PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FA part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
when you are one injury away from possibly having Dorsett as your number 1 WR I would call it a lot but not jam packed

Are you imagining some scenario where Edelman and Harry injure each other that makes Dorsett the number 1 WR?

I think Thomas will have more receptions for us that any we not named Edelman.

Normalized to receptions per game I think you might be right. Cumulatively who knows when he will actually join the team in practice and then on the field.

I think Thomas will have more receptions for us that any we not named Edelman.

If he can come back from injury, he can be a good deep threat. He’s not going to burn anyone with his speed, but he can grab a bunch of balls with his size. He or Gordon can be good replacements for Gronk in the passing game.

First, Edelman is currently injured and on PUP.

Second, I think it somewhat presumptuous to consider a rookie WR as our #1 or # WR before even one reception in the NFL.

Who was the last rookie WR to be #1 or #2 for the patriots? More likely is that Harry will learn a few roles, and hopefully learn them well.

Are you imagining some scenario where Edelman and Harry injure each other that makes Dorsett the number 1 WR?

First, Edelman is currently injured and on PUP.

Sure, today. We're talking about the regular season, yes? Otherwise what's the point?

Second, I think it somewhat presumptuous to consider a rookie WR as our #1 or # WR before even one reception in the NFL.

I think it's clear he's #2 based on pedigree.

I think it's clear he[Harry]'s #2 based on pedigree.
That's really unfair to the kid. A rookie - especially a rookie WR here - should be no higher than #4 on the depth chart. Even when Edelman returns, he & Dorsett & Harry are only 3/4 of a top 4 that clearly lacks another top-4-caliber receiver. We need a Big Dog.

Last edited:
That's really unfair to the kid. A rookie - especially a rookie WR here - should be no deeper than #4 on the depth chart. Even when Edelman returns, he & Dorsett & Harry are only 3/4 of a top 4 that clearly lacks another top-4-caliber receiver. We need a Big Dog.

Ideally he is the #3 WR but Dorsett is not a #2 so we need a #2 and he isn't here yet unless Gordon returns.

If he can come back from injury, he can be a good deep threat. He’s not going to burn anyone with his speed, but he can grab a bunch of balls with his size. He or Gordon can be good replacements for Gronk in the passing game.
I think he’d be something close to what David Givens was in 2003. Somewhere around 35 catches. Not necessarily a deep threat, but maybe more of a possession type of receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes