PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

End of an Era for NBA

You repeatedly wrote epicenter as you hyper ventilated and exaggerated what I wrote. But let's keep this sh-tty thread going since Rick Carlisle is on the Pacers now and there is zero relevant discussion about any sort of streak. And also strong validation from 1 resident that there is no racism in Boston anymore. Good enough for me!! This is awesome. Glad we can agree.

"You idiot"

Did I say that there was no racism in Boston? No

Did you ever respond to my question of, "Do you think Boston is the epicenter of racism?". No.

Before we all do a pat on the back *********** against Jay Williams (who is a bonafide idiot) a bunch of recent MLB players have shared experiences of racist heckling in the Fenway outfield the past couple years which I've also observed. So let's not pretend Boston doesn't have a reputation and also that segments of the population keep validating it in people's minds.

That is you spewing total BS. You're white knighting a racist theme and taking an undeserved dump on the city of Boston. You're such a hero.

Racism exists everywhere. Asia, Europe, the South and even in California.

The worst personal experiences of racism I've ever experienced with my Ex and kids was in NJ. Multiple times. We lived there for a couple of years. It was an issue. Never had that in Maine, New Hampshire and definitely not in Massachusetts.

So take your force fed opinion and hate of Boston and shove it up your ass.

So I started a thread about a topic that I know little about, and it completely evolved into something I know a lot about. Huh.

To clarify some definitions, and make the conversation more efficient: racism is by definition systemic, bigotry is individual. As individuals, we are being racist when we participate in a racist system. Even the most educated and well intentioned person can behave as a racist. It isn't by definition a statement about character or morality. It is exclusively about the impact of our behavior.

How racist is Boston, or any city? We can measure racism in a city with things like the distribution of funding for education, infrastructure, etc. And by the behavior of the private finance system when distributing mortgage and business loans. And by the content of policies with regards to employment. And by the behavior of the policing/justice system. There's no shortage of metrics. Idiots in the outfield isn't one of them.

So I started a thread about a topic that I know little about, and it completely evolved into something I know a lot about. Huh.

To clarify some definitions, and make the conversation more efficient: racism is by definition systemic, bigotry is individual. As individuals, we are being racist when we participate in a racist system. Even the most educated and well intentioned person can behave as a racist. It isn't by definition a statement about character or morality. It is exclusively about the impact of our behavior.

How racist is Boston, or any city? We can measure racism in a city with things like the distribution of funding for education, infrastructure, etc. And by the behavior of the private finance system when distributing mortgage and business loans. And by the content of policies with regards to employment. And by the behavior of the policing/justice system. There's no shortage of metrics. Idiots in the outfield isn't one of them.

The system in Massachusetts has never affected my Ex or kids. Not saying that the system isn't flawed or shouldn't be looked at. Each of the racial incidents DKF brought up were in the "idiots in the outfield" category.

Boston or Massachusetts is definitely not the worst city in the US in any category and, I personally, would rate it as one of the best.

The system in Massachusetts has never affected my Ex or kids. Not saying that the system isn't flawed or shouldn't be looked at. Each of the racial incidents DKF brought up were in the "idiots in the outfield" category.

Boston or Massachusetts is definitely not the worst city in the US in any category and, I personally, would rate it as one of the best.

I take it you are white and your Ex is POC? And kids by extension. If so, you've got some great stories, for sure.

Yeah, I grew up in Charlottesville VA, pretty much oblivious to any of this. I found out decades later that the banks in town had an agreement to charge Black folks higher interest rates on mortgages, and that Charlottesville was tied for the worst city in the country in that regard. It went on for decades, right into the 00's. The documentation of it was amazing. Yet for sure, the bankers were "perfectly nice people" and who were never heard to utter a single discriminatory statement, served on church committees, and donated to all the right causes, etc.

"You idiot"

Did I say that there was no racism in Boston? No

Did you ever respond to my question of, "Do you think Boston is the epicenter of racism?". No.

That is you spewing total BS. You're white knighting a racist theme and taking an undeserved dump on the city of Boston. You're such a hero.

Racism exists everywhere. Asia, Europe, the South and even in California.

The worst personal experiences of racism I've ever experienced with my Ex and kids was in NJ. Multiple times. We lived there for a couple of years. It was an issue. Never had that in Maine, New Hampshire and definitely not in Massachusetts.

So take your force fed opinion and hate of Boston and shove it up your ass.
Tony- save your breath. DFK is not a rational human being. Maybe he was once and is now going through some personal turmoil causing him to lash out at everyone and everything.
Its like arguing with a drunk.

