PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FA part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Miller think Pats, Browns are logical landing spots. And that we could move the cap space for him if we really wanted.

Also apparently wants to go to a SB contender.

when you are one injury away from possibly having Dorsett as your number 1 WR I would call it a lot but not jam packed

Edelman, Thomas, Harry, Dorsett, Harris, Inman, and Gordon - I call that pretty jam packed if Gordon returns and Thomas makes the team. You can sign Hurns, but you’d have to cut Harris or Inman.

Last edited:
Edelman, Thomas, Dorsett, Harris, Inman, and Gordon - I call that pretty jam packed if Gordon returns and Thomas makes the team. You can sign Hurns, but you’d have to cut Harris or Inman.

Yeah, but you can’t really include Thomas or Gordon at this point for obvious reasons. Also, I don’t think too many would have an issue with your last sentence, although I don’t know where the ST reps would come from. Lastly, you forgot to include Berrios, who is going to make this team, d%#*!@t.

I hope we sign him. Better player then Harris and Inman, great size and 3 years younger then Inman.
As a fan, I’m intrigued at the possibility of using Hurns as a possession receiver. Do you happen to know anything in regards to his injury situation? Has he fully recovered from that gruesome broken ankle?

Yeah, but you can’t really include Thomas or Gordon at this point for obvious reasons. Also, I don’t think too many would have an issue with your last sentence, although I don’t know where the ST reps would come from. Lastly, you forgot to include Berrios, who is going to make this team, d%#*!@t.

So say Gordon and Thomas come back, where does Hurns fit? He’s coming off a major injury and hasn’t been particularly productive since 2016. Is he that much better than Harris or Inman? If he signs, you are looking at a #6 or 7 WR...

As a fan, I’m intrigued at the possibility of using Hurns as a possession receiver. Do you happen to know anything in regards to his injury situation? Has he fully recovered from that gruesome broken ankle?
Was reading today he says he is 100% recovered with no limitations. Could be posturing but IDK. His release seemed cap-related IMO.

Inman was not giving off good vibes at the OTAs. Not sure if Hit Man is an upgrade?

So say Gordon and Thomas come back, where does Hurns fit? He’s coming off a major injury and hasn’t been particularly productive since 2016. Is he that much better than Harris or Inman? If he signs, you are looking at a #6 or 7 WR...
At the moment, it appears that we have Edelman, a rookie, and Dorsett. It’s not exactly awe-inspiring from my viewpoint.

At the moment, it appears that we have Edelman, a rookie, and Dorsett. It’s not exactly awe-inspiring from my viewpoint.

Ok, but I would wait for Thomas and Gordon situations to clear up. If those guys come back, then I don't see a need for Hurns. Like I said, Hurns' numbers have been way down from his best season in 2015.

Ok, but I would wait for Thomas and Gordon situations to clear up. If those guys come back, then I don't see a need for Hurns. Like I said, Hurns' numbers have been way down from his best season in 2015.

I can’t see Thomas making it through camp.

Bite your tongue.
Need to start grooming the next slot guy, and they didn’t seem to be too concerned with addressing it during the draft. Plus, he returns punts. In a perfect world he would be cut and then snuck through to the practice squad.

Need to start grooming the next slot guy, and they didn’t seem to be too concerned with addressing it during the draft. Plus, he returns punts. In a perfect world he would be cut and then snuck through to the practice squad.

There’s a certain team in the city where Berrios went to college whose new OC was Berrios position coach last season.

I can’t see Thomas making it through camp.
Maybe. I could also see Belichick keeping him on PUP until he’s healthy and the WR situation has become clearer. I could be wrong, but I thought that the guaranteed money was pretty cheap, so it may make more sense to wait.

Also, he has some familiarity with the McDaniels system, so that could be a key factor in the decision.

Not a FA, but FYI..

Jamal Adams & Derwin James will reset the market again.

Last edited:
There’s a certain team in the city where Berrios went to college whose new OC was Berrios position coach last season.
That means he knows the player better than most, which for this player may not be advantageous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back