PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Final Sox/Yanks series begins Tonight!!!

Were I a Sox fan, I wouldn't be anywhere near the Tobin like some are, but I'd be concerned about two things, who pitches after Beckett (who is a stud), and about who gets me to Papelbon come playoff time. Both teams have an equal shot should they both be in the playoffs.
I'm somewhat concerned about the first thing you mentioned (although Schilling and his 3.55ERA and 1.07WHIP since coming back from the DL is very encouraging), but the bullpen is fine. Timlin has been great since the ASB posting a 2.03ERA and 0.86WHIP, Delcarmen has been good all year averaging about a K per inning with a low ERA and WHIP, and Gagne has shown a tremendous improvement over his last 7 games (1.29ERA, 1.14WHIP). Plus, I assume that they'll use Buchholz out of the pen, and I don't think that Okajima can be completely written of just yet. The pen will be fine, Okajima or not.

Last edited:
I'm somewhat concerned about the first thing you mentioned (although Schilling and his 3.55ERA and 1.07WHIP since coming back from the DL is very encouraging), but the bullpen is fine. Timlin has been great since the ASB posting a 2.03ERA and 0.86WHIP, Delcarmen has been good all year averaging about a K per inning with a low ERA and WHIP, and Gagne has shown a tremendous improvement over his last 7 games (1.29ERA, 1.14WHIP). Plus, I assume that they'll use Buchholz out of the pen, and I don't think that Okajima can be completely written of just yet. The pen will be fine, Okajima or not.

You make very good points Foley, all supported by statistics no less. ;) As an aside, I think Buckholz is getting a start Thursday. I'm curious to see how he does.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back