PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Epic Battle of Elite QB's

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, seriously.... why does this forum allow trolls?

Let's review what needs to happen for Tom to sink to Ben's level, statistically.

These are facts, not speculation.

If Tom Brady throws 102 interceptions before he throws even one more touchdown pass, he and Ben will be equal in career TD/INT ratio (regular season)

If Tom Brady starts at QB for 44 more games and throws for a combined zero touchdowns in all of them, he and Ben will be equal in TD passes per start for their careers (regular season)

If Tom Brady starts at QB for 90 more games and the Patriots lose each and every one of them, he and Ben will be equal in winning percentage (regular season)

pretty revealing, right?

Yet still cannot be compared to Brady.

It just demonstrates HOW GREAT BRADY is compared to ANY OTHER QB in the history of the NFL.

That was my point. Big Ben is al all time great and first ballot HoF qb. That doesn't make him close to Brady. But the coming game is a match up of All Time reat NFL QB's that we don't see very often.

Let's review what needs to happen for Tom to sink to Ben's level, statistically.

If Tom Brady throws 102 interceptions before he throws even one more touchdown pass, he and Ben will be equal in career TD/INT ratio (regular season)

If Tom Brady starts at QB for 44 more games and throws for a combined zero touchdowns in all of them, he and Ben will be equal in TD passes per start for their careers (regular season)

If Tom Brady starts at QB for 90 more games and the Patriots lose each and every one of them, he and Ben will be equal in winning percentage (regular season)

pretty revealing, right?

Compelling, if not overwhelming.

If the OP had said that this was a big game between two strong teams with great QB's, I'd have skimmed the thread and let it go, even if putting the GOAT and Big Ben on the same level is inappropriate.

But to say that this is an historic, epic clash (or whatever he called it) between two great teams and two great QB's is nonsense.

First of all, as Deus pointed out, there are Brady v. Manning regular season meetings that were bigger.

Also, as much as I love my Pats, when compared to other teams in the BB/TB era, this is not one of the "great" Pats teams. It's a very, very good team that's been decimated by injuries and that could get its stuff together and put together a great run to the SB.

The Steelers this year have an extraordinary offense with Brown and Bell fed by one of the best QB's of his generation, Big Ben. But, especially without Shazier, their Defense is iffy.

So, this is a big game between two teams that will have gutted their way to the top of the AFC heap after 13 games, but it's not "epic."

PS: I know I shouldn't feed the troll, but sometimes I can't help myself.

One is the GOAT in his prime, the other is an aging rapist.

Maybe it’s just me and the OP’s excitement is understandable but I don’t think this will be a QB duel at all.

The Pats are not a great run stopping team this year statistically and based on what I saw last night the Steelers aren’t much better without Shazier. They are vulnerable. In fact if the Ravens kept to the ground in the last couple of drives the outcome might have been very different.

Obviously Bell is going to Bell... but the Pats CAN run too. Almost 200 rush yards per game the last 2 games. I think against the Steelers they have a great chance to make it 3.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
Assuming the Pats take care of business against the fish, next Sunday is setting up to be not only the most epic regular season clash in NFL history between two teams, but also between two quarterbacks.

Steelers #7 threw for his third career 500-yard game (all WINS) against the Ravens Sunday night, to carry an 11-2 record into the highly anticipated matchup against the Patriots on December 17th. (Tom Brady has only one 500-yard game in his career.) Even more impressive is the screen capture of the current league-leading passer, rusher, and receiver - also known as the "3 B's." From NFL.com, below, we see that Roethlisberger, Bell, and Brown each lead the league in yardage for their respective categories:

NFL Player Stats | NFL.com

not-sure-if-serious.jpg

Since we're cherry picking stats.

500+ yards
Ben 4-0
Brady 1-0

400+ Yards
Ben 4-6
Brady 9-1

300+ Yards
Ben 53 Games
Brady 82 Games

TD:INT
Ben 325:173
Brady 482:156

Playoffs

400+ Yards
Ben: Never
Brady : 1-0 (SB victory)

300+ Yards
Ben: 0-4
Brady: 9-3

TD:INT
Ben 25:23
Brady 63:31

Records
Ben 13-7
Brady 25-9

twins-1-copy.jpg

Obvious troll job but at the same time lots of delusion bleeding through. We've been through this many times in the past. Games of the century vs Colts, Cowboys, Broncos and Steelers to name a few. Playing the Pats for these other "elite" wannabee teams is their fans Superbowl. If they can beat the Pats they feel legitimate and relevant. "See we are elite, we are the best". The Pats loose less than any team this century. We have become spoiled and take it for granted. Gatekeeps don't know what that's like. They win their trophies on paper with stats and in regular season games.

I can't seem to find any stats about how Brady performed when being defended by the opposing teams offense, and vice versa....actually, the game will be how Brady performed against the Pitt " D " and how Rothelsburger will perform against the Pats "D". The Steelers D just gave up 38 to jump ball joe? WTF?

This is an epic game for sure. Biggest game in the NFL this season makes this epic.

Just yesterday, there was a game between 10-2 Philly and the 9-3 Rams. It was a battle between the top 2 picks in last year's draft. Based on NFC v. AFC this year, one could make a fair argument that said game was a bigger game than tonight's.

Or if he let his team get behind in games so he has to throw for 60 minutes.

Is it his fault though? Or the defense's? Ben put up 39 points against the Ravens D. That is good.

Seems to me we have 2 high powered offenses going at each other, defenses that have had success of late, but with holes in them to be exploited by the best the league has to offer; and Patriot fans looking at stopping Ben, Antonio and Leveon with Flowers hurt and Van Noy nicked should be worried.

Just yesterday, there was a game between 10-2 Philly and the 9-3 Rams. It was a battle between the top 2 picks in last year's draft. Based on NFC v. AFC this year, one could make a fair argument that said game was a bigger game than tonight's.

Rams are not ready for that moniker. Nowhere near the star power of the Patriots and Steelers.

Let's take a real world view of this ridiculous Brady to Ben comparison.

Brady - Five Rings

upload_2017-12-11_12-40-39.png

Ben - Two Rings
upload_2017-12-11_12-41-8.png

Five Star Hotel
upload_2017-12-11_12-34-33.png

Two Star Hotel
upload_2017-12-11_12-33-36.png

Five Star Restaurant
upload_2017-12-11_12-44-12.png

Two Star Restaurant

upload_2017-12-11_12-51-32.png

Five Star Car

upload_2017-12-11_12-52-40.png

Two Star Car
upload_2017-12-11_12-55-50.png

EPIC !!

I give the troll credit for coming here to talk cash **** when his team just squeaked by the Colts, Bengals, and Rodger-less Packers. Yeah, any given Sunday is a real thing, and anything can happen next week, but the Steelers are one of the weakest 11-2 teams I can remember.

pretty revealing, right?

Damn...well done.

I have concerns about this "epic" showdown:

1. Short week;
2. 3rd road game in a row;
3. Big Ben hinting at retirement- league seems to get "sentimental" about retiring QB and reflects that in the officiating-see regular season game vs. 2015 Broncos;
4. Steelers "team of destiny thing" means they won't give up when they fall behind-see 2015 Broncos.
5. The refs are going to f*ck us.

Comparing wins and losses is overrated anyway.:rolleyes:

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back