PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio: Early Season Ratings Decline Continues for NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
you guys.....keep up the good work......keeping track of television ratings is very important

you guys.....keep up the good work......keeping track of television ratings is very important

Kinda odd how in any thread where people express dissatisfaction with the NFL, you feel the need to be there posting more than any of them about how lame they are for caring. Working this hard to show everyone how little you care is completely self-defeating.

Kinda odd how in any thread where people express dissatisfaction with the NFL, you feel the need to be there posting more than any of them about how lame they are for caring. Working this hard to show everyone how little you care is completely self-defeating.

not as odd as the constant hand-wringing over TV ratings as well as the complete inability to move on in life

I'm not working hard at anything.......just pointing out silliness

I'd like to know how far now the ratings are in NE. I haven't watched a single minute of football other than the Patriots. Nor have a watching a single minute of any pre- game, post-game or anything else NFL related. I used to watch programming as much as possible. I know people will say "you're only punishing yourself" or "it's only a drop in the bucket that they'll never feel" but those same people will say the players get what they deserve for not taking the long term view vs the owners. If you don't start hurting them in the pocket nothing will change.

I'd like to know how far now the ratings are in NE. I haven't watched a single minute of football other than the Patriots. Nor have a watching a single minute of any pre- game, post-game or anything else NFL related. I used to watch programming as much as possible. I know people will say "you're only punishing yourself" or "it's only a drop in the bucket that they'll never feel" but those same people will say the players get what they deserve for not taking the long term view vs the owners. If you don't start hurting them in the pocket nothing will change.

do they do ratings for the pre games or post games?

I watch 5th quarter because it's fun to track the number of bodily function sounds BB makes during his presser

as for 'punishing yourself' or 'drop in the bucket', WTF does that have to do with they players not getting what they deserve in the long run? players don't want to hurt the revenue stream because regardless of what it is, they're getting a percentage of it

not as odd as the constant hand-wringing over TV ratings as well as the complete inability to move on in life

I'm not working hard at anything.......just pointing out silliness

Please explain how it's silly to care about the revenues and television ratings of a gigantic business but not silly to care about the actions of 53 grown men who dress in tights and try win at a theoretical game that does nothing to advance mankind...

The whole thing is silly, but we devote our time to it. No one is criticizing you for caring about the fate of a football team who in reality has no impact on your life, so why criticize those who care about the fate of a multi-billion dollar conglomerate? What we follow and care about is our own business, but you are really living in a glass house if you don't see the absurdity of constantly posting on an NFL message board and then waving your arms when other people go slightly beyond the boundaries of issues that are of importance to you (and we all know that really do care, or else you wouldn't be all over every NFL league post like a starving maggot on horse excrement.)

Please explain how it's silly to care about the revenues and television ratings of a gigantic business but not silly to care about the actions of 53 grown men who dress in tights and try win at a theoretical game that does nothing to advance mankind...

The whole thing is silly, but we devote our time to it. No one is criticizing you for caring about the fate of a football team who in reality has no impact on your life, so why criticize those who care about the fate of a multi-billion dollar conglomerate? What we follow and care about is our own business, but you are really living in a glass house if you don't see the absurdity of constantly posting on an NFL message board and then waving your arms when other people go slightly beyond the boundaries of issues that are of importance to you (and we all know that really do care, or else you wouldn't be all over every NFL league post like a starving maggot on horse excrement.)

Watching football is fun

the rest is ******** fueled by the need for revenge....incredibly pathetic in the grand scheme of things

Aren't there a bunch of posters who swore they would not watch the Pats for the first 4 games. If that is so they are missing some good ****.

Aren't there a bunch of posters who swore they would not watch the Pats for the first 4 games. If that is so they are missing some good ****.

Here's me taking that pledge:

LyingFingersCross_I_swear_4721.png

Kaepernich and company predictable TV viewing results. Only need to negatively impress a small number to hurt their player's own pocketbooks.

I was dead-set on boycotting the NFL entirely. But my will was not strong, so I've just been sticking to HD pirate streams instead. Have my cake and eat it too. Cancelled my Sunday Ticket, so there's that I guess.

I was dead-set on boycotting the NFL entirely. But my will was not strong, so I've just been sticking to HD pirate streams instead. Have my cake and eat it too. Cancelled my Sunday Ticket, so there's that I guess.
I am all for canceling all that stuff. But to me not watching the Pats is insane. Isnt that sorta letting Goddell and the other owners win? That point of weakening the team is to have less wins and less fan interest from fans. Dont give them what they want.

I just hate the ticky tack penalties that are called and there's lots of them. I like to watch a good competitive, gritty game and the nfl goes out of their way to take that out.

Let em play just a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back