PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN is making me hate Brees

And going on to try to ruin her career on top of that.

And using his wife as a drug mule. "Allegedly."

Here is why Drew Brees is better than Peyton Manning: in 1 Super Bowl he threw for almost as many touchdowns as Peyton Manning did in all 4 of his.

On the other hand, it's pretty easy to refute that. Here's just one example

Here's why Peyton Manning is better than Drew Brees: He's been to more Super Bowls, and he's won more Super Bowls.

1. Brees beat the PM led Colts in the SB.
2. Brees and Brady are Gate brothers.
3. Brees defended Brady during deflategate.

Brees has been a class act and a great story throughout his career. No reason to hate on that guy.

The mid game celebration felt more like a "Brady dancing with his Uggs on" type of moment. haha

1-tom-brady-dancing.gif

Brees has been a class act and a great story throughout his career. No reason to hate on that guy.

The mid game celebration felt more like a "Brady dancing with his Uggs on" type of moment. haha

1-tom-brady-dancing.gif

Better than this moment...

18j4zk5gwt0xmjpg.jpg

On the other hand, it's pretty easy to refute that. Here's just one example

Here's why Peyton Manning is better than Drew Brees: He's been to more Super Bowls, and he's won more Super Bowls.

Pey-pey was an active detriment to his team on both Super Bowl runs. You don't deserve credit for just being on the roster and sucking wind.

Peyton Manning is the classic silver spoon coward. He's given every advantage his entire career and finds a way to squander it over and over again.

Brees won a Super Bowl for the Saints by balling out every single game. Before that they were just the subtropical version of the Browns.

That kind of leaves nothing but Peyton Manning being a stat whore, except Drew Brees now has the career passing record, and did it with a higher passer rating, fewer picks and higher completion %.

1-tom-brady-dancing.gif
Every time I see this I cringe! Is something wrong with me? :eek:

This forum lmao, snowflakes getting mad about entertainment

Life would be miserable being as quick to frustration and anger as a good deal of the people here, lmao.
I believe that the majority of us - the OP notwithstanding - are not "mad" or "frustrated" or "angry"; we are just calling out - rightfully so, IMO - the ridiculous, pink-hat buffoonery that the NYJFL has become, as epitomized by that choreographed hero worship sponsored by Fespn.

Pey-pey was an active detriment to his team on both Super Bowl runs. You don't deserve credit for just being on the roster and sucking wind.

You don't deserve credit just for a raw stat like TDs, either.

Peyton Manning is the classic silver spoon coward. He's given every advantage his entire career and finds a way to squander it over and over again.

Brees won a Super Bowl for the Saints by balling out every single game. Before that they were just the subtropical version of the Browns.

That kind of leaves nothing but Peyton Manning being a stat whore, except Drew Brees now has the career passing record, and did it with a higher passer rating, fewer picks and higher completion %.

Brees won a SB for the Saints because Manning tossed a killer pick 6, and Sean Payton had the balls to call for an onsides kick.

Also, Brees has had 5 sub .500 seasons in New Orleans.

Peyton Manning is the second best quarterback of his era. Trying to put Brees ahead of him is folly.

I believe that the majority of us - the OP notwithstanding - are not "mad" or "frustrated" or "angry"; we are just calling out - rightfully so, IMO - the ridiculous, pink-hat buffoonery that the NYJFL has become, as epitomized by that choreographed hero worship sponsored by Fespn.

The second clause sure makes it sound like you're mad

C'mon, Captain. You didn't fix anything. That's either an extremely lame troll job, or you need to never go public with your QB evaluations again.

Manning was also REMARKABLY lucky with constant good health of his receivers over his entire career.

If we're talking passing yards, let's consider TOTAL passing yards and include playoffs...
Those totals are:

1) Peyton Manning 71940 reg season- 7339 playoffs—total 79279
2) Brett Favre ------71838 reg season-5855 playoffs---total 77693
3) Tom Brady-----67418 reg season—10226 playoffs- total 77644
4) Drew Brees-----72103 reg season—4209 playoffs-total 76112
Brady should pass Favre this week and hopefully pass Peyton in another 6 weeks to be the total passing yards leader

While part of me likes to include playoffs as it includes total tread on the tires part of me thinks it is unfair as not everyone gets the chance to play in the post season as much as others.

The interesting thing about Brees is that everything excuse said about Manning is actually true about Brees

Brees was let down by his defense multiple times.
Brees is not a choker
Brees should have been in the debate of who is better between him and Brady (until Brady won 4)
Brees would FOR SURE have more than 1 championship if he was in a better situation.

If you switch the teams Manning and Brees were on then Manning gets MAYBE 1 SB while Brees would have 3..... Maybe 4.

Those 06' Colts teams and 15' Broncos teams would have carried Brees just as much as they did Manning. The difference is Bree would have been able to actually cash in on other chances and not have pitiful choke jobs.

While the public and media opinion has always sided with Peyton Manning. Brees has proved to me beyond the shadow of a doubt he is the better QB.

The main difference between the 2 stat wise is Brees came to the NFL less ready than Manning (he had a rough few years) and unlike Manning he usually had to play super aggressive every game to try to win; leading to more Ints.

Also while people talk up the weapons Brees has had around them compared to Manning they aren't as good on the whole which inflates Manning's stats further.

Last edited:
I guess when you don't have very many Rings, all time total passing yards becomes something to celebrate. I'm pretty sure Brady could care less about such a personal stat. Stopping a football game for that is ridiculous. It's a TEAM Sport, Morons!

While part of me likes to include playoffs as it includes total tread on the tires part of me thinks it is unfair as not everyone get the chance to play in the post season as much as others.

The main difference between the 2 stat wise is Brees came to the NFL less ready than Manning (he had a rough few years) and unlike Manning he usually had to play super aggressive every game to try to win; leading to more Ints.

Even with that Brees had a lower interception percentage than Peyton - 2.4% vs 2.7%.
Brees TD: int ratio is still better than Mannings by 2.18:1 vs 2.14:1.

C'mon, Captain. You didn't fix anything. That's either an extremely lame troll job, or you need to never go public with your QB evaluations again.
If I had to choose one QB from the past 20 years for one season, including POs, in their prime,
my choices in order are Brady, Brees, Rodgers...then the Fivehead...hey at least I have him ahead of Rivers & the Rapist.

If I had to choose one QB from the past 20 years for one season, including POs, in their prime,
my choices in order are Brady, Brees, Rodgers...then the Fivehead...hey at least I have him ahead of Rivers & the Rapist.

OK

You have lost all credibility on QB evaluations. So at least we know that, moving forward.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back