PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

End of an Era for NBA

do people still watch the NBA? last I checked their ratings were below family feud

Careful people are going to pounce on you for this.

Time to close the thread now, since Rick Carlisle got a new job and thus the esoteric streak continues, making the entire thread entirely moot.

Before we all do a pat on the back *********** against Jay Williams (who is a bonafide idiot) a bunch of recent MLB players have shared experiences of racist heckling in the Fenway outfield the past couple years which I've also observed. So let's not pretend Boston doesn't have a reputation and also that segments of the population keep validating it in people's minds.

hope you said something to get those jerks thrown out. i grew up going to fenway and the garden, lived in the bay area and am now in san diego and by far the most racism i've witnessed is right here in sd. in fact, last week, san diego is where they were throwing tortillas at a hs basketball team that was mostly hispanic, and charger games were the worst for racial slurs of any stadium i've ever been in. so boston def does not have the racism market cornered like espn would like everyone to believe.

edit: almost forgot the most racist team and owner in sports...donald sterling of the sd/la clippers.

Last edited:

Too bad...I happened to watch the final 2+ minutes of the Suns-Clippers game last night...Took a ****ing half-****ing-hour...Just awful, Awful basset-ball...I was hoping that Phoenix - and their two idiot ball hawgs Booker & Paul - would choke the lead away...

Too bad...I happened to watch the final 2+ minutes of the Suns-Clippers game last night...Took a ****ing half-****ing-hour...Just awful, Awful basset-ball...I was hoping that Phoenix - and their two idiot ball hawgs Booker & Paul - would choke the lead away...
Yeah, I don't disagree about the current state of the game. Just posted that to show the ratings have been good. I'm sure people are just hungry to see "normal" events, in the sense of crowds, etc., so that plays a part.

To me it's the overwhelming influence of the 3-pointer that's the biggest culprit...instead of ball movement & creativity it's hero ball and three pointers. No going back unfortunately.

Jay Williams tweet is mindbogglingly ignorant.
Celtics signed 1st black player in nba history.
Celtics(Red Aeurbach) played the 1st all-black starting 5 in nba history .
Thats on top of all the black hcs the C's have had: Russell, Sanders, Jones, Carr,Rivers
I mean Rivers still coaches in the nba.
Williams might be the most ignorant of nba history of ANY nba media EVER. He went to Duke. His parents are professors.
How the hell can he be so f'n stupid?
Jewish head coach too

hope you said something to get those jerks thrown out. i grew up going to fenway and the garden, lived in the bay area and am now in san diego and by far the most racism i've witnessed is right here in sd. in fact, last week, san diego is where they were throwing tortillas at a hs basketball team that was mostly hispanic, and charger games were the worst for racial slurs of any stadium i've ever been in. so boston def does not have the racism market cornered like espn would like everyone to believe.

edit: almost forgot the most racist team and owner in sports...donald sterling of the sd/la clippers.

It's not a competition.

Boston has a documented history of racism - other parts of the country do as well. No sense is trying to deflect or make the case that 'x' area is worse than 'y', since that was never the original point of the comment.

I've visited San Diego for several months over the past 3-4 years and have always have a fantastic time and have never observed any racism. That's not to say it doesn't exist, but my experiences have been entirely positive. I'd imagine if I traveled to Boston with the same frequency, I'd very likely be able to share the same wholly positive experiences.

you've never been to Beantown? jeezus, you need to get out more,bunky...if you're broke PM me, I'll pay your plane ticket. Boston rocks, man...vibrant ,cosmopolitan, ethnically and racially diverse. The fact that some Southie racist bozos sitting in the bleacher seats made some racially offensive remarks at a game doesn't change this F-A-C-T. It's pretty simple...don't want to be offended by small minded bigoted tools, stay the hell out of Southie. End of rant.

Before we all do a pat on the back *********** against Jay Williams (who is a bonafide idiot) a bunch of recent MLB players have shared experiences of racist heckling in the Fenway outfield the past couple years which I've also observed. So let's not pretend Boston doesn't have a reputation and also that segments of the population keep validating it in people's minds.

I've never heard any racist comments at Fenway. None. I do doubt how anyone would be brave enough to say anything racists out loud at Fenway given that Massachusetts is a blue state and the sensitivity of politics overall.

I've taken Asian and Indian friends to see a game in the cheap seats and heard nothing.

I've been to Yankee stadium with my brother and heard more stupid shyt than I've ever heard at a Red Sox game.

My kids are half Asian and my Ex is full Asian. In the thirteen years we've lived here I've heard nothing that amounts to racism. Ignorant curiosities? Yes. But racism? No.

Boston or Massachusetts is definitely not the epicenter of racism.

I've never heard any racist comments at Fenway. None. I do doubt how anyone would be brave enough to say anything racists out loud at Fenway given that Massachusetts is a blue state and the sensitivity of politics overall.

I've taken Asian and Indian friends to see a game in the cheap seats and heard nothing.

I've been to Yankee stadium with my brother and heard more stupid shyt than I've ever heard at a Red Sox game.

My kids are half Asian and my Ex is full Asian. In the thirteen years we've lived here I've heard nothing that amounts to racism. Ignorant curiosities? Yes. But racism? No.

Boston or Massachusetts is definitely not the epicenter of racism.

Well I'm so glad we can put this to rest then since you've never seen it personally. Let's ignore the entire Red Sox organization and its own players because one individual has never encountered it and says it doesn't exist.

2020:
2020:
Youkilis:
2020:

Last edited:
Well I'm so glad we can put this to rest then since you've never seen it personally. Let's ignore the entire Red Sox organization and its own players because one individual has never encountered it and says it doesn't exist.

2020:
2020:
Youkilis:
2020:

This is dumb. My point was clear. If you want to label Boston as the epicenter of racism go ahead. I don't see it. I've lived all across this country and overseas. Boston is not a racist city. Whatever.

This is dumb. My point was clear. If you want to label Boston as the epicenter of racism go ahead. I don't see it. I've lived all across this country and overseas. Boston is not a racist city. Whatever.

Yeah we don't have to go back and forth. I believe you when you say you haven't personally seen it, and I believe you when you say so strongly it doesn't exist (in your mind). I just posted 4 links of actual evidence. We can end it there. The exchange is probably an accurate reflection of the state of affairs, in terms of perception differences.

Yeah we don't have to go back and forth. I believe you when you say you haven't personally seen it, and I believe you when you say so strongly it doesn't exist (in your mind). I just posted 4 links of actual evidence. We can end it there. The exchange is probably an accurate reflection of the state of affairs, in terms of perception differences.

Do you think Boston is the epicenter of racism?

I've see and experienced worse within my own family elsewhere. Boston has been great. I call BS on those who want to single out Boston or Massachusetts. It's total BS imo.

you know what "anecdotal" means or what?

Do you think Boston is the epicenter of racism?

I've see and experienced worse within my own family elsewhere. Boston has been great. I call BS on those who want to single out Boston or Massachusetts. It's total BS imo.

You convinced me. Racism doesn't exist in Boston. Thanks.

you've never been to Beantown? jeezus, you need to get out more,bunky...if you're broke PM me, I'll pay your plane ticket. Boston rocks, man...vibrant ,cosmopolitan, ethnically and racially diverse. The fact that some Southie racist bozos sitting in the bleacher seats made some racially offensive remarks at a game doesn't change this F-A-C-T. It's pretty simple...don't want to be offended by small minded bigoted tools, stay the hell out of Southie. End of rant.
So my niece's fiancé who is Brooklyn-Long Island centric went to Boston for the first time for a wedding about 3 weeks ago and now he won't stop talking about it. Greatest city, blah, blah, blah. All he wanted to do was eat lobstah from James Hook. Plans on going back the end of July, told my niece he'd rather go there than Paris for the honeymoon (that ain't happening).

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back