PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio: Early Season Ratings Decline Continues for NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
same here, nothing but the actual pats game, dropping fantasy was so much easier and refreshing than expected, nice to watch a game adn not care how many pionts a player has...watched few mins of other games, but that will also be cut back

and only primetime games are games that they can include me in their viewership numbers

Well Eagles-Bears was primetime...

Just sayin'

Sorry Jimmy G, the league feels so empty without Brady. I've been doing the whole Hulu act on Sundays. Forget the NFL until Brady returns.

Nothing on our TV is actually real, its all scripted for our amusement. We fall for the heroes... the superstars and guess what the National Fraud League is lacking? Brady, the only superstar left.

Now that he's been tainted, humiliated and now distrusted among NFL fans, fans are probably weary of him too. It's sad because Goodell had about 2 more years left to take advantage Brady's ability to appeal to the masses. The supposed future -- Rodgers, Luck, Wilson, Newton have all shown the good signs of true suckage. The NFL will be done being dominate in about 2 years. They'll probably bring Tebow back, just to keep it afloat, because he, like Brady, is another superstar who appeals to the masses, and that haters love to hate for no real dang reason.

you know the whole deflate gate crap, how Goodell and his crew handled it really killed something for me with the NFL. I still watch every Patriots game, but i use to be the type that Sunday there was nothing on my TV besides football, watched all kinds of pregame stuff, didn't miss any Thursday or Monday night games....now I don't watch any pregame, unless like this Thursday where will be mostly about Pats, and while I may turn on other games, I only watch a little bit and than turn to something else. it's very different for me, but they made me lose alot of interest in the league, just not the Patriots.
It's the same for me as well. And I'm living in Argentina right now without many diversions so it's disappointing. In Boston I'd watch every game I could. Two and a half years later here I am not bothering with any non-Pats Thursday, Sunday or Monday night games. It's weird. And I have NFL GamePass so I can watch any game I want live. Most of the time I couldn't even tell you both teams playing on Monday night now. I hope the excitement comes back because I really miss it.

I'm not going to get into all of goodells bs, that would take awhile. One thing stands out to me is over saturation, to many football games. Football on sunday, sunday night, monday, thursday, its a diminishing return on utility situation. Like someone said, always leave the audience wanting more. Then add that to all the new rules and fines, and the terrible refereeing,

I think in addition, this year, the league's two biggest marquee players aren't playing. Manning's retired, Brady's suspended. The casual fan (which is most fans) want to watch stars, not a bunch of random JAGS running around.

Sorry Jimmy G, the league feels so empty without Brady. I've been doing the whole Hulu act on Sundays. Forget the NFL until Brady returns.

Nothing on our TV is actually real, its all scripted for our amusement. We fall for the heroes... the superstars and guess what the National Fraud League is lacking? Brady, the only superstar left.

Now that he's been tainted, humiliated and now distrusted among NFL fans, fans are probably weary of him too. It's sad because Goodell had about 2 more years left to take advantage Brady's ability to appeal to the masses. The supposed future -- Rodgers, Luck, Wilson, Newton have all shown the good signs of true suckage. The NFL will be done being dominate in about 2 years. They'll probably bring Tebow back, just to keep it afloat, because he, like Brady, is another superstar who appeals to the masses, and that haters love to hate for no real dang reason.

Agreed. Never been a fan of Manning, but the NFL seems incomplete without him and Brady taking the field in the fall and suiting up against each other in a well-hyped rivalry game. And again in the playoffs. Without them, I really don't know who the face of the league IS. I think they really want Luck to be it, but it's just not happening. We are a very lucky fanbase to have our guy back in a couple weeks.

What I've been saying from the beginning of the Gate era is that I pay (or used to) to see players play, and in Belichick's case sometimes pay to see coaches coach. However, I have never paid a dime (and never will) to see an owner own or a commissioner commish. I hate with a passion that those ***bags in control now are taking away the enjoyment of the game.

ReverendMaynard just called me on the phone and said that he'll still be watching Monday Night Football.

That signature is amazing!

That signature is amazing!
ReverendMaynard sent me a PM apologizing for the signature. He also told me that he's been watching more football than usual lately.

These guys are such idiots. The answer to their problem more nationally televised games with Brady. Oops...

Ratings should be down significantly for the MNF game due to the debate. They were predicting 100 million viewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News