PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

End of an Era for NBA

As to the opening post, Rick Carlisle is probably going to find a head coaching gig before the next season starts. Maybe the Pacers, where he coached and did well before, until "Malice at the Palace" and Ron Artest destroyed everything.
hey, can you give me a shot of that clairvoyance?

Bill Russell was the first black head coach in any American professional sport.

Russell's treatment by the 1960's era Celtics fan base is instrumental in forming the perception among atheletes of Boston being a racist city to play in. There is a certain irony that this tremendously poor piece of misreporting would fail to acknowledge Russell, of all people.

I thought this thread was about the Celtics hiring their first person of color HC in history.

(Jay Williams is playing the ultra-lame "I was hacked" card to explain why he forgot about Doc Rivers. And ML Carr. And KC Jones. And Bill Russell. And one other guy who I cannot remember the name)

View attachment 33565
Season 3 Nevermind GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

It's really hysterical, if you ask me. Talk about completely clueless.

Before we all do a pat on the back *********** against Jay Williams (who is a bonafide idiot) a bunch of recent MLB players have shared experiences of racist heckling in the Fenway outfield the past couple years which I've also observed. So let's not pretend Boston doesn't have a reputation and also that segments of the population keep validating it in people's minds.

Who is Red Auerbach?

Never mind, it’s the guy who sings
“Never Going To Give You Up”

Whew. Carlisle was a C's player for 3 years in the mid 1980's out of his dozen year playing career. Glad that the esoteric streak nobody cares about can continue now.

Hopefully McDaniels can coach for this organization for as many years as this streak has been alive.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back