiculous.

take it easy there, tiger.......that should have been a reply to Hoodie's comment that you replied to

but you're in the same boat anyway

It's because I haven't been watching. I haven't figured out a way to support my team without supporting the NFL. So I've gone cold turkey. It's been tough but so far I've managed it. If anyone can suggest a way can watch the games without allowing the NFL to count me as a viewer, I'd love to hear it.

Pirated internet feeds. I mostly do that because I'm cheap but it would work in your situation too. As long as you don't mind the drop in quality.

Unless you are patterning your business after the worldwide wrestling Federation.
The difference is if course is that the WWF is led by Vince McMahon who only plays at being an incompetent, self-righteous buffoon.

I don't know about that. Decline in WWE's TV ratings has been even worse in recent years.

@ReverendMaynard's name is @ReverendMaynard and he's been watching football like it's going out of style. He PM'd me yesterday and said a lot of glowing things about Roger Goodell and Robert Kraft.

QNpMHhP.gif

;)

No, letting them win is continuing to stuff their wallets after what they did. Everyone had their own personal agendas in this, but I guarantee not one of them included fewer net fans for the league.

I agree everyone should run away from the NFL (merchandise, extra viewing, tix etc) who has any integrity. Especially after DG but to me tuning out my team and taking away my enjoyment is what Goddell wanted in the first place. NFL wanted the Pats a worse team that is not as enjoyable to watch. Given the way things are going I am getting a lot of enjoyment watching this plan of the NFL fail miserably as the team keeps winning.

I dont give any money to the NFL aside from the Pats game which I mostly watch in a public place. I thought the NFL was a joke before DG anyway especially with the obvious fix is obvious officiating.

Bottom line when you screw over one of the most successful and beloved (in his huge fan base) NFL players you deserve to have your viewership decline. Add to it this Kapperdink crap and a lot of fans who hold this country and flag in very high regard and you have a recipe for what is exactly happening - viewership is down and will stay down.

Can't quit the NFL cold turkey but I've successfully cut back.

No more fantasy football (I don't miss it at all---boy what a wasteful time suck that was!)
No more betting on games.
Have not watched a single minute of any non-Patriots games, ESPN, or NFL network this season.

I'm happy that the Patriots are winning but even more pleased to hear that NFL ratings are down.

same here, nothing but the actual pats game, dropping fantasy was so much easier and refreshing than expected, nice to watch a game adn not care how many pionts a player has...watched few mins of other games, but that will also be cut back

and only primetime games are games that they can include me in their viewership numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back