PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN is making me hate Brees

I thought this was way over the top bringing his family out on the field and then him mic’d up giving his kids a Tony Robbins speech. Then they have the f***ing guy from the Hall of Fame there? WTF? Almost like it was rehearsed.

Can’t believe they stopped play for that.

When Brees beat the most consecutive games with a pass TD record held by Johnny Unitas, Unitas' son was in the stands clapping, and the suspended Sean Payton was given special permission to attend the game.

I have I have a strong suspicion Brees will let us all know when he’s entering his final year. He wouldn’t want to miss out on any attention, but it’s all for a good cause, of course.

Manning and Brees do this crap. Brady and Rodgers don’t. That’s why I like Rodgers more than Brees. He may be arrogant, but even he sees how stupid it is to put on a pony show when he passes a random number.

I have I have a strong suspicion Brees will let us all know when he’s entering his final year. He wouldn’t want to miss out on any attention, but it’s all for a good cause, of course.

Manning and Brees do this crap. Brady and Rodgers don’t. That’s why I like Rodgers more than Brees. He may be arrogant, but even he sees how stupid it is to put on a pony show when he passes a random number.
What number has Rodgers passed that shows you he would handle it differently? Hard to know what he would do when he breaks a record since he’s never broken a record.

Can never "hate" Brees" as when the Saint won SB XLIV, I was in NOLA and know how much he meant to that town.. they really needed that win and that city really needed Brees...

Hard to blame ESPN for an NFL sanctioned action.. apparently they think that is what the viewers wanted.

If we're talking passing yards, let's consider TOTAL passing yards and include playoffs...
Those totals are:

1) Peyton Manning 71940 reg season- 7339 playoffs—total 79279
2) Brett Favre ------71838 reg season-5855 playoffs---total 77693
3) Tom Brady-----67418 reg season—10226 playoffs- total 77644
4) Drew Brees-----72103 reg season—4209 playoffs-total 76112
Brady should pass Favre this week and hopefully pass Peyton in another 6 weeks to be the total passing yards leader

Bree's is a great player, but his stats have certainly been elevated by playing in a dome just like Manning. Here are the career passing ratings for him, Brady, and Manning

Career Dome Outdoor
TB 97.5 109.0 96.9
PM 96.5 99.1 94.0
DB 97.1 103.2 90.8

It's clear who the GOAT is.

If we're talking passing yards, let's consider TOTAL passing yards and include playoffs...
Those totals are:

Brady should pass Favre this week and hopefully pass Peyton in another 6 weeks to be the total passing yards leader

And we know when this happens we’ll have the game stopped- Gisele and kids on the sideline, fans weeping, kum-ba-yah being sung....

NOT. :rolleyes:

Those totals are:

And I can bet there will be no celebration or acknowledgement from the NFL...

And I can bet there will be no celebration or acknowledgement from the NFL...
I would hope that the team would acknowledge it....
Stacey James are you reading this, hint , hint........???

Life would be miserable being as quick to frustration and anger as a good deal of the people here, lmao.

What does your friend think about Brees though?

Let’s be clear- it was a Nick Saban decision.
No one from that regime resides in the Dolphin front office.
By that logic, no decision ever would be the fault of an organization. Nick Saban was part of the Dolphins when the decision was made.

I thought this was way over the top bringing his family out on the field and then him mic’d up giving his kids a Tony Robbins speech. Then they have the f***ing guy from the Hall of Fame there? WTF? Almost like it was rehearsed.

Can’t believe they stopped play for that.
It's funny because I was complaining about the over-the-top celebration and my son said, "You're just mad it's not Tom Brady," and I said without even thinking about it, "Brady would be mad that they showed him on the Jumbotron. He would not have his family on the sidelines or agree to atop the game like that." Some guys talk that it's all about team. Others live it, I guess.

Those totals are:

And they'll show him on the Jumbotron looking down at his tablet and Giselle will be nowhere to be found.

It's funny because I was complaining about the over-the-top celebration and my son said, "You're just mad it's not Tom Brady," and I said without even thinking about it, "Brady would be mad that they showed him on the Jumbotron. He would not have his family on the sidelines or agree to atop the game like that." Some guys talk that it's all about team. Others live it, I guess.

He almost certainly would be fine with it

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back