PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eric Mangini wants to be Bill's friend again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a boring NFL News day... Cubby, "I gotta an idea let me talk to Mangini about BB"... Editor, "Sounds like a plan".

The bored, idle press strike again.. who gives a f....ck.

its time to bring eric back

he is, after all, part of the patriots family

to err is human.....to forgive, divine

539w.jpg
giphy.gif

Thank You for providing me an opportunity to find that old-man Nolan Ryan gif.

I could be wrong about how this plays out, but, if I were in Belichick's place, one thing would start Mangini on the road to redemption with me: Confession.

That is, stop dancing around the topic with how much you regret things and how unfortunate it was the way things played out. Come clean and admit that you had a guy taping signals also, what other teams you knew were doing it, and how it was just one of many factors that went into preparing for a future opponent. Basically, help expose the myth that only the Patriots were doing this and it was a huge factor in their success.

I don't think making those statements could damage Mangini's career prospects more than they are already are. At least saying something more substantial will be better than these semi-annual "I hope we can reconcile some day" interview.

Edit to add: Mangini could also say how he reached out to Belichick to warn him, but didn't mention that Tannenbaum and the league office were also involved.

Last edited:
I don't know I'm a quick person to forgive.

I honestly believe he didn't want it to become what it was.

Both teams were known to watch each other in the name of competition and sportsmanship.
Eric wanted to show off he wasn't Bills Lacky to his bosses and simply tried to get Bill to respect his team on their turf by having the camera guy removed.

Between Woody and the GM they attempted to embarrass the Pats and maybe get them fined, again this what rivals will do to each other; however Hitler Goodell and co ran with this and made it the second biggest witch-hunt in NFL history.

Mangini named his son after Belichick and owes every NFL check he cashed to him.

I'm sure he wishes it never happened.

Now the rumor of Mangini poaching players and coaches after the playoff loss and stealing team laptops and info is more troubling to me.

I can believe he didn't want spygate to occur but he attempted to weaken his ex employer and build up his new one.

That's also a tough situation in a sense if the info he grabbed was his own notes and scouting reports, then whether or not he was a Patriot when that occurred, I feel he is entitled to his own work.

However if it was agreed upon if he's ever on another team anything he collected or had when he was on the Patriots was considered solely team property then that's a different matter.

He should have asked BB respectfully if he could talk to coaches and waited for free agency before approaching Pat's players.

However we all know how the Jets and waiting for players to be free agency work.

...........That is, stop dancing around the topic with how much you regret things and how unfortunate it was the way things played out. Come clean and admit that you had a guy taping signals also, what other teams you knew were doing it, and how it was just one of many factors that went into preparing for a future opponent. Basically, help expose the myth that only the Patriots were doing this and it was a huge factor in their success.................

I'm pretty sure Bill would not want this dead corpse exhumed after these 10 years. Just a gut feeling.

Well all he has to do is do a public apology and give the Pats 2 first round picks and we will call it even I say.

Also let BB kick him belong the belt 1 time (Gost can step in for BB though as his rep)
F### the apology and draft picks. Howzabout you start with forking over the half-million dollars to BB that he got fined?

How about a real apology saying that he regrets making the complaint and why?

Go on record saying it was a common practice and that the league singled out the Patriots and overreacted.

Anything less, he can GFY.

Even more to the point, exactly what value would Mangini bring to the Pats as a coach, personnel person, scout, etc. that they do not already have without the reprehensible collateral. His NFL career has gone down in flames, poor dumb bastard. He's going to need to look seriously at opportunities at 2nd or 3rd tier college programs, but I doubt even the likes of Tufts (my alma mater) would be interested in whatever it is he actually brings to the table.

In other words, F him.

I could be wrong about how this plays out, but, if I were in Belichick's place, one thing would start Mangini on the road to redemption with me: Confession.

That is, stop dancing around the topic with how much you regret things and how unfortunate it was the way things played out. Come clean and admit that you had a guy taping signals also, what other teams you knew were doing it, and how it was just one of many factors that went into preparing for a future opponent. Basically, help expose the myth that only the Patriots were doing this and it was a huge factor in their success.

I don't think making those statements could damage Mangini's career prospects more than they are already are. At least saying something more substantial will be better than these semi-annual "I hope we can reconcile some day" interview.

Edit to add: Mangini could also say how he reached out to Belichick to warn him, but didn't mention that Tannenbaum and the league office were also involved.

THIS!!!!!!

Some things just aren't possible in this universe and any kind of amicable relationship between BB and this scumbag is never ever going to happen. Dead man walking!

You can forgive alot of things in this world, betrayal by someone who basically owes everything they have to you, is not one of them.

Ratgini would be lucky to be a ball boy without BB, and he paid him back by sullying his name. Frankly he is lucky that BB hasn't accepted his apology by asking him to go fishing on a lake with Rocco!

Sort of on-topic: I’ve been wondering this for a while but didn’t want to start a new thread related to SpyGate, because I hate threads about SpyGate :)

As we know, the only rule that was broken was that the camera was on the sidelines instead of from some other location. My question is, how much was that discussed in 2007 when this all went down? I feel like there was very little discussion about that at the time, even from pro-Patriots media sources (Reiss, etc.). I wasn’t on this board then (not sure it was even around?) but I’m sure there were other forums that would have discussed it.

Was the actual violation of camera placement covered up in 2007 and only became apparent as years went by? Or was it known, but just not focused on, because the media just wanted to take the Patriots down? Any links to articles at the time talking about camera location?

And they used to call him mangenius.

Jesus wept

Sort of on-topic: I’ve been wondering this for a while but didn’t want to start a new thread related to SpyGate, because I hate threads about SpyGate :)

As we know, the only rule that was broken was that the camera was on the sidelines instead of from some other location. My question is, how much was that discussed in 2007 when this all went down? I feel like there was very little discussion about that at the time, even from pro-Patriots media sources (Reiss, etc.). I wasn’t on this board then (not sure it was even around?) but I’m sure there were other forums that would have discussed it.

Was the actual violation of camera placement covered up in 2007 and only became apparent as years went by? Or was it known, but just not focused on, because the media just wanted to take the Patriots down? Any links to articles at the time talking about camera location?

The biggest hoopla was created when the Boston Herald alleged that the Pats were videotaping the Rams SB 36 practice, i.e they won the SB with actual illegal activity, tainting the win.

The fact that it turned out to be nonsense and the paper publicly apologized didn't matter as the myth became a widespread reality. 10 years later people are still confusing Cameraplacement gate with the invented practice videotaping including yours truly, Marshall Faulk.

Basically the same thing that happened with the false leaked info that created Deflategate. The lie spread, it took a while to be corrected and by the time it did, people had already pronounced the Pats guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes