PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

End of an Era for NBA

Do you fart in every room you visit?

Look I love Red and Bill Russell. Second Wind is one of my favorite books. But this article is really grasping at straws. Ok, so zero connection left now from the 1960's when there were 8 NBA teams. Got it. Thanks for sharing.

For the first time in the history of the NBA neither Red Auerbach nor a player drafted or acquired by him had a job as a coach or a general manager.

Holy crap! That is absolutely mind blowing. I didn't read the article yet, but one could also argue that Red's pre-Celtics days would count because he coached in the BAA and NBL, which were the two highest pro basketball leagues back then. That would take Red's experience to 1946!

Last edited:
I thought this thread was about the Celtics hiring their first person of color HC in history.

(Jay Williams is playing the ultra-lame "I was hacked" card to explain why he forgot about Doc Rivers. And ML Carr. And KC Jones. And Bill Russell. And one other guy who I cannot remember the name)

1624497441997.png

I thought this thread was about the Celtics hiring their first person of color HC in history.

(Jay Williams is playing the ultra-lame "I was hacked" card to explain why he forgot about Doc Rivers. And ML Carr. And KC Jones. And Bill Russell. And one other guy who I cannot remember the name)

View attachment 33565

The organization is so racist that even their minority coaches have removed themselves from history books.

heh...someone waited for the newest C's coach to be named before hacking Jay Williams account and making the most idiotic, completely erroneous, racially implicative piece of feces tweet in recent memory...oh, right Jay...not you...must have been..oh..I don't know...uh...THIS GUY..?

jussie-smollett-mugshot-640x480.jpg

heh...someone waited for the newest C's coach to be named before hacking Jay Williams account and making the most idiotic, completely erroneous, racially implicative piece of feces tweet in recent memory...oh, right Jay...not you...must have been..oh..I don't know...uh...THIS GUY..?

It‘s a bad double standard.

If someone makes a mistake and says something offensive, there are no second chances.

If someone erroneously accuses a person or organization of racism, it’s no big deal.

Let’s either take racism seriously or not. False allegations just lead to skepticism that unproven allegations are also false. Blatant lies and irresponsible reporting, like what Willams just did, should have notable consequences.

Is that Jake from State Farm?

Jay Williams tweet is mindbogglingly ignorant.
Celtics signed 1st black player in nba history.
Celtics(Red Aeurbach) played the 1st all-black starting 5 in nba history .
Thats on top of all the black hcs the C's have had: Russell, Sanders, Jones, Carr,Rivers
I mean Rivers still coaches in the nba.
Williams might be the most ignorant of nba history of ANY nba media EVER. He went to Duke. His parents are professors.
How the hell can he be so f'n stupid?

Jay Williams tweet is mindbogglingly ignorant.
Celtics signed 1st black player in nba history.
Celtics(Red Aeurbach) played the 1st all-black starting 5 in nba history .
Thats on top of all the black hcs the C's have had: Russell, Sanders, Jones, Carr,Rivers
I mean Rivers still coaches in the nba.
Williams might be the most ignorant of nba history of ANY nba media EVER. He went to Duke. His parents are professors.
How the hell can he be so f'n stupid?
because he's a racist Boston hater and has been his entire life...simple really.

he's not ever going to apologize....did Smollett ever apologize?...these people are RACISTS. Racism isn't color specific despite what BLM wants everyone to believe.

I kinda figured that Chauncey Billups would have the inside track on the C's job...Kinda like trying to finish what that idiot Pitino never really gave him a chance to start here...

And I also agree: The Boston Celtics do Not have to apologize, nor even have to explain themselves, to Anyone about their hiring history...Ever.
Cornbread Maxwell should know better than that, too.

As to the opening post, Rick Carlisle is probably going to find a head coaching gig before the next season starts. Maybe the Pacers, where he coached and did well before, until "Malice at the Palace" and Ron Artest destroyed everything.

As to the opening post, Rick Carlisle is probably going to find a head coaching gig before the next season starts. Maybe the Pacers, where he coached and did well before, until "Malice at the Palace" and Ron Artest destroyed everything.

Fans at UVa are joking about having him come back there to be one of Tony Bennet's assistants.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back