PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Excited about Leshun Daniels But..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really excited for this kid. I hope he can get some reps and excel in special teams too so that he can stick around.

Couldn't find anything more myself. Saw that we signed him, looked up his only highlight video on youtube and saw this tank running down the field and just wondered 1) How is this beast so under the radar and 2) why is there no more info on him?

Whew. Gotcha. I was talking to a friend about Randy Gregory's million drug test failures recently, so that was in the back of my mind.

I believe I heard/read a piece with Michael Lombardi candidly talking about the red flags associated with potential Roid jockeys.

They don't test as often in college (like all summer), so they watch out for these guys that gain an unnatural amount of weight in a short period of time only to drop off the map when they can no longer "juice it up" in the NFL.

Plus some of these guys break down after only a few short years. Shawn Merriman comes to mind. He seemed like a smallish guy that dropped of the cliff after about 4 years.

Which NE draftee was it that just recently said he could gain about 10 pounds a year in the next couple years. That's a good sign as that's a reasonable rate/expectation.

I read some place that he has a fumbling issue. If so, that could be a game stopper if it's not corrected.

He can try to fix it while he's on the practice squad, if he makes it there.

I believe I heard/read a piece with Michael Lombardi candidly talking about the red flags associated with potential Roid jockeys.

They don't test as often in college (like all summer), so they watch out for these guys that gain an unnatural amount of weight in a short period of time only to drop off the map when they can no longer "juice it up" in the NFL.

Plus some of these guys break down after only a few short years. Shawn Merriman comes to mind. He seemed like a smallish guy that dropped of the cliff after about 4 years.

Which NE draftee was it that just recently said he could gain about 10 pounds a year in the next couple years. That's a good sign as that's a reasonable rate/expectation.
That's because a lot of the gym rats, in their zest for muscle, forget all about the related effects of packing on muscle bulk in a short space of time. It never crosses their minds that their tendons and joints don't react in the same manner and require time to acclimate to the extra weight.

Read a scouting report on him. Maybe he lifts TO much, hes stiff, no wiggle, strait line runner with limited burst off the line. But in watching his highlight film he looked plenty fast to me.

He kind of reminds me of LeGarrette in his running style. He's just a little bit shorter and lighter.

He kind of reminds me of LeGarrette in his running style. He's just a little bit shorter and lighter.
I had originally posted a comparison of him to blount, but deleted it. He definetely faster than lgb once he gets going.

2e3BndKSU0Vm8.gif

How long till he fails a drug test? My goodness.

Struggling to embed apparently: Animated GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY
try this link:
Code:
https://gfycat.com/LavishCommonBarnacle

I think this kid is going to be Bolden's camp competition with Daniels landing on the PS in the worst case scenario. Outside of the fumbles, he's a downhill runner with 4.51 speed. I'd like to see him developed.

Stay tuned, only a starter for two years where last year he avg. 5.0 per rush, his father played college ball. Right now he is a JAG, we will see how much he wants this come late July..

Not much concern about his body type for some folks they get it, sure he has peed in a bottle more than once..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3