I thought this thread was about the Celtics hiring their first person of color HC in history.

(Jay Williams is playing the ultra-lame "I was hacked" card to explain why he forgot about Doc Rivers. And ML Carr. And KC Jones. And Bill Russell. And one other guy who I cannot remember the name)

View attachment 33565
That Duke education put to good use …

This is pretty interesting from 2016. An attempt to actually use data to rank cities levels of racism by looking for racist words in tweets and tying to location. I can think of some immediate problems with this method (current events, excludes non-social media users) but At least it’s an ethos (well actually a methodology, but had to drop that line.)

I never said Boston was an epicenter. Go back and re-read your repeat accusations and what I actually wrote prior. You idiot. But clearly triggered because you deny any racism. It's laughable.
Racism is entrenched, but especially if you're white, you can miss it. Which is a nice thing in one sense, to enjoy life. But it's raging in systemic public administrative and authority areas. As you guys see, the target of the well intentioned is misplaced. For example, Tom Yawkey wasn't a terrible person; he wasn't even here for the Robinson sham tryout and the '67 team supported him (several black guys there). But when cars were turned over and set on fire in the busing riots, there were only 13 arrests because the cops were on their side.

Last edited:
This is pretty interesting from 2016. An attempt to actually use data to rank cities levels of racism by looking for racist words in tweets and tying to location. I can think of some immediate problems with this method (current events, excludes non-social media users) but At least it’s an ethos (well actually a methodology, but had to drop that line.)

Does Che have us at #1? Oh well, you're can't please everybody

There’s two factors, I think, when people consider moving somewhere when it comes to race.

1. Perceived racism.
2. Size of minority community.

No one can convince me that Boston has a history more entrenched in racism than, say, Atlanta, New Orleans, Charlotte, Dallas, etc. Just look at all of the huge racial conflicts that continue to rage on in those cities, and it makes sense because of US history and demographics. But Boston is also perceived as a place where a black person would be “a fish out of water“ in addition to racial prejudices because it’s not perceived as multi-cultural and is perceived as heavily white even though AAs are 25% of the population. As I posted before, melting pot cities like SF and NY have many racial incidents too, but those are typically written off as an outlier, whereas it’s supposedly in Boston‘s DNA.

But when cars were turned over and set on fire in the busing riots, there were only 13 arrests because the cops were on their side.
Sounds like what is going on today every time BLM or antifa riot….

Does Che have us at #1? Oh well, you're can't please everybody
I can’t take seriously any study that solely uses tweets as their input data. The twittersphere is not even remotely an accurate cross section of the country.

i knew ca. would be high up on the list. didn't happen to see boston mentioned anywhere. someone should send this article to kyrie and shannon horseface sharpe . of course this is not the be all end all but it is interesting.

Last edited:
There’s two factors, I think, when people consider moving somewhere when it comes to race.

1. Perceived racism.

No one can convince me that Boston has a history more entrenched in racism than, say, Atlanta, New Orleans, Charlotte, Dallas, etc. Just look at all of the huge racial conflicts that continue to rage on in those cities, and it makes sense because of US history and demographics. But Boston is also perceived as a place where a black person would be “a fish out of water“ in addition to racial prejudices because it’s not perceived as multi-cultural and is perceived as heavily white even though AAs are 25% of the population. As I posted before, melting pot cities like SF and NY have many racial incidents too, but those are typically written off as an outlier, whereas it’s supposedly in Boston‘s DNA.

Bostonians, though their god-given means to express themselves, have an elevated capacity to be @ssholes........throughout the process of being an @sshole, the line can be smeared where a person could be seen as racist when they're actually being the way they are behaving towards anyone.

Boston has also been very 'tribal' ..... the southie / charlestown thing is a great example

throughout the process of being an @sshole, the line can be smeared where a person could be seen as racist when they're actually being the way they are behaving towards anyone.

Very good point…aligns with what I’ve seen with my eyes.

1. Perceived racism.

Yeah perception is definitely not reality.

Bostonians, though their god-given means to express themselves, have an elevated capacity to be @ssholes........throughout the process of being an @sshole, the line can be smeared where a person could be seen as racist when they're actually being the way they are behaving towards anyone.

Boston has also been very 'tribal' ..... the southie / charlestown thing is a great example
It's also interesting how people around here are typically rude - not obnoxious like New Yorkers - yet often show kindness to others, particularly those who've suffered a misfortune.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back