PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FA part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
when you are one injury away from possibly having Dorsett as your number 1 WR I would call it a lot but not jam packed

Are you imagining some scenario where Edelman and Harry injure each other that makes Dorsett the number 1 WR?

I think Thomas will have more receptions for us that any we not named Edelman.

Normalized to receptions per game I think you might be right. Cumulatively who knows when he will actually join the team in practice and then on the field.

I think Thomas will have more receptions for us that any we not named Edelman.

If he can come back from injury, he can be a good deep threat. He’s not going to burn anyone with his speed, but he can grab a bunch of balls with his size. He or Gordon can be good replacements for Gronk in the passing game.

First, Edelman is currently injured and on PUP.

Second, I think it somewhat presumptuous to consider a rookie WR as our #1 or # WR before even one reception in the NFL.

Who was the last rookie WR to be #1 or #2 for the patriots? More likely is that Harry will learn a few roles, and hopefully learn them well.

Are you imagining some scenario where Edelman and Harry injure each other that makes Dorsett the number 1 WR?

First, Edelman is currently injured and on PUP.

Sure, today. We're talking about the regular season, yes? Otherwise what's the point?

Second, I think it somewhat presumptuous to consider a rookie WR as our #1 or # WR before even one reception in the NFL.

I think it's clear he's #2 based on pedigree.

I think it's clear he[Harry]'s #2 based on pedigree.
That's really unfair to the kid. A rookie - especially a rookie WR here - should be no higher than #4 on the depth chart. Even when Edelman returns, he & Dorsett & Harry are only 3/4 of a top 4 that clearly lacks another top-4-caliber receiver. We need a Big Dog.

Last edited:
That's really unfair to the kid. A rookie - especially a rookie WR here - should be no deeper than #4 on the depth chart. Even when Edelman returns, he & Dorsett & Harry are only 3/4 of a top 4 that clearly lacks another top-4-caliber receiver. We need a Big Dog.

Ideally he is the #3 WR but Dorsett is not a #2 so we need a #2 and he isn't here yet unless Gordon returns.

If he can come back from injury, he can be a good deep threat. He’s not going to burn anyone with his speed, but he can grab a bunch of balls with his size. He or Gordon can be good replacements for Gronk in the passing game.
I think he’d be something close to what David Givens was in 2003. Somewhere around 35 catches. Not necessarily a deep threat, but maybe more of a possession type of receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back